General Chat / General Football Thread

• Liampie%s's Photo
    A summary of things going on:

- The Dutch failed to qualify for the Euros after an embarrassing campaign
    - Belgium takes the top position in the FIFA ranking
    - Wales, Albania, Northern Ireland and Iceland did qualify for the Euros
    - Lewandowski is unleashed
    - International break left a lot of high profile players crippled and injured
    - Blind and Hiddink are idiots
    - Depay needs a break
    - The other blind as well, maybe
    - Buffon is still playing at almost 50 years

I don't know who to root for in the Euros. I'd say Germany but they won the world cup last year. I still like their team but I'm always in favour of variety. Maybe France, they're getting back to form after a period of mediocrity. At least I'll support the underdogs. Go Iceland!
  • Faas%s's Photo

I'll at least support Turkey a bit because I practically live their. I could just cross the street to one of the Turkish cafés and have a party with them. 

• Louis!%s's Photo

Might as well start rooting for a team that isn't my own country as we are likely to fuck up and leave at the group stages.

Go Wales!

• Six Frags%s's Photo

I think I'm rooting for Belgium. They have a squad that could win too, lots of talent in this generation like Hazard, De Bruijne, Lukaku, Kompany.. France and Germany are looking strong too though.. Italy and Spain could surprise but I don't think they'll reach the finals..

I wonder if Blind and the director of the Dutch football association could stay, as they both screwed up.. I think starting all over with a clean sheet, a new coach and head of the KNVB could work out well, but we'll see.. Basically all our talented players were injured during qualification, like Robben, Strootman, Vlaar, Willems.. Maybe if they all are back we could actually start winning some games again with new talents like Tete..

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading