Ask the Experts / Adjusting train length

• F0ndue%s's Photo

I'm having trouble changing the train length with 8cars beyond the given limits of RCT2. Tried it several times, with 1.302 and 1.32, and sometimes it even changes the amount of cars to the right amount in the vehicle tab of the ride menu, but when I try to test the ride it reverts back to the maximum set by RCT2. Can somebody help me out? 

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

Can't help with 8Cars but I have a patch for OpenRCT2 to remove the train length limits. You could try using that, but keep the number of cars (including zero cars and invisible cars) below 16 otherwise it won't be compatible with the unmodified version of the game.

• F0ndue%s's Photo

Thanks. Now, if I could get OpenRCT2 to work my problem would be solved. But for whatever reason it doesn't recognize my chosen directory when I try to set it up. :/

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

If it doesn't find your RCT2 install automatically, you can edit config.ini and specify the correct directory there.

• F0ndue%s's Photo

Thanks. At least that works now.

• GammaZero%s's Photo

With 8cars, you just have to use the 8cars per train function. I'm not entirely sure though, it's been a long time since I last used that.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading