Ask the Experts / Object Data Limit

• F0ndue%s's Photo

So, I seem to have commited the cardinal sin in RCT2 of having too many objects; as I cannot scroll down the scenario editor small object list anymore. Currently I have about 6600 objects in my folder, and looks like I have to throw out some. What is the exact limit, and how do I go on about that? How can I determine what to keep and what to throw away? Since my old disc doesnt work anymore I had to pick up the steam version, which forced me to have TT and WW as well (ugh). I feel tempted to throw out those objects as well, since I never use them/play those scenarios, but I am afraid that it will break my game. 

Makes me also wonder if openRCT is a complete recoding that will remove those pesky limits. 

• G Force%s's Photo

The error you're having isn't due to having to many dat objects in your rct2 program files, its likely because you have to many small scenery objects selected in the editor.  Try selecting tabs instead and using those, or better yet use pre-made benches like the Louis bench or Xtreme97 bench.  Making CSO benches is extremely difficult for anyone but the most experienced and knowledgeable members when it comes to objects and park construction.

• F0ndue%s's Photo

Well, I am not sure if I understood you correctly, but by default there are 130 small scenery objects selected when I am in the editor. Not sure what tabs you meant (like scenery groups?), but I downloaded a bunch of benches. I guess I could always use ParkDat, but it would probably take me forever to edit everything until it fits. 

• inthemanual%s's Photo

you can throw out the WW/TT objects without worry. I'd make sure to back them up somewhere

• F0ndue%s's Photo

Any way to determine which of those the WW/TT objects are?

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    Sort by date
  • F0ndue%s's Photo

Doesn't work for me. Just a handful of data is from before this year.

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    Date added or date modified? Try both.
  • F0ndue%s's Photo

Tried both, but none of the dates are older than one year. I had some older ones before, but they seem to have disappeared, or rather had their dates changed for whatever reason. 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading