NE Olympics '16 / July 14th: Biathlon

Which Country had the strongest Biathlon Entry?

1. Kingdom of Ni 1 vote [3.70%]
    • Jaguar
    Percentage of vote: 3.70%
  2. People's Democratic Republic of the Chillippines 1 vote [3.70%]
    • CHE
  3. Aesthetica 0 votes [0.00%]
    Percentage of vote: 0.00%
  4. Parkmenistan 21 votes [77.78%]
    • G Force
    • Kumba
    • Iron Rattler
    • Liampie
    • chorkiel
    • Chrixz
    • Sulakke
    • RCT2day
    • olddtfan51
    • Fisch
    • GammaZero
    • Faas
    • trav
    • bigshootergill
    • Maverix
    • Jappy
    • Lilith
    • Louis!
    • Mr. Coaster
    • Cocoa
    • rafatleta.br
    Percentage of vote: 77.78%
  5. ][topia 4 votes [14.81%]
    • RWE
    • Bubbsy41
    • misterthom
    • Scoop
    Percentage of vote: 14.81%
  6. Coaster Rica 0 votes [0.00%]

Which Country had the second strongest Biathlon Entry?

1. Kingdom of Ni 1 vote [3.70%]
    • Kumba
  2. People's Democratic Republic of the Chillippines 15 votes [55.56%]
    • G Force
    • Jaguar
    • RWE
    • Chrixz
    • Sulakke
    • olddtfan51
    • Fisch
    • GammaZero
    • Faas
    • Maverix
    • Lilith
    • Louis!
    • Mr. Coaster
    • Cocoa
    • rafatleta.br
    Percentage of vote: 55.56%
  3. Aesthetica 0 votes [0.00%]
  4. Parkmenistan 2 votes [7.41%]
    • Bubbsy41
    • Scoop
    Percentage of vote: 7.41%
  5. ][topia 8 votes [29.63%]
    • Iron Rattler
    • Liampie
    • CHE
    • RCT2day
    • misterthom
    • trav
    • bigshootergill
    • Jappy
    Percentage of vote: 29.63%
  6. Coaster Rica 1 vote [3.70%]
    • chorkiel
  • Sulakke%s's Photo

This B&M 8 cars discussions shows up every contest at least once. From a coaster fanatic like you Fred, I would have expected that you were aware of 9 cars being blasphemy. :p

• CHE%s's Photo

I liked both your 9 cars inverts best this round.

• FredD%s's Photo

This B&M 8 cars discussions shows up every contest at least once. From a coaster fanatic like you Fred, I would have expected that you were aware of 9 cars being blasphemy. :p

I think maximum capacity, I hate long queue's when visiting theme parks :p 

• csw%s's Photo

All this discussion on train lengths made me realize I've been doing it wrong the whole time!! So I went back to my old Tourmaline project and fixed it up.

yP7fGwW.jpg

a39CVNu.jpg

180 cars is about right, yes? Seems reasonable. 

• Jappy%s's Photo

I love this site and all its weird members.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I don't think that's unrealistic csw, just undesirable. For mostly financial reasons.
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo

How is this not unrealistic?

• The station probably doesn't accomodate 180 cars. You could load it like a ferris wheel, but once you have enough cars over the lift they're going to start pulling the others up the lift - you'd need some brakes to keep them in place while the remaining cars load.
    • The structure probably isn't designed to bear the weight of 180 cars
    • Having cars this long completely changes the physics. If you trace the path the C of G follows, it's a moving average of the track. But if you have cars so long that they span multiple elements, that no longer resembles the actual track at all. What look like low and high points probably aren't, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were excessive forces somewhere. When I was messing with this cheat I built a coaster whose highest point was about 4 times the maximum lift hill height.
  • Scoop%s's Photo

I think it could be realistic in Asia. Why else would they have all of those catwalks. :p

• csw%s's Photo
    I don't think that's unrealistic csw

Haha.......what?

• Cocoa%s's Photo

curse of diaz island:

overall a nice entry, with some good, clean/detailed work. not a whole lot to hold my interest but its still good, even though some parts reek way too much of classic kumba work (diversify man :p ).

herne the hunter:

really loved this entry. the layout was fantastic, up there with best nemesis-esque ones I've ever seen. the mansion was also incredible, so well done. great vibes, good foliage/surroundings, altogether a really cool entry.

royal fair:

whats on the map is actually really good. Its a shame its unfinished and filled with bushes, because the finished bits like the palace and the schwartzkopf are really well done.

last days:

obviously really amazing work. Loved the layout, the atmosphere, the archy, etc. very vibrant and fun, and it all felt really well organized and placed. the structures esp. with trackitecture were definitely the standout parts of the this work, and I'm very excited to see alex getting into rct2 this competition. another fantastic park from you guys!

batman:

also really nice work. one of the better batman clones I've seen done, I think you've done the themeing quite well (reminds me a lot of sf st louis), although I'd still love to see a gotham thats more new york-y. solid work all around, although it strikes me as a bit more plain/boring in a round with some pretty creative and vibrant work. probably would be a close third place for me- good rct'ing, just maybe needed a dash of something more interesting.

adventureworld:

for some reason the park just felt very dark and drab to me, maybe it was all the grey and mud-grass (not a great combo for a lively atmosphere). there were a few good bits here and there but mostly it felt quite bare and rushed.

• Recurious%s's Photo
    Not to be "that guy" but shouldn't the voting be closed? It's been three days and more importantly, we are slowly starting to lose points :p
  • Scoop%s's Photo

Not to be "that guy" but shouldn't the voting be closed? It's been three days and more importantly, we are slowly starting to lose points :p
    I don't know why your suprised. The voting hasn't closed correctly once this whole contest if I'm thinking right. 
  • Louis!%s's Photo

It sure hasn't! We're trying to keep up with our useless image.

In all seriousness, I'm away from home at the minute, but will sort it all out tomorrow if Tim/Posix isn't able to.

• Recurious%s's Photo

I don't know why your suprised. The voting hasn't closed correctly once this whole contest if I'm thinking right.

Oh I'm not surprised, just reminding the mods ;)
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I was going to do it tonight but my free hour got sucked up by something else unexpectedly. Literally. I was vacuum cleaning and accidentally sucked up an ear piercing whose owner was going to collect it an hour later. Spend a good portion of that hour trying to retrieve the piercing and erase all evidence of this vacuum cleaner incident happening.

I'm truly sorry I chose the piercing adventure over the Biathlon results. It was the right thing and I don't regret it; the feeling when I finally found this tiny golden pin among all the dirt and dust was orgasmic. But I truly wish it would've been the Biathlon instead.
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo

^ You can't make this stuff up! :p

• Faas%s's Photo
    I can confirm this is what happened.
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo

You must be so pleased to have your golden pin back Faas 8)

• Faas%s's Photo
    Haha yes I'm delighted.
  • Scoop%s's Photo

no free time tonight?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading