AD Releases / The World of Wonka

• supertrooper%s's Photo
    Although I don't post much at this site, someone suggested I share screens and the download for a park I have recently finished. I appreciate any comments...positive or negative...and won't get my feelings hurt if you honestly don't like it. I refuse to get caught up in the NE sucks/RCT2.com sucks bullshit. I simply want a few differing, unbiased opinions about my creation.

A word of warning though. The park is unfortunately only Wacky Worlds compatible. I didn't realize that even though I didn't use any WW objects or rides, since I created the scenario after I installed WW the park magically became a WW park. Oh well.

Thanks,
    supertrooper

Information, screens, and link to the file can be found here:
    World of Wonka screens and download
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    Screens are ok, but don't expect many downloads here. We don't (for the most part) really play WW.
  • supertrooper%s's Photo

Screens are ok, but don't expect many downloads here.  We don't (for the most part) really play WW.

That's cool, and I understand completely. I havent played one WW scenario or used any of its scenery. If it weren't for my park inadvertantly becoming WW-only, I would uninstall it....however, then I wouldn't be able to enjoy my own park. It really sucks.
  • intamin101%s's Photo
    That wooden coaster (in one of the first screens) is one of the best cyclone woodies I've ever seen in RCT. Very nice job with that.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I like the brightness :) It's all very colourful. I just read the book, so this park is kinda groovy :D

I like the Lemon Drop screenshot the best - very well thought out.

Alas, I don't even have WW.
  • VegasCoaster%s's Photo
    None of the pictures are showing up for me.
  • supertrooper%s's Photo

None of the pictures are showing up for me.

sometimes they don't show up for me either....but they do when I refresh the page.
  • hpg%s's Photo
    None of the pics show up for me either, and I tried refreshing.
  • supertrooper%s's Photo

None of the pics show up for me either, and I tried refreshing.

ok...i went to my villagephotos account and the site must be fucked up right now....that's why the screens aren't showing up. But, if you have WW, you should download it anyway. ???

Ah-ha....bandwith limit exceeded. My account has been locked for the remainder of the day. Does that mean too many views? I guess I should be flattered...but that sucks.
  • coasterfrk%s's Photo

ok...i went to my villagephotos account and the site must be fucked up right now....that's why the screens aren't showing up.  But, if you have WW, you should download it anyway.  ???

Ah-ha....bandwith limit exceeded.  My account has been locked for the remainder of the day.  Does that mean too many views?  I guess I should be flattered...but that sucks.

Are you using a free account? If you are, the pics may be taking up mor than 5.00 MB, which is more than is allowed for free members. If not, then ignore me.

The idea sounds pretty cool. Too bad I can't actually see it though. :(
  • supertrooper%s's Photo

Are you using a free account?  If you are, the pics may be taking up mor than 5.00 MB, which is more than is allowed for free members.  If not, then ignore me.

The idea sounds pretty cool.  Too bad I can't actually see it though. :(

yeah...i'm using a free account. But i haven't added any pics since June 1st, and the scrrens were showing up fine until today.

Okay, that's enough. I'm done talking about my pic problems.
  • supertrooper%s's Photo
    Now the screens are showing up again....so look at them while you can. They'll probably disappear without warning again later.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    I am amazed by the level of creativity in this park. THe funhouse face is awesome. The Loompa Looper seems to travel a bit slow in spots (maybe too many things placed around it are slowing down the game), and the invert seems oddly colored against the rest of the park. But ....WOW. Really well done. By the way, I am under the impression that if you don't use WW scenery, then people with regular RCT2 will be able to open this park. Am I wrong?
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    Still can't see screens...
    I read the book,so I have an Idea of what It'll look like.
  • supertrooper%s's Photo

By the way, I am under the impression that if you don't use WW scenery, then people with regular RCT2 will be able to open this park. Am I wrong?

Yes, unfortunately you are wrong. I was under the impression that if no WW scenery or rides were used, the park would be fine. But, since I created the park after installing WW, it is now only WW compatible.

But thanks for the comments.
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo
    There are screens now if you go
    HERE

Also..for those that do have WW...download it...its definitely worth a look...

HERE
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Well, now i can see the screens - cheers Austin Powers - i'm impressed.

Just like Timothy Cross you have taken an idea hard to pull off and managed it. Very "old school". I especially love the big head. Fantastic.
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo

Just like Timothy Cross you have taken an idea hard to pull off and managed it. Very "old school". I especially love the big head. Fantastic.

Very cool...eh?

This is Supertroopers park.......give him all the praise

Ill take credit for the screenshots tho ;)X
  • supertrooper%s's Photo
    Thanks for the screens AP...I appreciate it.
  • Turtle%s's Photo

QUOTE (Turtle @ Jun 17 2003, 07:00 AM)

Very cool...eh?

This is Supertroopers park.......give him all the praise

Ill take credit for the screenshots tho 

I was giving him the praise lol. Never mind...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading