07. Fill Me Up
    08. Layne
    09. Falling Down
    10. Reality
    11. Tonight
    12. Could It Be
    13. Blow Away
    14. Intro

Released : May 20th, 2003 - I picked this baby up at midnight! Oh yeah!

First Single [Price to Play] - This is actually one of my least favorite tracks on the record. Still a good song but it will be played out sooner or later. I think the song "How About You" really has what it takes to become Staind's new single.

Sound - The sound is still the same. The guitars are a bit lighter and the vocals are very melodic. I love the sound and I would change nothing about it. Aaron Lewis still puts alot of emotion into his lyrics and hopefully will continue to. The big question. Does it beat out "Break The Cycle"... Well that is very hard to tell from now. Give me sometime to listen to the songs over and over. But it will be very hard to be "Break The Cycle"

My Picks - Do I really have to pick? The CD has so many great tracks it is hard to choose. But I have been listening to "How About You", "So Far Away", "Layne", and "Reality" alot! But it is very, very hard to choose a favorite. Maybe alittle down the road it will be alittle easier.

Ratings - I would rather not rate this CD. It is a very awesome CD and I for one recommend this CD to any person who has like Staind in the past or even does not like Staind. Who knows! You may just like it!
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I'm still waiting for Amazon to come through on my order...
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    Best Buy, Circuit City, & Best Buy have it for like $9.99! I got mine at meijers so I could get it at midnight. It was $9.88 at Meijers. It also comes with a Bonus DVD [Homegrown] w/ 40+Mins of footage. *thinks about getting that staind tatoo on his leg* maybe......
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo
    I saw Staind live twice.
    :rolleyes:
  • Chesire%s's Photo
    Being sad is so 5 years ago.

I used to like staind when I was in the 5th/6th grade...

Being sad is so 5 years ago.

I used to like staind when I was in the 5th/6th grade...

Not everyone has the life they want. Not everyone can be happy. So just be fortunate that you are not one of us. And you do not have to be depressed to like Staind. It is just good music.
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo
    I have gotten over my "deep emotion" phase.
    I only get bitter.
    This fucking music has nothing to do with emotions.
    When it comes to actual content, it's shit.
  • Chesire%s's Photo
    I have the life I want. I am so lucky. That is why I listen to fun, danc-y music like The Kinison (well, kind of) The Blood Brothers, The Hollywood Ten, etc.

But yah, I will probably hear the single sometime (still haven't heard it) and I bet it will suck ;)X
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Staind is so fucking uninspired, redundant shit. I'm sorry that this guy hates his fucking life so much, but just sell some more records and T-shirts. Leave me the fuck alone.

Another blow to the piece-of-ass Boston music scene.
    If you would actually buy his new CD and listen to his lyrics. It is not about his life being shit. It is actually about how his life is changing and getting better.
  • Chesire%s's Photo
    But I don't care about one person's life. i like to listen to visonary, imaginative, descriptive, unique lyrics...

oh well, I like I said, I'll wait till I hear the single and judge the album off of that.

But I don't care about one person's life. i like to listen to visonary, imaginative, descriptive, unique lyrics...

oh well, I like I said, I'll wait till I hear the single and judge the album off of that.

It is not all about his life. And neither are songs from 'Break The Cycle', 'Dysfunction', or 'Tormented'... As for their single 'Price to Play'... I am not saying I don't like it. But it is my least favorite. So I wouldn't look forward to that song too much. Download some of the songs I posted above.

And what about that Deftones in your sig? I thought you just listen to dance crap. I thought you had test. As for all those people who bought Deftones new cd. I would have rather gotten 14 shades of grey over it.. i got both cds.. and deftones is not that great.. i have not listened to it all... but white pony kills it...
  • Chesire%s's Photo
    I didn't say only listen to dance type rock, did I? :) I love the Deftones and always have. I got the new album at the midnight signing and think it is good. Not the best, but so far good. Certainly on the bottom of my fave Deftones albums.

But the thing is with Staind, the singer gets on y nerves. Chino has a great voice and is very melodic. He doesn' sound like a cry-baby. :)
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Deftones isn't nu-metal. Okay? Okay.

Deftones isn't nu-metal. Okay? Okay.

Who said it was nu-metal?
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    staind are boring and bland.
  • Vert45%s's Photo

If you would actually buy his new CD and listen to his lyrics. It is not about his life being shit. It is actually about how his life is changing and getting better.

ALL DOWN HILL FROM THERE, BABY!
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo

...but I guess they can't deliver.  Oh well.

... I guess they can deliver, but the deliverance is based on whoevers' whole opinion of the band.
    I don't really give a fuck, myself.
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo

I don't really give a fuck, myself.

Thats nice.
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo
    Wow.
    Let's not take the sarcasm to a godlike level.
    Not here, slugger(slugr).

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading