Ask the Experts / Pathing Patterns

• HeArTlInEtWiStEr%s's Photo
    I am currently working on a park and i was wondering, if I was doing a forest-y park, what path combinations for the pattern in my esplanade would look the best together.

Basically, what paths look good together to make patterns for your entrance midway?

HT
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Well for a foresty park I'd say you should pick the dark brown as your primary path type. It blends into the dirt texture and gives a good forest floor look. If you must mix paths types together, do so sparingly. It can make a park look real ugly I think unless you really do it well. For making patterns, the tile textures look pretty good. I'd stay away from the red and green tile textures with the tan colored one being the best. You can also use that muddled brown one that covers most of Chateau Lake, it's one of the best looking path textures. It changes things though if you're using RCT2. I can't recall of the top of my head with path textures are in RCT2 and which aren't. The main thing though is if you want to mix path types be very careful because it can ruin a park if it isn't done well.
  • HeArTlInEtWiStEr%s's Photo
    I am using RCT2, sorry, should have stated that above......

HT

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading