Ask the Experts / Making a train stand still for custom rides?

• Recurious%s's Photo

Hey, I was wondering if there is a tutorial out there somewhere which shows how to make the stationary cars for a rainbow ride? Or any ride that has uses stationary dive machine cars for that matter.

Examples of what I am talking about:

http://www.nedesigns...amed-rotoshake/

http://www.nedesigns...ated-christmas/

http://www.nedesigns...shot/4/slammer/

How is this done? I've not been able to find a tutorial for this but maybe I'm searching for the wrong terms. If there is no tutorial for this would there be anyone kind enough to explain how this is done?

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Build track ​backwards out of the station in the form/style you want the cars to look.

Set operating mode to downward launch.

Test ride.

Close ride.

Make relevant track invisible, either by lowering it or using crooked house mode if there are no diagonals.

I could have sworn that there was a guide written on this as well, but I can't seem to find it either.​

• inthemanual%s's Photo

alternatively, build a station as long as you want the train, set to boat hire, open and close the ride before it moves. 

The two methods will result in slight offsets in where the train actually rests.

• Recurious%s's Photo

Thanks guys, gonna try these!

Edit: Seems to be working, however I'm still stuck with entrance huts. Any smart way to remove this or should I just use the good old hex editing method?

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Huts can be removed via the invisibility hack, or by zero clearancing another set of huts through them, from a different ride, then deleting that second ride.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    The classic way is to lower them with the Son of Beast Trainer. That's what I still do.
  • Recurious%s's Photo

Works like a charm. Thanks for your help! (I used inthemanuals method, since many of the 8cars functions don't work properly since I'm on windows 7)

• Kumba%s's Photo

build a station as long as you want the train, set to boat hire, open and close the ride before it moves.

Better to use power launch so if you don't close it quick enough you won't risk getting an error. Also the speed in which you close it will decide if the lap bars are up or down, can be either way.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Better to use power launch so if you don't close it quick enough you won't risk getting an error. Also the speed in which you close it will decide if the lap bars are up or down, can be either way.

I always pause the game before doing it, so there's no risk of doing anything too slow.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

I like to gamble, so I don't pause the game :kumbasgreen:

• disneylandian192%s's Photo

I like using the method Kumba mentioned specifically if I want the car to be in any other position than straight. You can have a train pause in a curve, on a banked turn, whatever you please. 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading