News / New Runner-Ups

This topic hosts comments for 4 parks(View Parks)
  • Ozone%s's Photo
    WBHA downloads = 60
    Fantastic wonders download = 127

Holy..

Well, instead of waiting for people to comment on WBHA (and download), I will write a small review of the three other parks.

Fantistic wonders
    Well, this is very nice. As blitzsama pointed out, there were some amateur things here - AS WRITING IN CAPS LOCK. Not to worry, I did all mine untill Illusions isle in caps. All in all, a nice rct2 park. Not quite my thing, but good ideas and nice archy.

Posted Image

Tambora Lagoon
    It looks old. I understand, because it is old. Some nice coasters, lots of them guest coasters it seems like (haha, right. Like I have a lot of room to talk). I'm sure this park would have been impressive when it was started.

Exile
    Odd, judging from the name I thought that it would be an egyption theme. I guess not. The rides were all nice. Yes, the archy here was a little boring, but is that really a bad thing? I loved seeing those woven awnings. ;)
  • RMM%s's Photo

I'm sorry, but i thought Fantastic Wonders was messy :'(

Yes, I don't understand.
  • Physco%s's Photo
    The two parks I saw (WB and Exile) were awesome. The other two I just downloaded and will look at them later.
  • nfg0517%s's Photo
    I have looked at both Fantastic Wonders and Wormwood extensively (RCT 1 doesnt work on my computer for some reason). Until Fantastic Wonders came out i thought that Wormwood was amazing. Even still it is very different and creative, but (no offense to Aero21) after looking at Timothy Cross's Park, the luster of Wormwood almost disapears. Maybe it is the shear size but Fantastic Wonders seems to be so much more alive. Coaster Ed put it nicely to relate this park to Disneyland because it does have that fantastival sense to it while still staying within the realistic realm. The park itself even has the same basic makeup of a Disney Park(Center circle with themed areas branching off). The only negative thing I can say about this park is the coasters. Truthfully, there is not one coaster in that park that i would be dieing to go on, but i guess thats not the point of that park. Great job Timothy and you certainly deserve a parkmaker's page in my opinion.
  • Tony%s's Photo
    Geez, be happy I fucking finished it.
  • Metropole%s's Photo

Unfortunatly Fantastic Wonders was the only park i am able to view. But by all means it lives upto its name. What I loved about this park more than anything is that no matter where you go theres music playing..... and it fits too. Not only that but the atmosphere is so enveloping and beautiful, it makes me want to jump into my computer screen. Damn, I for one think he deserves the parkmaker place if he gets it. Timmothy Cross, I take my hat off to you. :)

Hmm, I really need to sort out some way to get LL working.

I totally agree with you VooDoo. I thought it was great how the music totally added to the atmosphere of the park, especially into the Imagination area (destination imagination and everything) He used the organ style music which i don't hear much and it was used very differently, but fitted in absolutely perfectly. It was such a nice touch

I totally agree with Coaster Ed's review. I think the idea is that we look past the coaster designs and see the concept of the park. It really is mind blowing. I've been looking at the park non stop for so long now. It's just absolutely Mindblowing.

Unfortunatly, i can't get my LL working, so i can't download the others, sorry guys, but I am sure they are amazing and worthy of a runner up. well done to all of you!

Metro B)
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    1. Exile - I liked this park a lot. I loved the adventure rides and he pulled off the green paths...

2. Wbha - Also a very nice park and my pick of the runner ups. The creativity in this park was absolutely amazing and very inspiring at the same time.

3. FW - Nice little park and a great debut. Not as good as wormwood in my opinion (I dont think any of these parks came close) but every area had a nice atmosphere but i think you overused the flowers. GJ

4. Tambora - not bad but as iris said it was made a long time ago and for that time it would have been great. GJ on releasing it
  • i c ded pplz%s's Photo
    i also thought Fantastic Wonders was messy - yet the ideas still jumped out - the park was the most realistic park i have seen yet at NE - mainly because NE is all about hacks, landscaping, stories, and creativity.

As a theme park FW's ownz - while messy - its good - the atmosphere is
    :OMG:

Perhaps Timothy Cross shouldn't be made a park maker straight away - but after his second park (which i have heard a little about from a reliable source) - I'm sure his work will have improved (not so messy) - and he'll have enough respect too be a park maker... :)
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Yes I agree FW was messy but personally I'm more interested in the ideas at this point than the same clean style of theming that myself and a lot of others use. I like that Timothy Cross builds in a different style than I do, NE like anything else could always use some more variety. It's perfectly clear to me that Timothy Cross has the imagination and puts in the extra effort to be a parkmaker right now.
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    Okay, here we go....

WB's Hawaiian Adventure
    It actually turned out better than I thought. The shopping area thingy was quit nice. It had good colors and a nice atmosphere. I really liked the Swiss Fmily Robinson Treehouse. The park was nice though I was expectiong something a little diffrent. I had heard something about a Lilo and Stitch area, but couldn't find it unless I misunderstood something. The Looney Toons area was my favorite. I loved the idea of Wile. E. Coyote going over the cliff while Roadrunner stands there and watches. The Peter Pan area was nice. The theming was done well and the coaster was crazy. The Terminator area was my least favorite because it was so black. The coaster was quite nice though. Kuztopia was quite beautiful.

Fantastic Wonders
    I think the theming and ideas were wonderful, but the exicution turned out a little messy. I loved the overgrown garden though, I think the garden theming was used perfectly.

Tambora Lagoon
    I was dissapointed, and think Kumbamaster has made much better. The giga-coaster was the best thing about it though.

Exile
    The Hawaiian area would have been much better if it had not had those green paths, they just suck the life right out of it. The "Choose Your Own Adventure" ride was nice, it had good theming. The park seemed kinda dull at parts, but I still think it deserved a runner-up.

I think I spelled Hawaiian wrong,
    Hevydevy B)
  • Prince%s's Photo

Exile
      Odd, judging from the name I thought that it would be an egyption theme.  I guess not.  The rides were all nice.  Yes, the archy here was a little boring, but is that really a bad thing?  I loved seeing those woven awnings. ;)

Exile is the last installment of the Myst Trilogy, it has absolutely nothing to do with Egypt.

~Prince Ashitaka~ 8@
  • mantis%s's Photo

Geez, be happy I fucking finished it.

Tambora. Don't worry, Kumba, I think it's excellent. Your best, that's for sure. People say it's outdated, but I think it's amazingly modern considering when most of it was made. The Grand Tropical Hotel was probably the first hotel I saw on that scale (enormous!) and the whole of that map has a fun, relaxed atmosphere. The second map was equally impressive, and I know Andrew will be pleased everyone gets to see his "OMG HE MADE A COASTER THROUGH A WATERFALL!!!£"!!@" :D. Well Done, Kumba (and co.)!

Exile. Freak, I can't make up my mind. There are flashes of genius (Xanfia, Hang-Gliding concept) but, equally, there are some areas that I passed over without a second glance. I think that the Hawaiian area could have been improved with more architecture around the island. As it was, the pathed/building area was limited to that single passage at the edge, and the rest of the island was a little sparse in comparison. But you did an awesome theme job on Dragon's Seige, so loads of thanks for that! :) Well Done on completing a park that destroys Abyss entirely. And that Frog is genius.

Island of Myths. Well, I saw this a few times but that did NOT prepare me for the finished project. It's quite funny, actually, because the mini-map seems to be the real star of the park! The architecture, colours, landscaping and general coolness are unmatched in any single area of the Large Map. Love it. However, the Large Map is obviously the more....impressive of the two. Terminator is simply fantastic. Seriously, i'm in awe of that area - the coaster use is phenomenal. But my favourite area is Return to Neverland. The coaster is, as usual from Ed, innovative and enchanting, but the theming is the clincher. I love the hedges, flowers and general originality of the theme. Excellent park, Ozone. Your best since Illusions Isle.

Finally. I guess I should post the write-up I did for Fantastic Wonders when it won Pinnacle Park at RCT Station:

The fourth Pinnacle Park comes from the latest RCT2 sensation Timothy Cross. An astounding response to this solo park was matched by claims of over-exposure, but Fantastic Wonders will help put any doubts to rest. This is a truly epic park, and one that can easily be considered one of RCT2's first masterpieces. Intense theming, impressive ideas and a stunning park experience add up to make this many peoples' favourite RCT2 park.

The large access roads and superior car park hint at what is to lie inside, and the elaborate entrance gates really set the tone. Leading off the quaint Main Street, Grasshopper Fields is set in a world of overgrown plants and friendly (or not so friendly!) critters. Leap n Lunge is a quad-freefall themed to the extreme with creeping vines and intricate architecture. The Great Ant Hill Invasion is an atmospheric journey through a large ant hill in rickety old mine carts, and Dust Devil takes riders on a dizzying journey round rocky outcrops and through thick foilage. It doesn't take a nucular scientist to see Timothy Cross's skill in the theming department!

The next area is Robo World, a quite stunning section filled with flashing lights, smoke and machinery. Futuristic theming and intense coasters are the deal, and both are pulled off with great dexterity, not least the hyperspeed Roboworld Tours! However, the Sky Point Cafe steals the show with its sky high walkways and viewing decks. The adjoining lake area, Amazing Ways of Wonders, is equally impressive. Premier attractions make way for more family-orientated pleasures such as the Wonders of Nature sanctuary and the Deep Sea Ventures submarine Ride.

In the park's far corner is the beautiful Elfwood Aftertimes. There is definitely a touch of magic to this area with its diagonal pathing and the quirky Rocket Man - a launched 4D coaster that lets riders 'Jet Pack' around the area. The theming is pure fantasy, epitomised by the toadstools, candy and flowers. Fantasy Flights is a surprisingly intense wild mouse ride, and the colours of both rides and buildings are very vibrant. Just next to this area lies Patty Panda's Realm of Enchantment, a picturesque mini-area containing some of the park's most beautiful theming and architecture.

The final area is Showdown Valley, a muddy western area containing the park's scariest ride - Gorilla Mountain! The river boats take riders around a gloomy mountain complete with fuming skulls and spooky machinery. The Coal Miner is an enjoyable mine train ride, and Timmy Tiger's Animal Safari (a hacked car ride) is a perfect example of the park's little details.

Once you've finished looking at the park, there's always the Fantastic Grand hotel to take your breath away, along with All Things Amazing - a collection of nifty indoor attractions. This is the best way to round out a 'fantastic' park experience, and i'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more from Timothy Cross in the future. Well Done on winning the Pinnacle Park!

Too bad RCT Station shut before it went up. Great Park, Timothy. I can't imagine what you'd be capable of in LL, but if you're this good at RCT2 I don't think even I can find it in me to tell you to leave the sequel.

Great Spotlight Round. Universal's Outrage and Wormwood as two fantastic spotlights and some really stunning runners-up too.

Well Done everyone involved.
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo

But the funny thing is, I don't care.  In fact, you could all hate it and I would still continue to build parks the way I like them. Otherwise, I'm still proud of my work.

You couldn't have said it any better. Too many parks are pursuaded by what other people think..... Just make them for yourself.

Mantis, iris originally told me that he would use your review for FW........ he lied to me! ;)

Tim....... great park and congrats once again.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    Fantastic Wonders Messy but pretty. lol. Nuff said.

WBHR Amazing. Literally. You've come a longgggggg way in your parkmaking. I would have said it deserved spotlight had you actually built more than two of the coasters, lol. You are an amazing themer though, so great job!

Tambora Lagoon Resort I don't see how this park is considered outdated. Amazing coasters, theming, and that hotel... damn! Great job!

Exile Hit or miss park. I know many are disappointed, but that's your opinion I guess. I really consider it a chance for me to start momentum for releasing parks. lol. The theming needs work, but all in all, I thought I did pretty good with it. And just for small clarification, I did all the hacking on Dragon's Seige. Mantis was the creator of the layout though. And Beta, how is that hack used a lot now? I've seen it in DEO and Exile, but no where else.

Thanks to those who liked my park, but thanks to those who gave me points on how to improve it. Thanks again for making it a runner-up iris.
  • YetiGKM%s's Photo
    Damn, this was a good round for runner ups this time. I liked all of them, but I liked Tambora the most. I thought the coasters were great and the guest appearences made the park even better. It was almost like an NE Group park, but all of the sections flowed well and seemed like they were built by one person only.

