Ask the Experts / Scenario Editor

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

When in Scenario Editor creating a park landscape, is it possible to add rides/shops in addition to the scenery

too, or do I need like the 8 cars per Trainer? 

• G Force%s's Photo

If you talking about simply adding the option to build the ride or shop to the bench then yes you can do that in the scenario editor.  However, if you want to build the ride or shop you need to be in the normal game mode. Not sure if 8cars will help with this, but ParkDat can let you add different scenery objects or rides to a in progress park.  This can also all be accomplished much easier using OpenRCT2 and the cheats/debugging mode menus.

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

G Force, do I need to go to "Options" because I did that and did not see an option to add rides/shops....am I missing something?

Is there a link you can send me that might help? Thanks a bunch for any assistance you can provide

• G Force%s's Photo

If you're using Open:

Options --> Miscellaneous --> Enable Debugging Tools

Gears button appears in the top right, and chose "object selection"

In regular RCT2, it should be pretty self explanatory with the large buttons on the bottom of the screen when using the scenario editor.

Juts play around with the options in Open, there are a lot of little things you can customize and change to fit your likings.

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

I should have mentioned I have RCT2 Triple Thrill Pack. My bad    Is there any link you can send me or no? Sorry for the mixup

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

Okay, I'm on the OpenRCT2 website but before I click "Download Installer for Windows" I just need assurance from an experienced RCT2'er that this will not cause any major issues with the game....Sorry if I seem paranoid, but I am kind of a novice with this stuff (not the game itself). I don't want to lose the scenarios I crteated.

• G Force%s's Photo

No, the files you have will not be changed.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    OpenRCT and default RCT function totally seperate, so no worries.
  • MattNE2014%s's Photo

Okay thanks guys. I'll give it a gander. Much appreciated!

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

GForce or Liampie, I have a duplicate Balloon stall (duplicate is BALLO.DAT). The correct one is BALLN. DAT

Same goes for the Pizza stall (Duplicate is PIZZA.DAT). Correct one is PIZZS.DAT.  I can't find either of these in the ObjData Folder or dat checker.  How else can I get rid of 'em? Thanks

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Not sure what you mean... How do you now their duplicated? And why does it bother you?
  • MattNE2014%s's Photo

Doesn't bother me, but I am not sure how I got an extra of each of those two stalls.  I know they are duplicated because in scenario editor in the rides/shops tab, it shows two of them. I figured which one the duplicate is with OpenRCT.  

• G Force%s's Photo
    I know there is an issue with the BALLO/BALLN DAT, I've had it myself but I'm not sure I can help you fix the problem.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I guess someone at some point created a duplicate for some reason. It's out there, so even if you delete it, it will come back whenever you open one of the parks that use this duplicate. I wouldn't bother.
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo

I think the duplicate balloon stall is a bug in OpenRCT2 (but I had assumed it was fixed by now since I haven't had this issue for a while). I first noticed it when I went to the object selection and it showed 129/128 rides. When I created that scenario I'd selected the maximum 128 rides, and the duplicate balloon stall got added when the park was loaded, despite the maxed limit. I'm not sure exactly what's going on.

• DejaVu2001%s's Photo

I've had the Balloon Stall bug way before I ever touched OpenRCT2, so I don't think there's any connection there.

• G Force%s's Photo
    The bug has been around for years and isn't connected to RCT2.
  • MattNE2014%s's Photo

As for the extra Pizza Stall....not sure how that came about either....oh well.  I appreciate your assistance with the matter

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading