NE Olympics '16 / NE Olympics General Thread

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

How do you sign up for this? Do you have to be part of a country to enter? Is it too late to join now?

- announce you're planning to participate

- no; you can enter independently of any team (though you won't win any points), create your own team of 3-6 players, or join somebody else's team (ask them if they have openings or shout in the thread here about how great you are and just wait for people to message you) 

- not too late

• Liampie%s's Photo
    The Olympic Committee - the contest staff - will form countries of anyone signed up not already on a country. So just type "I'm in" and you'll show up on the list in the first post. We'll make sure you end up on a country, although feel free to arrange something yourself.
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo

I'd quite like to participate, though I am pretty awful compared to everyone else here so I don't expect to do well.

• Liampie%s's Photo

I'd quite like to participate, though I am pretty awful compared to everyone else here so I don't expect to do well.

Some of the stuff you've shown is pretty damn good... The RMC, the Portals trick at Reddit... Especially the latter is the kind of thing you can score with in NE contests.
  • alex%s's Photo

And let's not forget your custom trains were used many times in h2h.

• Fisch%s's Photo

Participate man!!!! :) Don't worry.

(also check out the beautiful avatar I have : )

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Yes I think your innovative coding and new objects / technical abilities can compliment a team very well! Just imagine what new levels of RCT can be accomplished with you on a team of creative park makers...
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

Let's all ditch our current team and form an all hackers team. Geewhzz, Levis, Me, CP6, X7123M3, and Otsdarva.

also @X7123M3, i just noticed your name is XTREME...

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Come to think of it, I may want to build in one or two of the categories. Not sure if I will finish anything, though. Guess I'm in then too, although I may be dropped so I wouldn't mind staying independent either. Gone from July 21st till the end of the contest too.

• GammaZero%s's Photo

also @X7123M3, i just noticed your name is XTREME...

OH WOW
  • Sulakke%s's Photo

Where does the 256 stand for then?

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    Nothing, I just like powers of 2. I think I used 128 instead once.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    What a programmer
  • trav%s's Photo
    So are we due more details today?
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Yes! Definitely. Probably late tonight for us Europeans.
  • Fisch%s's Photo

We'll hold a public viewing event over here in Parkmenistan for today's announcements. :)

• Faas%s's Photo
    Us Parkmen like public viewing events.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    You filthy voyeurs...
  • RCTER2%s's Photo
    People's Democratic Republic of the Chillippines 
    Southern Chillippines
    Is that Korea? lol
  • Scoop%s's Photo

lets go #olympics_hype !!!

Tags

• No Tags