Exile - I loved the way that this turned out Freak. The themeing was great and you have gotten a lot better then Tomb Raider. Oh, and by the way, thanks for mentioning that I had the concept for the hang-gliding coaster. I appreciate it. See if I ever let you use my ideas again... ;)

WBHR - All I have to say is wow! The park was great and I was surprised you could get a guest appearence from Coaster Ed in your park. I had no idea he did guest spots. But thats not even the best part. The best part was your architecture. It stole the show from the rest of the park.
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    Wow Mantis, I can't believe you posted the whole 'Pinnacle Park Review.' Thanks! Thanks to everyone else that commented too.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    My favorite park was Fantastic Wonders.

It had a great atmosphere all round, and the road to the park, although not a new idea, has never been done as nicely as this. Good use of custom scenery, not overused, and fitting with the bright colours and intensive themes.

You definitely could have got away with calling this park disney. No one would have argued.

:xmas:
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    "It's like a ton of good ideas ruined by amateur parkmaking"

Yes Blitz, that sums up Fantastic Wonders quite well I'd say. Throughout the park, there were some wonderfully creative ideas, buildings, and whatnot, yet everything else was just okay. Too bad this entire park couldnt have been filled up with these special ideas. Some places were just plain horrible, some were amoung the greatest things built in RCT2 to this day, and the rest was just average. So, as you can see, I'm not sure what to think about this park.

One thing I KNOW you can improve on though Timmy is naming. Oh yes, naming. Sorry, but "Fantastic Wonders" is amoung the worst names I have heard in a long time, especially for a park as innotave as this.

If the decision were within my hands, there is no way you would become a Parkmaker anytime soon, but with time, yes indeed. Just work on those mediocre things in-between the masterpieces and your work will be true parkmaker quality.

WBHA was just what I had expected, an epic park of great proportions. However, there is one MAJOR thing holding this park back from being truly wonderful (and being a Spotlight for that matter). This big thing is the sheer size of the park. No, indeed, its not any smaller that your average RCT1 park, but judging from how much park is actually in it, you would think this thing was half a map! Ozone, there really wouldnt be anything holding you back from spotlight if you had filled up this park with only about 1/4 of the amount of water you had, and the rest being true park. If I were you, I would use my skills to make a huge park filled to the brim with quality and quanity (not just quality) and snag myself a Spotlight of my own. Nice job all the same though.

I'm not quite sure where you guys are comming from when you describe Tambora Lagoon as a rather mediocre park. Ironicly (Since I found his other resort incredibly overrated), I found this park quite UNDERRATED from what some people have been saying about it. This park was a LOT of quanity, with only a bit less quality as WBHA, making it my favorite park in the bunch. There are places where it is easy to see that the park was rushed, but in all its entirety, I still like this park a lot (No, I dont love it, I just like it a lot ;)). Yes, too bad this wasnt released much earlier.............. tisk tisk tisk.............

You know, I was wondering.......... I thought I heard that Posix was finishing this park after Kumba quit it........... what happened there?

Exile was a nice park. The coasters (particularly those wonderful dueling adventure coasters) were great. The themeing wasnt bad, but just lacked a lot of effort. As I have told you many times before Freak, you need more building/architecture quality in your parks (MORE and BETTER buildings...... incase you didnt catch my substitution of words.....). Yes, I remember those long lost buildings in Tomb Raider. I know your talent with buildings and themeing. Why dont you try and USE it more?

Yes, that is my review of your park. I know I promised you a nice long review, but you will find that over time I tend to *forget* these things ;) :lol:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!
  • Tony%s's Photo

You know, I was wondering.......... I thought I heard that Posix was finishing this park after Kumba quit it........... what happened there?

Posix was a girl and didn't finish it, which doesn't surprise me now because he never finishes anything I ask him to. So much for me being his "favorite", lol.
  • x-sector%s's Photo

Posix was a girl and didn't finish it, which doesn't surprise me now because he never finishes anything I ask him to. So much for me being his "favorite", lol.

Thats because I'm his favourite now so get over it.

Oh I haven't replied to this yet and looked at the parks ages ago so I'm going to have to give short comments

Timmy Cross - WOO HOO Awesome Ideas man.

WBHA- was awesome aswell. I can't belive you got Coaster ED to do a coaster for you bastard. next rct1 park I make I have to ask him to make me a coaster. :)

Kumba's resort was good lots of nice rides from people and a groovy hotel.

Exile was also good see parts of it before :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading