H2H2 / Annotated Schedule

• Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    WEEK 1
    Icons(0-0) vs. Pufferfish(0-0)
    Elfwood(48) - adamrct, Mortician [LL]vs. Horstmann Labratories(51) - Posix, Midnight Aurora [LL]

Soutenours(0-0) vs. Mean Green(0-0)
    Evanescense(4) - GigaForce, Prince Ashitaka [RCT2]vs. Corozal(45) - Natelox, Themeparkmaster [LL]

WEEK 2
    Icons(0-1) vs. Blue Meanies(0-0)
    Erwindale Forest(37) - Coaster Ed, mantis [LL] vs. IsoMania(19) - Evil WME, Chauncey Gardner [RCT2]

Sea Serpents(0-0) vs. Soutenours(0-1)
    Khalma Cove(35) - RRP, NessyROS [LL] vs. Tumbleweed Frontiers(17) - OZONE, BioHazard [RCT2]

Pufferfish(1-0) vs. Mean Green(1-0)
    Purple Pill Heights(46) - ToonTowner, The Judge [RCT2] vs. Mishashta Heights(6) - Metal, Generation X [RCT2]

WEEK 3
    Blue Meanies(0-1) vs. Soutenours(0-2)
    NO VOTE Forfeit vs. Valley of the Kings - x-sector, GigaForce [LL]

WEEK 4
    Pufferfish(2-0) vs. Blue Meanies(0-2)
    NO VOTE Lost Worlds - Nitrophobia [RCT2] vs. Forfeit

Sea Serpents(1-0) vs. Soutenours(1-2)
    Falcon's Ridge(34) - roomraider, Twisted [LL] vs. Village of the Peasants(10) - RCTFlame, shortdude [RCT2]

Icons(1-1) vs. Mean Green(1-1)
    El Dorado(29) - PyroPenguin, Foltzenator [RCT2] vs. Maui Xtreme Resort(23) - Fatha' Grinch, Themeparkmaster [LL]

WEEK 5
    Icons(2-1) vs. Pufferfish(3-0)
    Villa de Lumieres(35) - Corkscrewed, Foozy [RCT2] vs. Anuradhapura(28) - Posix, Creator [LL]

Mean Green(1-2) vs. Sea Serpents(2-0)
    NO VOTE Forfeit vs. Achilles' Hill - SBoardeR, JiMeMo [RCT2]

WEEK 6
    Mean Green(1-3) vs. Soutenours(1-3)
    Adventura Espana(22) - Sanctuary, Generation X [RCT2] vs. Og's Paradise(29) - OZONE [LL]

Blue Meanies(0-3) vs. Sea Serpents(3-0)
    Crystal Waters(11) - Roberto Roboparks, TXCoasterGuy1 [LL] vs. Clock Tower(39) - Raven-SDI [RCT2]

WEEK 7
    Icons(3-1) vs. Blue Meanies(0-4)
    Celestial Adventures(33) - stargazer, Foltzenator [LL] vs. Othello(34) - Micool, Kai [RCT2]

Pufferfish(3-1) vs. Soutenours(2-3)
    Maude Flanders' Praiseland(36) - aero21, ToonTowner [RCT2] vs. Legend of Leviathan(29) - OZONE, Prince Ashitaka [LL]

WEEK 8
    Icons(3-2) vs. Soutenours(2-4)
    Battlefield RCT(44) - Coaster Ed, adamrct [LL] vs. You've Come a Log Way, Baby(6) - X-Sector, Harakiri [LL]

Pufferfish(4-1) vs. Blue Meanies(1-4)
    Ginnungagapet(19) - Midnight Aurora [LL] vs. Psychedelica(35) - kiddo and Thorpedo2589 [LL]

Mean Green(1-4) vs. Sea Serpents(4-0)
    NO VOTE Mississippi Delta - Butterfinger, DragonInferno [RCT2] vs. Forfeit

WEEK 9
    Pufferfish(4-2) vs. Sea Serpents(4-1)
    NO VOTE Enchanted Point - Nitrophobia, Hyper Helix [RCT2] vs. Forfeit

WEEK 10
    Icons(4-2) vs. Sea Serpents(4-2)
    Livewires(39) - Mortician [LL] vs. Indiana Ridge(11) - RRP, Roomraider [LL]

Blue Meanies(2-4) vs. Mean Green(2-4)
    White America(31) - Micool [LL] vs. Rushville(10) - Drew [LL]

PLAYOFFS ROUND 1:
    Icons(5-2) vs. Pufferfish(5-2)
    The Myttica Resort(44) - Corkscrewed [RCT2] vs. Spirits Bay(25) - Toon Towner, Posix [LL]

Mean Green(2-5) vs. Sea Serpents(4-3)
    NO VOTE [b]Sicily - Fatha' Grinch, Natelox [LL] vs. Forfeit

FINALS ROUND 1:
    Icons vs. Mean Green
    Atomkraftwerk - [LL] vs. Miami 2040 - [LL]

FINALS ROUND 2:
    Icons vs. Mean Green
    ?

FINALS ROUND 3:
    Icons vs. Mean Green
    ?
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Wow, my park actually got one of the higher turnouts in H2H2. Cool!
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Mine was yummy number 1, that was such a good round.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Thought this was worth noting:

In the 8 matchups where an RCT2 park has gone against a LL park, LL has won 5 and RCT2 has won 3. Furthermore, of the three RCT2 victories 2 of them came by only 6 and 7 votes. Four out of five LL victories on the other hand, came by considerable margins. If this says anything significant at all I think it's that RCT2 is harder to do well. Looking even deeper there have only been one matchup each of RCT2 vs. RCT2 and LL vs. LL (an interesting fact itself) and the RCT2 match was the most lopsided matchup of the contest while the LL one was the closest. I think this furthers the idea that RCT2 is hard to do well and it's just horrible when it's done poorly.

Ignoring the 3 forfeit matchups, there were 8 LL vs. RCT2, 1 LL vs. LL, and 1 RCT vs. RCT2. That means the number of LL and RCT2 minis released are the same. Adding the forfeit weeks, you get 12 RCT2 parks and 11 LL parks. It's pretty amazing that the community would be split so evenly between the two different games.

It gets even better. The team distributions are similarly symmetrical. Icons: LL, LL, RCT2, RCT2. Pufferfish: LL, RCT2, RCT2, LL. Blue Meanies: LL, RCT2. Soutenours: LL, RCT2, LL, RCT2, RCT2. Sea Serpents: LL, LL, RCT2, RCT2. Mean Green: LL, RCT2, LL, RCT2. The bold indicates wins.

Upon closer inspection, that RCT2 vs. RCT2 was technically the second most lopsided matchup but it's a difference of only 3 votes and that could be attributed to more team members voting so it's pretty arbitrary really and doesn't affect anything

and more useless trivia...

Percentage vote averages:
    Sea Serpents - 74% (67%, 77%, 78%) Not surprising considering they are undefeated.
    Pufferfish - 61% (52%, 88%, 44%) Worst loss was only 44% and one big win.
    Icons - 57% (48%, 66%, 56%, 56%) Worst loss was only 48% but no big wins.
    Mean Green - 48% (92%, 12%, 44%, 43%) Bad loss and big win cancel out.
    Soutenours - 30% (8%, 33%, 23%, 57%) Three bad losses, one close win.
    Blue Meanies - 28% (34%, 22%) Only two actual matchups and they were bad.

Records:
    Sea Serpents (4-0) Undefeated with three easy wins and a win by default making them easily first place.
    Soutenours (2-3) The three losses were all big, but they picked up a default win and a close win placing them above the Mean Green.
    Mean Green (1-4) A huge win followed by a huge loss and two tough close losses leaves them one forfeit below the Soutenours.

Icons (3-1) The closest loss of the season, two very close wins, and a decent 2/3 majority place them quietly in first place.
    Pufferfish (3-1) A very close win, a blowout win, and a win by default jumped them quickly up to 3-0 but a close loss to the Icons has them barely in second.
    Blue Meanies (0-4) Two forfeits and two big losses means their season is all but over. A win in the last 3 weeks would gain them some credibility.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    Nice analysis Ed...

I know I don't have time for researching it that deeply, but I am intrigued all the same. This must be the part of me that likes all of those crazy baseball statistics.

Good job!

Kai :huey:
  • Micool%s's Photo
    I have a question.

Can this be like the NBA, where everyone makes the playoffs? :D

I think if we were in the playoffs some more of our team might actually TRY.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo

I have a question.

Can this be like the NBA, where everyone makes the playoffs? :D

I think if we were in the playoffs some more of our team might actually TRY.

If this were the NBA playoffs, our squad would be like the Wizards. Some talent, some old guys, some that could care less, and a coach that well, can only do so much.

Here's to the MEANies.

• Micool%s's Photo

If this were the NBA playoffs, our squad would be like the Wizards.  Some talent, some old guys, some that could care less, and a coach that well, can only do so much.

And that makes me like Jordan.

Amazing when I want to be, but so fed up with my team that I don't really try that hard. ;)

EDIT: It's been 6 days...where's the next round?
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    Now that Round 7 is half over, the MEANies have a win (finally), and there are only a few weeks left in the season, I had a question for ye.

Two questions really....here goes:

Which real matchup was the most intriguing?

Personally I think the Week 1 matchup was the most interesting. The season was fresh, and only three votes separated the competitors. Nearly 100 votes in total... Quite fun.

Which fictious matchup would you propose of the released parks? Specifically, which 2 parks that didn't face-off against each other would you propose that would be intriguing?

For this, I would see what the public thinks of Erwindale Forest and Purple Pill Heights squaring off. Perhaps the best LL vs RCT2 matchup in H2H2 history...

Your thoughts?

• Ablaze%s's Photo

Personally I think the Week 1 matchup was the most interesting. The season was fresh, and only three votes separated the competitors. Nearly 100 votes in total... Quite fun.

Of course it was, me and adam were involved. ;)
  • iris%s's Photo
    Please don't think I'm saying this because they're both my teams' parks...
    But I think City of Lights vs. Erwindale would be the coolest match-up.
    PPH & City of Lights are very close though.
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    LL VS LL - ERWINDALE VS MAUI

RCT - CITY OF LIGHTS VS PPH

LL VS RCT2 - ERWINDALE VS CITY OF LIGHTS

BEST MATCH UP - FIRST WEEK
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

Of course it was, me and adam were involved.  ;)

But you still lost... ;)
  • Ablaze%s's Photo

But you still lost...

I knew it had to come from our opponents.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    The week 1 matchup was incredible. 99 votes total, it's just amazing for anything to get that big of a response. Too bad it didn't stay that way.

Erwindale Forest against IsoMania was fun because of all the arguing. And the last one between the meanies and the icons was the closest round so far. One vote. 8@

Anyway, Erwindale vs. anything else might be fun but I just have a feeling Erwindale would lose to Purple Pill Heights or Khalma Cove or Valley of the Kings or Og's Paradise or Villa de Lumieres or Maui Xtreme even Anuradhapura. All of those parks are prettier and cleaner looking.

I would match up Valley of the Kings and Anuradhapura for LL because they have similar styles, Purple Pill Heights and Villa de Lumieres for RCT2 because of the detailed architecture, and for LL vs RCT2 I think PPH would crush any of the LL parks.

PS: The Blue Meanies now have the same record as the Mean Green. Those are also the only two temas to forfeit matches.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    To pass the time, here's a breakdown of the parks by team.
    Bold indicates final standings.

SEA SERPENTS (4-2):
    W-Khalma Cove - RRP, NessyROS [LL]
    W-Falcon's Ridge - roomraider, Twisted [LL]
    W-Achilles' Hill - SBoardeR, JiMeMo [RCT2]
    W-Clock Tower - Raven-SDI [RCT2]

SOUTENOURS (2-5):
    L-Evanescense - GigaForce, Prince Ashitaka [RCT2]
    L-Tumbleweed Frontiers - OZONE, BioHazard [RCT2]
    W-Valley of the Kings - x-sector, GigaForce [LL]
    L-Village of the Peasants - RCTFlame, shortdude [RCT2]
    W-Og's Paradise - OZONE [LL]
    L-Legend of Leviathan - OZONE, Prince Ashitaka [LL]
    L-You've Come a Log Way, Baby - X-Sector, Harakiri [LL]

MEAN GREEN (2-4):
    W-Corozal - Natelox, Themeparkmaster [LL]
    L-Mishashta Heights - Metal, Generation X [RCT2]
    L-Maui Xtreme Resort - Fatha' Grinch, Themeparkmaster [LL]
    L-Adventura Espana - Sanctuary, Generation X [RCT2]
    W-Mississippi Delta - Butterfinger, DragonInferno [RCT2]

--------------------------------------------------

PUFFERFISH (5-2):
    W-Horstmann Labratories - Posix, Midnight Aurora [LL]
    W-Purple Pill Heights - ToonTowner, The Judge [RCT2]
    W-Lost Worlds - Nitrophobia [RCT2]
    L-Anuradhapura - Posix, Creator [LL]
    W-Maude Flanders' Praiseland -aero21, ToonTowner [RCT2]
    L-Ginnungagapet - Midnight Aurora [LL]
    W-Enchanted Point - Nitrophobia, Hyper Helix [RCT2]

ICONS (4-2):
    L-Elfwood - adamrct, Mortician [LL]
    W-Erwindale Forest - Coaster Ed, mantis [LL]
    W-El Dorado - PyroPenguin, Foltzenator [RCT2]
    W-Villa de Lumieres - Corkscrewed, Foozy [RCT2]
    L-Celestial Adventures - stargazer, Foltzenator [LL]
    W-Battlefield RCT - Coaster Ed, adamrct [LL]

BLUE MEANIES (2-4):
    L-IsoMania - Evil WME, Chauncey Gardner [RCT2]
    L-Crystal Waters - Roberto Roboparks, TXCoasterGuy1 [LL]
    W-Othello - Micool, Kai [RCT2]
    W-Psychedelica - kiddo, Thorpedo2589 [LL]
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    For those of you keeping track (cause I can't be the only one right? B) ), this latest surge of LL parks has brought the ratio of LL parks and RCT2 parks to 17 - 14. With 8 parks left that means the final ratio can't be a tie (unless there's another forfeit :( )so which one do you think will come out on top? RCT2 or LL? Place your bets everybody.

PS - The annotated schedule and team park lists have been updated.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Since you have put up the last three posts in this thread Ed, which, incedentally, were very interesting reads, I would just like to say this:

Thank you for making the best two miniparks ever and submitting them to this contest. This is why I love RCT so much, I just know it. After you guys released the first I really realized how good you were, and with Battlefield RCT there is no doubt in my mind you are a legend. I think you will forever be my favorite parkmaker.

Tears of Joy. :'(
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Thanks a lot Micool. I really appreciate the compliment. Congratulations to you for helping the Blue Meanies score their first win. :D

These are the final matchups:

Mean Green(1-4) vs. Sea Serpents(4-0) - -> Mean Green win by forfeit
    Pufferfish(4-2) vs. Sea Serpents(4-1) - -> Pufferfish win by Forfeit 8@
    Icons(4-2) vs. Sea Serpents(4-2)
    Blue Meanies(2-4) vs. Mean Green(2-4)

The Sea Serpents (which still have 3 matches to go), Pufferfish, and Icons have already locked playoff spots. The Blue Meanies are out and the Soutenours have already had 7 matchups so that leaves the Mean Green as the only team still fighting for a playoff spot. If they win one match they'll be tied with the Soutenours (since the two teams are 1-1 against each other). If they win both they're in, and if they lose both they're out. No pressure guys. Can the Sea Serpents finish the season undefeated? Will the Blue Meanies end the season with 3 wins in a row? Who will claim top bragging rights between the Icons and Pufferfish? There's still plenty of excitement left.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo

Icons have already locked playoff spots

Wahoo, but people are still doing our last park.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading