Theme Park Discussion / V1's Walygator visit [no pics, just hate]

• Version1%s's Photo

So, I and four other guys went to Walygator. Wait, one injured himself playing soccer in the last minute and the other two (one of which pushed us to go to Walygator) didn't come because one of them got sick the night before. Which means it was just me and another guy. We are both kind of fans of bad quality and complete bullshit, which is possibly the only thing making this stay enjoyable at all.

The first thing you see of Walygator is a truly horrendous main street. The archy is actually kind of nice, but the colors were apparently never refreshed and a weird roof kinda destroyed the aesthetics. Obviously, we wanted to start with the coasters. So we went past useless big buildings that didn't seem to house anything and finally ended up in the "space area". There we decided to ride a flat before going on the coasters. The flat was G-Lock, a Zamperla air race. It was okay, we kinda had fun and it was probably the second best ride in the park. We went on Comet, a Vekoma Hurricane, still running with Arrow trains. It wasn't as bad as feared but still, not good at all. We then "rode" Sheriff Academy Indoor, a shooting gallery/cinema. It was housed in a building that was obviously themed to the Smurfs but with some wood nailed on to it, so I guess that is enough to make it into a Western building. Anyhow, the ride itself was kind of okay. The shooting mechanics were pretty good, since you knew which of the points on the screen was yours and the gun vibrated when you hit something.

Next up was Anaconda. Oh. My. God. This wooden coaster, built in 1989 by William Cobb and using Morgan trains, was the worst thing I've ever done in a theme park. We got into the tiny queue and it became apparent, that the queue for the ride wasn't long in length but long in time. Dispatch times were around 5 minutes. Now, you might ask yourself why that is. Even a single operator doing everything could be faster than that. Especially since, for whatever reasons, the first two cars (so 8 of the 32 seats) weren't in use. Well, Walygator has a extremely weird system in which you have to wait in front of the station itself. Then they let enough people through to fill one train. Not so weird? Makes sense? Is better than making the station a huge mess of people trying to ride together, etc? Yes to all of that, but for whatever reason, Walygator decided that the station won't be filled with people before the passengers leaving the train have left the station. So people leave the train, leave the station, people enter the station but have to wait in front of the gates, the ride ops organize the people and then you can get into the 3/4 train that operates that day. Tbf, I don't think any of their coasters even has two trains.

The ride itself reminded me of driving from one village to another in a appropriate pace. Doesn't seem too exciting? It wasn't. Honestly, this coaster is the worst coaster I've ever ridden. It's rough in a very weird way (my back didn't have problems, but my chest vibrated a lot and my heart wasn't to happy about that) and the hills have even less airtime than the hills on the Big One. In fact, one has to wonder why they bothered to build hills at all.

Next up was European Raptor. The station is very interesting. It looks like a default steel construction that B&M delivers with their Inverts and that is supposed to be hidden by a building. I don't know how true this is, but it's my only guess why it looks like it looks. The ride itself was really good. I've heard rumors of it getting the MCBR it "lost" when moving here, but it turned out to be false, so the end helix was really great. It's a good Invert and I don't have to say anything bad about the ride, though it probably wouldn't be in my top 3 Inverts even without the missing brakes. After Monster, we did the slides located near it. While most other parks have a way to get the rafts needed automatically to the top, we had to pull ours.

The log flume is the worst I've ever ridden. It has one drop and nothing great is happening. The river rapids are the worst I've ever ridden. For no reason at all they are build like RCT2 rapids, which means they were more or less a log flume since the water basin was as wide as the boats. It also used Jurassic Park music. They had a weird Polyp-esque flat ride that was horribly looking but okay to ride. The longest queue we had was for the TERROR HOUSE (or whatever the name was). Basically just a string of rooms with "scary" scenery and painting on the wall with two scare artists, who only scare from the front. I'm not big into scares, so I don't mind, but I was in the back and nothing happened for me. The park map shows another big building with some kind of ride, but it was closed. They have a Big Apple, so I guess at least I'm taking 4 counts home with me. All in all this has so the one of the worst parks I've visited.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    "No pics, just hate"

This is the most V1 post ever. :lol:

Thanks for sharing, fun read. Good to hear Monster is good. I'd like to visit Walygator sometime! I love crappy stuff too. This sounds like SFA but even more miserable.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading