General Chat / Decide My Next CD

• Pym Guy%s's Photo
    do it do it do it
  • Mooch%s's Photo
    St. Anger from Metallica. June 10th it comes out, June 9th in some parts of Europe.
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo
    Buy Saint Anger.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Metallica hasn't been worth a shit in a decade. Quiet, you people.

Buy, um, Deftones' self-titled one. I don't have it yet, I'm only guessing it's good. And it's 10 bucks at Best Buy.
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo

I've heard that they've changed.
    You ass.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

I've heard that they've changed.
    You ass.

I'm sure they have...
  • Prince%s's Photo
    What it is to Burn by Finch.

~Prince Ashitaka~ 8@
  • Vert45%s's Photo
    adam sandler...

they are all going to laugh at you

or

Stain and jane's kid
  • Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo
    Just One More- Mad Caddies
  • Vert%s's Photo
    If you gonna buy a Deftone album, make it worth it and by Around the Fur. If you wanna go down the road of Korn, you're better of buying Cypress Hill's Skull & Bones album.

But in seeing your taste, then I'm not asking but telling you to check out Chick Corea & Return to Forever but for a current album to buy, check out Reality Check by Tribal Tech.

Go listen to these two songs and tell me what you're diggin:

Tribal Tech- Premonition and Nite Club
    ---------------------FLIPSIDE-------------------->
    For my style however, I'd recommend Anastacia-Not That Kind or Electric Circus by Common
  • Andrew%s's Photo
    Rock Spectacle- BareNaked Ladies
  • Tony%s's Photo
    -Something Corporate - Leaving Through The Windown
    A New Found Glory - Sticks & Stones
    - not the Madonna album (it's bad)
    -Dancemania stuff!
  • Brent%s's Photo

What it is to Burn by Finch.

~Prince Ashitaka~ 8@

YES! Listen to the Prince!
  • Stargazer%s's Photo
    Weather Report - Heavy Weather

*Stargazer*
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Odelay by Beck.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    "Machinery" - No Return

Good luck finding it if you choose it.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Jaga Jazzist - Livingroom Hush, or the Stix. Either way, neither will be released in North America until the 17th of June. But you can get Livingroom Hush as an import, you cannot however get Stix as one, yet. If that's a problem for you... I don't actually know where you live afterall.

So, make up your mind. I've only purchased the first one though, but I've heard samples from the second. It seems like a better record, yet, as I've said, haven't heard anything but samples. Um, yeah...

Basically, Jaga Jazzist is where it is at right now. This is were 'Electronica' is heading, imo (Trip-Hop and Drum N' Bass are fads of yesterday, IDM is all but officially dead, etc).

So get it, dummy! Now, right fucking now! Everyone else is stupid.

PS: My new signature quote is one way a critic tried to describe them, if that appeals to you. If you have an intelligence, it should. But, um, I don't know quite how dumb you are... never meeting you and all.
  • Vert%s's Photo

Weather Report - Heavy Weather

*Stargazer*

Where in the world would you find that today? Is it even in print cause that was 30 years ago!
  • rhcpraiders%s's Photo
    O.A.R.- In Between Now and Then
  • cg?%s's Photo

Where in the world would you find that today? Is it even in print cause that was 30 years ago!

You should know that most albums have been released on CD, and most every CD is re-released eventually, if it ever goes out of print. Although according to the All Music Guide, it is not in print in the USA, presently.

But, that doesn't mean you can't find it. I know for a fact that Barnes & Nobal's onlie store has it.

I also know for a fact that it is truly, honestly terrible. Everything that's good about it can be found on half a dozen other Jazz, Funk, and 70's Soft-Rock / Adult-Pop releases.

You'd be better off with a Herbie Hancock CD, imo. Or even my reccomendation of Jaga Jazzist! If you're in a mood for that sort of thing, that is.

Although, take what you want: Herbie Hancock does the Electro-Jazz-Fusion thing better, while Jaga-Jazzist does the rich, layered and complex production, thing better.

Or just get yourself the best Jazz CD ever: Soundtrack To The Film Space Is The Place by Sun Ra. Another good one (more recent, too) is Intercontentials by Bill Frissel.

Yeah, so I'm being annoying. But god dammit, Heavy Weather is like what something along the lines of Chicago, but a little more funky.

And while it may be a good thing, would you really want to own it? Maybe, but only after you buy every other great CD out there, which is better. Like Jaga Jazzist's!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading