Ask the Experts / Can't Open RCT2 Saved Game I was working on.

• chemist%s's Photo

Hey guys! I'm running into a issue that I had before with opening a park. I've been working on this park all week and now since I got home today I can't seem to open it. It keep saying invalid error! The only thing I can possible think of is if I saved by mistake on zero clearance. Does that mean saved game is RIP? Try to load the file and let me know if it works anyone willing to help? 

http://www.filedropper.com/chemist2

• chemist%s's Photo

If anyone can help me, please give me a msg or something! I really want to finish this project and post it up for you guys!

• Faas%s's Photo

It says invalid data for me. The only thing I can think of is that you have some banner objects in the park that are causing trouble, but that's a long shot. 

• G Force%s's Photo

I'd start making multiple saves of your projects.  I usually make a new save every 15-20 minutes, which is probably little overkill but always get paranoid that I'm going to lose a bunch of work because of things like this.

• chemist%s's Photo

NOOOOOO, another RIP! God damnit! This was so sick what I had too, probably one of my best works I ever done. Thanks for the help guys! This stuff kind of saddens me though, I put so much love and time into this and now its just..gone.. smh. I don't even want to play no more after shit like this happens, excuse my expression but I wonder if dexler patch would make a difference?

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    Drexler is for LL not rct2
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo

I couldn't open it either. Maybe you didn't save it as export plugin objects. I think everyone does what G Force said, save your game as a new file every 15-20 minutes. Then if you have an issue you can go back a few saved games a you only have to rebuild a little bit. Maybe another member can figure out your issue.

What bench did you use to start on?... I recently installed rct on a new laptop so my objdat folder is on the small side and I'm missing a ton of objects from your file.

• Sephiroth%s's Photo

I have a ton of objects in my objdata folder and get the same error. Exporting is, unfortunately, not the issue. I am fairly sure it's an object issue though, and maybe a browse through the park's object files with a dat checker program (I'd do it but I can't seem to get mine to work) or parkdat could find the problem and remedy it.

• Faas%s's Photo

I sent you a PM with an updated file on your park. Try and see if it opens now. It does say I need Time Twister, could that be right? 

• RCTER2%s's Photo

I have TT/WW, can't open it invalid file.

• chemist%s's Photo
    Lol I really think its another rip , this shit is retarded. Happened 3 times so far and pushes back my releases..and I created my own workbench If you were wondering . And yeah it's TT/WW

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading