Music Forum / I compiled a full length demo of noise music

• SensualEthiopianPolice%s's Photo

Love the new track. I've been wanting to get into making noise for a while now, it just seems like it would be really fun and in a way relaxing. How do you make your noise pieces?

Oh i just play with samples until they sound nothing like the original. Most of the demos are actually made from Neutral Milk Hotel tracks. I recommend just getting audacity and going to town 
  • Lilith%s's Photo
    Oooh that's fun. I have a friend who did that to a Balck Kray song and got it released on a label called floppy noise records that releases noise music exclusively on floppy disks. He sent a ROBLOX screenshot for the cover and a month later they sent him a floppy with a picture of a roblox guy on the front and a heavily distorted black kray song on the disk, it was wild.

I've also been wanting to get into analog noise but I don't know where to start.
  • SensualEthiopianPolice%s's Photo

Oh honey, I've been submitting my demo to tons of labels, no responses yet but it's only been a couple weeks. As for analog music, i got no clue, but I'm planning on buying a Korg monotron soon

• Lilith%s's Photo
    Monotrons are a ton a fun. I've been looking into a bunch of synths that are under $200, mostly the Korg Volca and Teenage Engineering PO series
  • ida%s's Photo

Monotrons are a ton a fun. I've been looking into a bunch of synths that are under $200, mostly the Korg Volca and Teenage Engineering PO series

OH OH OH i can discuss this!

I personally don't get the Monotrons, they're so flimsy and you can hardly do anything with them. The Monotron Delay is cool though, especially since you can use it to process other audio. The other two don't make as much sense to me though.

Get a Volca, they're fucking great. I really like mine, i have a Sample, Beats, and an FM (i've also had a Bass but i swapped it for the Beats). I love how hands-on they are.

My apologies for the bump but i have to share my love for the Volca's.

• Lilith%s's Photo
    i like monotrons mostly as a toy because theyre cheap, i havent had the money to buy anything better. hopefully ill be able to get a volca soon though

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading