Ask the Experts / Proposal: Custom Flatrides Tutorial Thread

• F0ndue%s's Photo

I'm currently working on my first big project, and I'd like to include some custom flatrides as well, however there are not a lot of tutorials out there to create these rides. Since it would be nice to have these tutorials all at one place I'd like to propose a thread that would collect tutorials for custom rides, common or uncommon. Things such as drop towers like this one by Coaster Bill: 

Attached File  2054.png (334.35KB)
    downloads: 28

Or custom swinging ships (probably one of the most important tutorial), and even unfunctional rides (big top spins and S&S Sky Swats). 

I'm pretty sure this could be very useful for the future, especially for new players. 

• Coasterbill%s's Photo
    When I made that it was just a coaster with reverse incline launch shuttle mode activated that dove underground and turned. I was going to use roofs to hide the fact that it didn't stop in the station and hide the queue portion that went underground to take advantage of the isometric view.

Luckily Otssarva made it better by shoe stringing it.

Still though most custom flats are simple, it's usually more about using objects in creative ways than doing any overly complex hacking. There are some exceptions of course (like shoe stringing) but it's really more about creativity than skill.
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo

I like the idea of such a thread, I made a total mess of the custom flats in my last park. I wish the game supported decently sized actual flat rides.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading