News / The List

• Fisch%s's Photo

I'm sure that La Reve will be somewhere up there. As will Zippo's and perhaps something like Disney's Shadowlands or Disney Air. Either one of Belmont Shores or Lennox Mall also stand a good chance to be included.

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

How have I never seen Djinn? It's spectacular!

• Version1%s's Photo

Even I've seen it and I have seen maybe 10 parks that were released before I joined NE.

• posix%s's Photo

Djinn to me is one of the most underrated things on the site. Just such beautiful theming.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Djinn to me is one of the most underrated things on the site. Just such beautiful theming.

absolutely agree. The whole thing is put together so perfectly.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

What's the criteria for the "Similar Parks"? Some of them are obviously similar to others, but some have me wondering.

It'd be really cool to list things that were inspired by a given park on the list, to help capture the impact that a park had.

• Liampie%s's Photo

What's the criteria for the "Similar Parks"? Some of them are obviously similar to others, but some have me wondering.

It'd be really cool to list things that were inspired by a given park on the list, to help capture the impact that a park had.

There's no science behind it, they're just suggestions, for varying reasons. It can be a similar work from the same creator, something that is stylistically similar, something that is conceptually similar, or something that is otherwise related. For Fantastic Wonders, there are two other parks from the early days of RCT2 that show how RCT2 was transitioning from LL. Roman Vice lists some other super-dense mini parks; one of which with Kumba as a building, and another with a classical theme as well; in addition to another park with disneylhand duelers. Westwinds has some other Cedar Fair parks (one G Force park). For The Pridelands, Caiman is another nin park with downscaled but similar foliage for example, and Hoogland is the second most African thing out there. Just some examples. If you're puzzled by some suggestions, do bring them up! Discussion is fun. And if some better suggestions come up I can edit them in.

• Lagom%s's Photo

First of all, that List logo is so damn beautiful.

Second of all, If it wasn't clear before, this shows the true passion you guys have for the community and the game(s). I can only imagine the amount of work that goes into this.

I love to read about these parks, many of which I've never heard of before. It's a great way for me to discover parks that stands out in the history of New Element.

Can't wait for next week. Hats off to you guys.

• Steve%s's Photo

I've never understood the appeal of Djinn. Then again, I don't think Dreamport should be a Spotlight, so, maybe there's just a trend developing here.

• G Force%s's Photo

JK doesn't understand signs at all so that's understandable Steve.

• RWE%s's Photo

I've never understood the appeal of Djinn. Then again, I don't think Dreamport should be a Spotlight, so, maybe there's just a trend developing here.

Blasphemy!

• pierrot%s's Photo

I think Dreamport was bit hyped back then, Still worth the Spotlight though.

• posix%s's Photo

Didn't see that one coming Steve.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Has the time arrived to release the next 15 parks on "The List"?

Loved reading through the first set of parks, it's provided some fantastic sources of history to see how the game has evolved, as well as some inspiration for future projects. Thanks again to the 10 judges and the massive work behind the scenes to the admins that headed up this gigantic task!!!!

• Liampie%s's Photo

Has the time arrived to release the next 15 parks on "The List"?

It's your lucky day.
  • G Force%s's Photo

Alice in Wonderland is SG, might a perfect park for that type and style.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Magic Realms Resort is still one of my favorite kind of "raw fun" parks to return to. It toes the line of being acceptably micro- and realism- focused while ignoring conventional object choices and aesthetic rules. It's just a blast to explore the themed areas because all they're concerned with is totally saturating you with that style.
  • Version1%s's Photo

Fucking Europa Park World Showcase. Hate it so much

• mintliqueur%s's Photo

So glad to see Aero's Wormwood on there!! 

Thanks for bringing this back, guys. Really a neat idea!

• nin%s's Photo

So many great additions with this update. Quite fond of Universal's Cayman IOA and Euroscape. Two big influences for me when I first joined here.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading