Ask the Experts / Merging tutorial

• ida%s's Photo

I honestly don't know if this has been shown before but here's a tutorial on how i merge in 8cars.

For this tutorial i'll be merging a Giga Coaster into a Mini Coaster. Here's what we'll be starting off with.

FDc7Xn5.png

Colour the piece of track where you want the merge a different colour.

AVPpcec.png

In 8cars, raise both the coloured tracks by one, and zero clearance them.

ULRxV5v.png

Ingame it'll look like this.

CdJfjGc.png

Build track backwards through the piece you've just raised. Then, go back in 8cars and lower the pieces again. Also, be sure to set the Giga Coaster to Boat Hire mode so it will run properly. And don't forget to restore clearances!

mHmEANm.png

Back ingame it'll look like this.

l1S1a54.png

Then, change the colours of the alternative colour scheme to match the main colour scheme and you're done!

N6ZMIGU.png

• Liampie%s's Photo
    If you raise the track two units instead of one, you don't need to use zero clearance. That's safer.

Also, boat hire can cause your game to crash if the merge failed. Powered launch mode is another alternative, and again, safer.

For the rest, solid basic tutorial.
  • Mattk48%s's Photo

There's another tutorial around somewhere, but this one is nice and easy to understand

• Louis!%s's Photo

http://www.nedesigns...g-on-windows-7/

which is inside this topic:

http://www.nedesigns...mode-guide-too/

i've made the title of the topic clearer, it didn't advertise the merging tutorial before

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    The problem with this is that raising/lowering with edit ride stats doesn't work on a lot of Windows7 machines. I don't know what OS you're using, but there's a reason people use MOM to merge.
  • ida%s's Photo

I actually do use Win7, i don't really know why it works on my computer fine but it does.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading