NE Olympics '16 / NE Olympics Rules & Regulations

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Yes! You can join forces on one super entry or take a shotgun approach.
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo

If a particular round does not allow the object selection to be changed, can we still set the track type to one that none of the provided objects use? So if no B&M trains were provided, could we still put another train type on B&M track?

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Nope. The trains are part of the compulsory object selection.
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo

OK. What about track pieces? Like, if the hypercoaster trains were available but not the corkscrew, could we enable inversions on Arrow track, or is the object selection intended to be a limit on track pieces as well?

• Liampie%s's Photo
    The available track types are also determined using the object selection. Although the arrow hyper coaster and corkscrew coaster share the same track type, according to 8cars, so if one of those is on the bench that means you can use all elements that track type contains, regardless of the coaster that actually uses those elements natively is selected.
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo

So we can only switch the track type if there is an object selected that is set to use that track by default, but we can enable track elements even if no available object allows them. OK. I will look to see if any of the available objects are set to use the track I wanted, and if not I'll have to think of something else.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I'm sorry this is so confusing. The logic is based on parkdat and 8cars's story on how the game works, and I can see that there is a new story emerging now with OpenRCT and all the things you and others have been figuring out about the game.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

The available track types are also determined using the object selection. Although the arrow hyper coaster and corkscrew coaster share the same track type, according to 8cars, so if one of those is on the bench that means you can use all elements that track type contains, regardless of the coaster that actually uses those elements natively is selected.

I don't think that's true. I remember having converted track to unavailable track types using 8cars. I can test at some point to verify.
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo

Track pieces are part of the base graphics and are always loaded; you do not need to have any objects selected to be able to set a given track style - that's why we can't have custom ones. My question was whether doing that is allowed in this contest. It seems that the restriction on allowed objects was intended to also be a restriction on available track styles, though that limitation isn't imposed by the game itself - that's why I asked.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading