H2H8 / H2H8 General Thread

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

Go do this; more participants more fun!

https://www.nedesign...ss-the-builder/

• Liampie%s's Photo

Just want to make this clear:

Being an admin I'm involved with prepping these matches. However the parks are submitted to trav and he passes them on to us anonymously. Some info might spill during the prepping process and that's not a problem, but overall I'm quite in the dark about who built what and I really like it that way. I've always loved to play the "guess the builders" game. So if you've built on a park, don't assume that I know and spoil it for me in a private conversation or anything like that. Thanks :)

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    K0NG built both parks confirmed
  • G Force%s's Photo
    He probably has enough 80% finished parks for that to be possible NGL.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

@liampie I built the replacements park

• inthemanual%s's Photo

w2 preds, excluding my matchup: 

Spiritual Son of Ghoul from HG up against Louis building yet another urban amusement park
    HG beat Icons 55-45 in the park poll, but Icons win in the memes

A chaotic Replacements park gets picked out for missing some polish, but still puts up a strong showing against an immersive, but realistic slice-of-park from Spacecrab. 63-35 Spacecrab

Round 2:

- UltraRealists ironically build something ultra-realistic (think gritty)

- Spacecrab builds a park involving space and crabs

- Heaven's Gallery builds LL

- Robbie & co. bring us to an obscure part of the world

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

BSG, Roomie, and Ion's ninja-themed "War of Two Clans" Battlefield RCT spinoff to lose to Recurious, Scoop, MrBrightside, and V1's "Playland" mash-up park composed of chunks of Playland (vancouver), Playland (wildwood New Jersey), Playland (ocean city New Jersey), and Playland (Kuwait).

itm, Kumba, and jaguar's "Hall of Fame" sports stadium megaplex with rides and attractions themed to sports heroes to beat Ziscor, CC9, and Wouter's "Valleyfair?!" - which is Valleyfair but all the rides have the same names and are in the same spots but are different types from their real-world counterparts.

Pac, Sam, Casimir, and Austin's "Adventureland" remix of the Shanghai and Euro disney adventure/discoverylands to lose to Crab, Crab, Crab, (and Crab?)'s "Round Two Park with Strong Readme".

• dr dirt%s's Photo

Heaven's Gallery vs Icons stands out to me as a potentially great matchup.  The Icons have all their 1-4 picks left to build and captain, while Heaven's also didn't use 1-4, but we saw Liampie in R1.  Both teams have a selection of combos that could produce stellar parks.  Here we could see something like a Louis/trav combo (which we may expect to see sometime) and we could even see something with robbie or Coasterbill come out.  Out of Heaven's, it wouldn't be surprising to see Steve or BSG come into play, as I think both can easily get something off the ground by now.  And they also have some long time members in the back of the lineup that could easily carry a park in Roomie and Six Frags, but the question is whether they'll be rusty.  I predict Icons may take this one, considering there's many potentially lethal combos, and many of Heaven's deadliest combos probably involve Liampie.

In Ultrarealists vs. Strangelove, I'm lost on where to start thinking about this matchup.  Shotguns unveiled an 80% share of their park with alex on board, but I don't think that precludes alex this round.  Of the remainders, they've lost some potentially strong players but I think still have a strong reserve and a large pool of players to head a park and deliver huge.  Strangelove secured a win in R1, and used captain GForce in a large role - leaving picks 1-3 but using them in combination may stretch the team thin unless the rest of the lineup steps up, and there's some real potential there.  I have to predict the Ultrarealists here, in what may be an important matchup.  A loss for Ultrarealists would put them behind 0-2 with a team where the style may be received hit or miss sometimes, and a win to Strangelove sets the apparent underdog team up nicely.

For Replacements vs us - we saw nin in a large role R1, and there's always the huge delivery from Pacificoaster to worry about but is coming out of inactivity.  WhosLeon was the first draft pick so is probably planned to head up a park, but remains a mystery as to what he can deliver in H2H.  But I'm always going to be predicting a Spacecrab victory.

• GammaZero%s's Photo

[ntamin22' timestamp='1524712056' post='739607']

Pac, Sam, Casimir, and Austin's "Adventureland" remix of the Shanghai and Euro disney adventure/discoverylands to lose to Crab, Crab, Crab, (and Crab?)'s "Round Two Park with Strong Readme".

Austin isn't the floater you dummy

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Eerie silence on NE means Round 2 is about to begin...

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

Eerie silence on NE means Round 2 is about to begin...

The calm before the storm...
  • Scoop%s's Photo

Let's get some more predictions.

• Liampie%s's Photo

h2h8logo1.png

Replacement

The Replacements drop RCT2day

The Replacements pick up djbrcace1234

Replacement on The Replacements; check.

• RCT2day%s's Photo

First, I'll be clear: I really REALLY didn't want this to happen.  I was fortunate to be drafted onto a talented, involved, fun team full of great people; life, however, got in the way.  I made the decision on my own (and then talked to nin about it) for the best interest of the team.  I underestimated how busy I'd be with finishing my degree, studying for finals, relocating to Orlando, starting a full-time job (designer in the theme park industry!), and doing all the things necessary for the next chapter of my life.

It's very embarrassing for me, but it's what is best for the team.  I'm a team player first and foremost, and I wasn't helping the team enough to justify a spot.  Hopefully, dj gets an amazing experience from this and improves as a player.

Go Replacements, thanks for everything.

• djbrcace1234%s's Photo
    As long as two bushes are placed my skill as a player will grow two times. Haha

Sad to see you go, RCT2day, but no need to feel embarrassed.

I underestimated how busy I'd be with finishing my degree, studying for finals, relocating to Orlando, starting a full-time job (designer in the theme park industry!), and doing all the things necessary for the next chapter of my life.

I know how this feels; good luck!

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Wow, rct2day, that sounds like you're on a roll, designer in the themepark industry in Orlando! :drool:

It's a pretty good reason to drop out though, maybe another time to hold h2h will be better next time, as more people have important exams and things this time of the year, but on the other side, there will always be times when people are busy with IRL..

• CedarPoint6%s's Photo

Good luck with your move RCT2day.  Message me when you get settled in! 

Looking forward to seeing djbrcace1234 build some cool stuff.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading