General Chat / NE's Great Sexuality Survey v2

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo

I haven't heard about transgender bathrooms, but what I did hear about is just converting them into unisex which is way more efficient

Unisex would be a disaster. I know you aren't agreeing 100% with it but the whole no gender bathrooms are ridiculous.
  • SensualEthiopianPolice%s's Photo

But that's the problem, why is it a bad thing?

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo

But that's the problem, why is it a bad thing?

Imagine sending your 12 year old daughter to the bathroom that allows men in there too. How comfortable would you feel. The amount of sexual assault and inappropriate incidents would sky rocket. Yah it would be efficient but there are some fucked up people in this world.

There isn't an issue with it unless it becomes an issue. I don't believe in punishing people based on stats or likelihoods, only actions. I'd do my best to keep my daughter safe but I have no right to impede anyone else for her safety because that implies her life is worth more than others

• robbie92%s's Photo

Oh thank god my Internet was down for all of this.

• Lotte%s's Photo

Oh thank god my Internet was down for all of this.

+1 : 

• chorkiel%s's Photo

but I have no right to impede anyone else for her safety because that implies her life is worth more than others

I'm pretty sure most parents feel differently about their children.

I know, but I'm not talking descriptively, I'm talking normatively

• Sephiroth%s's Photo

There isn't an issue with it unless it becomes an issue. I don't believe in punishing people based on stats or likelihoods, only actions. I'd do my best to keep my daughter safe but I have no right to impede anyone else for her safety because that implies her life is worth more than others

So you're saying it's better to put everyone at risk to rare, yet life-scarring incidences so that a tiny minority of the population can feel better about themselves than to try to find other ways for these people to validate their beliefs and lifestyles that don't include these risks. And when ][ points this out, you're saying this isn't a problem until this actually happens to someone and the damage is done.

Good to know.

So you're saying it's better to put everyone at risk to rare, yet life-scarring incidences so that a tiny minority of the population can feel better about themselves than to try to find other ways for these people to validate their beliefs and lifestyles that don't include these risks. And when ][ points this out, you're saying this isn't a problem until this actually happens to someone and the damage is done.

Good to know.
    I'm saying don't punish others who have not done anything, to protect your family. Punish on action, not on fear 
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

Unisex would be a disaster. I know you aren't agreeing 100% with it but the whole no gender bathrooms are ridiculous.
    Where in the fuck are you getting that information?  

Imagine sending your 12 year old daughter to the bathroom that allows men in there too. How comfortable would you feel. The amount of sexual assault and inappropriate incidents would sky rocket. Yah it would be efficient but there are some fucked up people in this world.

Where in the fuck are you getting that information?

Good to know.

Where in the fuck are you getting this information?

This is a very difficult conversation to have even before you people just pull shit out of your ass to support your terrible arguments.  Unisex bathrooms don't work?  I've been in plenty of places with unisex bathrooms of varying types that work just fine.  Oh, the children!  then go in the bathroom with your children if you feel like she can't take care of herself.  As if there's violent sexual predators out there that can't figure out how to walk past a "Women" sign on the door.  Thwarted again! 
  • ricest%s's Photo

I think Fred's point here is not to completely attack people that have these beliefs.  He many times stated that he is comfortable in letting someone believe what they think, he is just expressing what he thinks.  

Why is it that gender confusion has become a bigger thing recently? You can't tell me that people haven't had these confusing thoughts before, I'm sure people in the 19th century were confused.  But in today's society, we have blew this problem way out of proportion, like being confused is a giant deal, and deserves everyone's attention.  I'm perfectly comfortable with having anyone choose whatever they want to be, if you identify as a frog and it makes you happy, ribbit away.

The problem arises when we are giving these issues more attention than other pressing issues, like health care, unemployment, etc.  A reason that gender confusion has been such a big deal lately is because everyone is making a huge deal out of it.  I think the way to treat it is to let anyone believe what they want, but not to bring more attention to it. You can't expect society to conform to your extremely specific beliefs that harm society as a whole by neglecting important issues.

People expecting special privileges that cost time and money when many other people are in real need of time and money is bs to me. With all the money spent on buying a new toilet for a school, how about sending that to an inner city school system that needs more than one book in its library? Time and money spent on passing dumb laws for this could be diverted to better health care plans, which would give more confused people access to the mental health services needed to talk about the issues they are having. Often times there is an underlying mental illness associated with these cases. I also think that adding all these different classes can be detrimental, as it often segregates more than diversifies.

Just reread Shotguns posts on the first page, and they should definitely be emphasized.  

Who is advocating buying new toilets? We're talking about letting them use the bathroom they feel comfortable with.  

Fuck, there are so many straw men and made up hypotheticals in this thread its impossible to even have a conversation. 

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo
    I was mainly talking about how sens said all bathrooms should be unisex. That being said I feel adding a bathroom that is gender neutral is fine. I respect transgender people but I don't feel personally that all bathrooms should be changed for a handful of people.
  • YoloSweggLord%s's Photo
    Most public spaces, at least here in the U.S., have a third 'family' bathroom which consists of a single room with a toilet, a sink, a wall-mounted diaper changing station, and sometimes a urinal. They're designed to accommodate only one person or family at a time. Why can't transgenderes just use these bathrooms if they're unsure whether to use male or female bathrooms?
  • ricest%s's Photo

Who is advocating buying new toilets? We're talking about letting them use the bathroom they feel comfortable with.  

Fuck, there are so many straw men and made up hypotheticals in this thread its impossible to even have a conversation. 

Dude that is what conversation is, sometimes you consider hypotheticals, and no crap a hypothetical is made up, it's based off of hypothesis, why not offer a point rather than just labeling everyone a straw man?

I did misread the above topic of conversion into unisex as spending money on a separate third bathroom.  Doesn't change my opinion on time and effort being poured into this.

Nobody is going to disagree with the semantics of a conversation or hypothetics, but if you have to dig that far down for a win, be my guest.  You win. 

Hypothetical situations don't carry weight when the hypothetical situation is not likely to happen.  WHAT IF THERES RAPE. But there's no evidence to suggest that there will be, and advocating policy on something based on assumptions is really terrible policy. 

You can go with "Freedom of speech" next, I guess. 

• RCThibo%s's Photo

Wow, according to this poll there are no females on NE :/

• Faas%s's Photo
    Is that surprising?
  • Liampie%s's Photo

We used to have a few.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading