RCT Discussion / I stop to read your posts

• posix%s's Photo
    When you read RCT discussion in this forum or release threads, on whose posts will you usually stop and read? Whose opinion interests you?

For me it is...

geewhzz
    If he ever posts. Sometimes feels as though he has a very one-sided view on RCT, the deep deep swamp of RCT recreationist hyper-realism, but he's easily one of the most honest and unpretentious guys I've met on this site, despite running the whole thing essentially. And even if we're nowhere near as much in touch as we used to (we still are though), I feel we have a bond that will never go, and I love that.

Liam
    So devoted and passionate about NE. Researches RCT styles and eras, always quick and energetic, approachable, fair, thoughtful, caring. He's like a sponge who's taken up a ton of RCT online community culture, also from Dutch sites before NE. The amount of input he juggles is astonishing. I love the references he's able to make from it when he comments and criticises. Whatever happens, he will contribute and give.

G Force
    Obviously intensely into the scene. Sharp, serious towards the game, stern, interested, analytical, motivated, forward-pushing. I like him. The negativity in his videos is insufferable though. No idea where he takes it from. Sometimes makes his posts unnecessarily harsh.

Robbie
    He and Avanine battle it out for best English. Robbie just wins it for me. True joy to read his posts, just they've sadly become a bit rare. Very humble and polite guy despite being the powerhorse of the site for years, always well-meaning, broadly interested in RCT styles, has an easy time to find things he likes in others' works, all while being totally genuine. He also never half-asses things, which I really love. His posts, screens and releases are high quality. So I'm always looking at what he does because I enjoy it.

AvanineCommuter
    Love reading his posts, if they're not too long again. Smart thoughts, beautiful sensitivity. Is able to deduct and break down issues with great finesse and logically isolates interesting details. His head is working well. Fantastic English, too, as said - very inspiring use of language. Reveals people's hypocrisies and faux-pas because he's mentally ahead of them. Important balance to the community life.

pierrot
    When he posts. Very on top of things, immensely knowledgeable despite seemingly never having taking part in the community too much. Just shows how much he's still connected with it. Also appreciate how strict and objective he is. He's immune to hype and fluff, and balances out the panel with low votes. Even if his criticism can be fierce and ruthless, he's never wrong.

Shotguns 
    Beginning to appreciate his posts as of late. Has had his period of finding himself in the community, maybe still does. Seems to have good and bad days. Is now proving to be rather attentive, sensitive and thoughtful. Appears to be quite well reflected, even if it doesn't always bear the fruits you'd expect. Has an ability to read between the lines, and his input to discussions is sometimes surprisingly deep and meaningful. If he shares it. Love his sense of humour. The alternative awards were fantastic NE satire.

Ling
    Seems more inspired again, I guess because of reddit. Never found myself connecting with his posts, until now, where he seems more reflected and interested. Perhaps reddit has helped him see NE a bit from the outside. I've found myself think his input was quite valuable a few times recently.

][ntamin22
    In a way carries Coaster Ed's RCT philosopher torch now for me. Deep thinker, sometimes to the point where I find he over-analyses. Still motivates healthy discourse with the community and its output. Love how he focuses on the game and not so much the social entanglements.

alex
    Almost like someone who's been around the community for ages, despite being quite new. Knows a lot, and does his own thing with it. Very positive input. I'm mostly interested in how his incredible creativity of his own parkmaking will translate into the role he plays in discussions.

BelgianGuy
    Obviously had ups and downs with him, but at the end of the day I just appreciate his devotion, passion and obvious immense talent. He still thinks about the community a lot, which is nice. He cares and is proactive. Suggests contests, tries to get discussion going. I used to see it as passive aggressive admin poking, today I appreciate it.

People who's posts I miss:

MidnightAurora
    Full of wit, big picture, humour. I'm glad to have spent so many years with him when NE started.

Louis!
    He's around, sure, kind of, but lately his posts have been too much goofing about the internet-social ties he has with some members. I want your thoughts on RCT.

SSSammy
    Always made me laugh. He was great.

Phatage
    So knowledgeable. Always added a lot of fuel to both the game competition, and the level of discussion.
  • Version1%s's Photo

I usually read all the posts, because that's how a community works :o

• inthemanual%s's Photo

I usually read all the posts, because that's how a community works :o

Not everyone has the time available to do that. Those that don't are very likely to narrow the content they absorb to things that specifically interest them, in posix case, that's typical of posts by certain authors.
  • Milo%s's Photo

My posts are the bee's knees

• csw%s's Photo

I always pay attention to ][22's and nin's posts. I have a lot for respect for those two.

Also inthemanual, my first RCT buddy <3

• robbie92%s's Photo

Thank you for this, Posix. It means an incredible amount to me that my posts are worthwhile reads, and reminds me why I really enjoy the community in the first place. I've definitely seen myself drifting lately, though between this and starting to work on new RCT work, I'm definitely feeling a draw back to the site, the community, and the game.

Your posts are definitely ones I like to read. They're always very analytical and critical, but well thought through and thorough arguments. I know we don't always see eye-to-eye on the game's philosophy, you being the eternal champion of Macro while I embrace the micro, but I can always respect your opinions and thoughts as they're always articulated so well and come from a well-meaning and well-rounded place.

• Scoop%s's Photo

I don't think I read a particular member's posts but I mostly read what interests me (i.e. New screens, parks, park progress, and things like that).

• Austin55%s's Photo

Posix you are and have always been the best.

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

Thanks for the kind words Posix, I appreciate your thoughts just as much!

I haven't been producing any work since the last H2H because of schoolwork but I'm always still poking around these forums because I don't think I can ever detach myself from this community. It's great to see new up and coming talents and that this community is still as strong as ever. Glad you and other older players are still around to contribute as well.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

thanks fam, and really accurate. i go one day from absolutely loathing everyhting and telling myself (and by extension lou and rob) that im gonna quit NE entirely, to loving it. I dont build much because Im not inspired to build but I love to look at others' stuff.

In general I love rob/lou/avanine's posts as well as from the pac/g force/nin/gee/etc, even though a lot of the time they are incredibly one-sided.

• nin%s's Photo
    Thanks, csw. Means a lot. I still laugh at your dolphin avatar.

For comedic relief Pierrot is unintentionally hilarious. I've laughed way too much at his stuff.

Posix and ][22 have great thoughts towards the game and I really like reading both. Posix has influenced me quite a bit.
    Thanks, csw. Means a lot. I still laugh at your dolphin avatar.

For comedic relief Pierrot is unintentionally hilarious. I've laughed way too much at his stuff.

Posix and ][22 have great thoughts towards the game and I really like reading both. Posix has influenced me quite a bit.

Completely agree about Pierrot. Unintentionally hilarious posts, though I feel kind of bad laughing sometimes. :P

Also I appreciate Robbie's pop sensibilities. Unexpectedly delightful...

Plus a special mention to Milo - I miss his posts. He always has interesting things to say. 

• Steve%s's Photo
    Man I've been on this site for thirteen years and none of you dickwads even read my posts? Why am I even here; I thought we were friends, posix (and nin and everyone else who apparently neglects my existence).

Wait who's steve? 

• robbie92%s's Photo

Did someone hear something?

• Steve%s's Photo
    I hate every single one of you nerds.
  • nin%s's Photo
    The man. The myth. Who's that?
  • Milo%s's Photo

Who's Steve the Pirate?

• Whitehawk%s's Photo

who the fuck is whitehawk