Ask the Experts / River rapids: problems with statistics

• Jappy%s's Photo

After a lot of effort, I've managed to get the rapids hack working again in my new project, but the statistics are kinda weird. Everything is zero! Now, I want guests to ride this but with this low an excitement rating, no way this will be a popular ride, even though in a previous savegame the intensity was around 4 or something and everything worked fine. I've included a picture so you can see the situation.

Did I do something wrong and any ideas how to fix it?

NES62.png

• Otsdarva%s's Photo

Pause the game

Go to 8 cars and change the rapid's operating mode to power launched

Return to the game and randomly change the launch speed

Go back to 8 cars and restore the rapid's original operating mode (continuous circuit)

Un-pause the game and wait until boat 1 completes a circuit or two for accurate stats.

• Jappy%s's Photo

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work sadly... Anyone else?

• Jappy%s's Photo

I don't really care anymore about the bad stats, but since I've added peeps to Keverdal Kingdom, I've found a problem that's a loot worse... They won't board the ride! I've followed every step in the rapids tutorial on Reddit, it worked in Vossendal, but not here sadly. The peeps will queue for it, but just won't go on board. Anyone know what to do? I'll even send you the park so you can take a look for yourself.

It's this tutorial I've followed. https://www.reddit.c...c_river_rapids/

• Otsdarva%s's Photo

Is the station for the dummy mini roller coaster station #2? Because the guests are queuing and leaving from the rapid's second station, the dummy station number must correspond with the original ride's.

• Jappy%s's Photo

I thought that was the problem too, so I extended the platform for the dummy mini coaster to two, but sadly it had no effect. Maybe I'll just start again completely. A brand new rapids and mini coaster from scratch, a fresh start.

Maybe you want to take a look?

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

I don't know how to make them board but as far as making them ride the ride, excitement rating barely matters. Just put the entrance on a corner (of an invisible path, it doesn't have to look like a corner).

The key to making people ride your rides that very few people have a grasp of is to build the entrance on a decision point. It's simple but nobody ever does it... put the ride queue entrance on a corner. This greatly increases the probability that guests will get in line.

If these queue's were intersecting a straight path then they wouldn't befull. Sure people would still ride but unless the ride was so new that there were a lot of people specifically heading for it it would never have high ridership. This is the single biggest factor in a ride's popularity. It could be a carousel or a hypercoaster and guests won't really care... queues built on corners in high traffic areas see a ton of riders regardless of the ride. DO that and stop worrying about ratings.

• Jappy%s's Photo

Thanks for the tip, but that doesn't solve the problem really. Guests WANT to ride the rapids, they stand in the queue. But because of some weird problem or something that happend during the hack, they just stand there, not boarding the ride even thought the boats stop at the dummy station. They just stand there, complaining about how they've waited ages for a ride that won't let them get on...

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Make sure they're queuing for the right entrance hut... Which is the entrance hut on the station all the boats originate from.
  • Jappy%s's Photo

The problem has been found and fixed. Guests were queuing for station 2 of the rapids, which is no problem, same thing in Vossendal. The issue was that the dummy station was station number one, it had to be station number two for the mini coaster, they didn't correspond! Problem solved!

• Levis%s's Photo

First off all what a **** tutorial on reddit :p.

So here is some information which you might want to solve it:

Guests will always board the station which the cars originate from. If the "main ride" has 1 station and the dummy ride has more they will even board both stations from the same entrance (this can be used to make a dual station hack with 1 entrance if you do it right ;) ).
    If guests go trough the entrance building they will take the shortest way to the car they want to board. this means they can go trough everything. so you might want to consider the placement of the entrance huts, You could even raise/lower the entrance huts after the ride is opened I believe, that would still make it work. With the power of hex editing you should even be able to move the entrance or exit huts to another place to make a really nice looking station. But if you do so you also need to change it in the ride data because the location of the entrance and exit is both stored in the ride data as in the map data.

About the stats, the stats will be calculated from when the boat leaves the station untill it enters the station again. So often this is when the boat leaves the origial station and it enters the dummy station. You can trick this for example by resetting the stats by changing lift speeds or something like that and then make them leave from the dummy station instead.
    You could also use the SOB trainer to change the stats to whatever you like. In most cases when you are using a dummy station this can be done. In rct2 I notices when using a dummy station in combination with SOB often the changed stats seem to stay, so I think there is some resetting going on periodicly when the cars enter the original station, but not when entering the dummy station.

Do beware if no stats at all show there is a corruption somewhere in your stat generation and this will go on to all rides you build after this. So you need to find the first ride (in the ride array) which doesn't have it's stats calculated. Often if you give this one stats with the SOB trainer the game will recognise it has stats and calculate the stats for the other rides again.

Hope this info helps you and/or others :).

Btw if you want an example of a station like you are trying to make but where the guests also seem to walk right take a look at a park I made in the past. It's called Art of War.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading