RCT Discussion / Dual station layout

• F0ndue%s's Photo

Attached Image: SCR132.jpg

I want to build a dual station (at this point I think I'm going with a non functional one since I cannot figure out how to do working dual stations), but I'm not quite sure how I should do the layout so that the whole thing ends up in a presentable way. From what I know of Storm Runner the entrance platform is loacted between the two tracks, but is that the most common layout, or do most dual stations use the middle platform for unloading? 

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

Generally speaking the unload side is the inside but this isn't always the case (as you said... it's not with Storm Runner). You can do it either way.

• RCT2day%s's Photo

Worse case scenario, you could run only one side of the station like we (the Hurricanes) did for California Screamin. 

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

Or run one side of the station and name the park "Six Flags... whatever".

Then you're just using one side of the loading station for realism purposes.

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

I don't know about you guys, but the way we did it back in the days was we made one side of the station, then copied the entire track except this time the station was on the other side and overlayed it on the existing track then timed the train dispatch so they wouldn't overlap, ta-da, you have the illusion of a working double station now.

• F0ndue%s's Photo

Nah, I'm going with one functional station, the other one's going to be purely cosmetic.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading