News / RCT Survivor...It's Coming

• iris%s's Photo
    Four days from now, RCT Survivor from RCT Station will be started up again here at New Element. Go and alert everyone who may be interested, all those people left from the Station. This is a big moment for the contest in my opinion, and I think that as many people as possible should be here to witness it. I will be running it alongside Mike Robbins, and it will run the exact same way it did at RCT Station. I really won't have any say on it either, except for when it goes up from now on.
    This is Mike's show, just like it should be.

Get Ready!
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Sounds to me like this is going to work very well. Should be great.
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    Just got back into town from a month at home. I'll let iris run all of the voting rounds for now. We have also discussed in the past future Survivors so when the time comes, another will be started. All ideas are welcome.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    Yea! Thanks Iris for continuing on this despite the demise of the Station.

I can't wait.

Kai :yup:
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    If it works here, as well as it did at RctStation, it should have a good turn out
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    time to see how bad my entry was lol :'(
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Damn... RCT Survivor NE style. Think of how much harder the voting would be, since this place just builds nothing but A+ work.
  • MindBender5%s's Photo

Damn... RCT Survivor NE style. Think of how much harder the voting would be, since this place just builds nothing but A+ work.

Lol Riddler. Don't worry. I don't think many people here saw your entry for the last Survivor. Flying Squirrel, wasn't it?

Anyways, I look forward to the start of this again. From what I understand, the task was much more demanding than the one I participated in.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo

Flying Squirrel

Lol I remember getting the park and seeing that piece of shit, I thought somebody was just rippng the piss out of it.
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    LMAO. That thing sucked sooo bad. Just like OhiocoasteR's entry. Meh, I got third in Survivor V (Buzzsaw). Should have been fourth, but everyone voted off Wrangler...

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • Radu%s's Photo
    Could somebody explain what this game is, exactly, for those like me who rarely visited RCT Station?
  • Drew%s's Photo
    There are two teams, one tribe on one map, and the other tribe on the second map. The map is divided into sections for each tribe member to build the specified coaster on. When the map is done, iris puts them up for download, and about every week or whatever time limit iris puts up, the people will vote off the worst coaster on each map...

After, there will be one tribe membe from each team going up against eachother--I think...
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo

Could somebody explain what this game is, exactly, for those like me who rarely visited RCT Station?

The concept behing RCT Survivor is as follows:

-There are two tribes: Orgre and Tonto
    -Each tribe has a RCT map to build on, so that there are an equal number of participants on both sides.
    -Once the maps are complete, they are released to the public, and you are asked to vote for the coaster/area that is the worst for each map.
    -This continues for as many rounds as necessary until one participant per map remains. You then vote for the better one.
    -Thus, RCT Survivor.

I'm sure these rules will be posted in 3 days, but there ya go.

Enjoy.

Kai :et:
  • BchillerR%s's Photo
    I'm pretty sure, but for some re-ensurance, were going to be voting on the 2 maps that were just completed [like 2-3 months ago]. Anyways yay, I'm stolked, but than again I got theme screwed with my section, so I won't win. Anyways yay again.

BchillerR
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Yes, Flying Squirrel did blow. Mainly because the coaster choice fucking sucked, and the green water made it impossible for me to really think of anything to work with. So, I just played with it and put a bunch of hidden things in around my section. Don't think anyone saw them though (vote me off first, This coaster ownz j00, WEEEEEEEEEE, OMFG Best Coaster EVER, ect).
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Yeah. I saw them. Or, at least most of them.

And, the coaster choice was the worst ever. It's a fucking spiral thingy. How do you build with that?

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    The Spiral coaster was a challenge.......... If I wanted to make it easy, the coaster choice would be a steel twister every time and it would get boring.

And the voting period will be for 48 hours at a time.......... and remember, the entire voting process will remain anonymous too just like the building process. If you happen to get voted off, don't reveal which section was yours.
  • MindBender5%s's Photo
    I liked the spiral coaster. It has a compact lift hill so you can use the rest of your space to make an expansive/creative ride.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Yeah the coaster was quite hard to build but it was interesting to see what other people did with their lift hills and layouts.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    I was really proud of my entry (you only got 5 days) back then, but now, compared to pyro and the H2H stuff, its crap.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading