Music Forum / Slipknot Bassist Arrested

• Jellybones%s's Photo
    Coldplay rules!
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Taken from Metal Hammer

Further to yesterday's report that Slipknot bassist Paul Gray has been arrested on charges of possession of marijuana, cocaine and "other" drug paraphernalia, it transpires that he tried to "buy his way out" of the situation.
    At 3:45PM on Sunday 1st June, Gray's 2001 red Porsche smashed into a car driven by Yvette Rochon at the junction of Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway and Carpenter Avenue in Gray's home town of Des Moines, Iowa.

Rochon said Gray tried to exchange contact details with her, "but I couldn't read it. He tried again but I still couldn't understand it. Then he tried to write me a cheque, but my husband gave it to police. I don't know how much it was for. He said he had to get to rehearsal and that he was a rock-something."

Gray told her he was on medication and that his "brakes were out" after he ran a red light and smashed into her vehicle. He was immediately rushed to a local hospital because of his "impaired balance, slurred speech and extremely sleepy and dull behaviour" says the Police report. Gray was then taken to Polk County Jail.

Gray consented to a urine test, and if it comes back positive, it could increase the severity of his charges and add counts of driving while intoxicated. He was freed after posting $4,300 for bail on Sunday evening and is due in court on 10th June.

Gray's management are yet to issue an official statement.

With the absence of an official statement from Paul Gray, Metal Hammer [and Rockreview, although Metal Hammer are the source of this report]would like to point out that we do not know he tried to "buy his way" of his recent run in with the law.

He could have, quite legitimately, written a cheque to cover repairs of Ms. Rochon's vehicle.

• Jellybones%s's Photo
    Think this makes Slipknot's disbanding (or in label speak, "indefinite hiatus") final?
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo

Think this makes Slipknot's disbanding (or in label speak, "indefinite hiatus") final?

Slipknot posted on their website a few month's ago they were not breaking up.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Yeah and they also said they are making a new website and it should be up in a matter of weeks, but some how I think they got weeks confused with years.
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    lmao, I could really careless. I mean, we already know it is going to sound like there other 3 cds. Nothing to look forward to.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading