Theme Park Discussion / Roller Coaster Draft 2 America group

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Taron looks like itll be great but it feels weird choosing a ride when we dont even know what the layout is imo
  • nin%s's Photo
    I'm still going to question why a ride like Taron can be chosen while a ride like Hulk can't. We don't have a layout for Taron, we don't have a ("new") layout for Hulk. Both are under construction. Both will open next year. The "old" Hulk is listed as defunct and the new simply hasn't been added to rcdb yet.

I dislike the idea of choosing rides that aren't even open because we're simply judging by speculation. A team of rides that have a few unopened will never be as good as one that contains all operating rides, even if the upcoming rides look like the best thing ever. It's just basing your opinion off pictures and artwork rather than the real deal. A spotlight park isn't won by good screens, it's won by actuality.

Anywho, I choose Mindbender
  • Faas%s's Photo
    I agree with nin. I'm not voting on rides that aren't there yet.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    We do have a layout for Taron tbh. And the track is pretty much completed.

And we do have a layout for Hulk. Hulk is to be the exact same layout, it physically can't be different for legality reasons.
  • nin%s's Photo
    The issue is that I was told I couldn't pick Hulk based on it being listed as defunct on rcdb. Why is that ride any different when we know it's coming back?
  • Maverix%s's Photo

I think it's fine that we pick rides that we know are going to be open next year, even if they aren't finished or open yet, we still know that they exist and will be ride-able soon.  It's certainly a risk to pick them as nobody has ridden them yet and for the most part there aren't pov's to look at but it's a risk taken when drafting them.

I do think though that Hulk should be able to be pick, as Louis said, the track layout won't change layout wise, it's in the same light as Ghostrider as it's just getting a complete overhaul of the track to make it smoother.  Basically normal maintenance, but with the twist that the ride has to basically be torn down and re-built because it's a steel coaster.  

• Louis!%s's Photo

Who said you couldn't pick Hulk? :o

1) Hulk only closed a few months ago, its operated for the majority of the season.

2) We know the layout it will have when it reopens.

3) It should open next year, even if its late in the season, and if it doesn't, its not like it matters when we know exactly what it is when its going to be no different to how it was (except for maybe an actual B&M launch)

• Austin55%s's Photo
    I said that because its not listed on rcdb as active and I don't want to change the rules halfway through the contest.
  • Maverix%s's Photo

Yeah I think that's fine for now, but when we do this again (and we better, this shit is fun as hell) we should be a bit more clear on these things I guess.

• Austin55%s's Photo
    It would have been a good idea to wait until spring or early summer to do it, since by then most rides are farther along or open. In future we'll keep that in mind.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo

Phantom's Revenge @ Kennywood

http://rcdb.com/1Phantom-s-Revenge-kennywood-7775432-966-23.htm#

• G Force%s's Photo
    Kawasemi
    http://rcdb.com/3799.htm
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Baron 1895 is still available folks.
  • Maxwell%s's Photo

http://rcdb.com/11.htm

4776442098_6a3cf05bd2_b.jpg

• Austin55%s's Photo
    Balder

http://rcdb.com/1562.htm
  • Maverix%s's Photo

blue fire Megacoaster

• Cocoa%s's Photo

phantoms revenge is also cool as fuck, I'd take it if I still needed a hyper for sure

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    Ninja at magic mountain
  • Louis!%s's Photo

blue fire Megacoaster

fantastic choice ;)

• Maverix%s's Photo

That one was for you Louis ;)

Tags