H2H8 / H2H8 General Thread

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

Good luck with your move RCT2day.  Message me when you get settled in! 

Looking forward to seeing djbrcace1234 build some cool stuff.

I too, am excited for his bush placement. 

• G Force%s's Photo
    Does this mean Orlando is getting an NCSO park?
  • posix%s's Photo

I wish people had been as conscientious with these decisions in past seasons of the contest. I guess the average age of the community just goes up.

• Casimir%s's Photo

I wish people had been as conscientious with these decisions in past seasons of the contest. I guess the average age of the community just goes up.

I really feel it does have something to do with the possibilities of so much more instantaneous communication, compared to earlier contests.

• dr dirt%s's Photo

I guess it's already about that time to make my pregame post for R3:

This time I look for a big matchup between us boys at Spacecrab and Heaven's Gallery.  Three of the returning members of HA made their way onto Spacecrab and another from HK in Cam.  Maybe this is the precursor to a full on Ship of Theseus matchup situation in a future H2H.  Anyways - there's the potential to see a match up between many former teammates; with Steve/Sulakke/BSG having yet to go for the Gallery and all were on HA. I really look forward to this match, and might be the most anticipated of the season for me.

The Icons vs Strangelove matchup is next on the list - and I think the Icons might've set themselves up well for player availability with robbie essentially soloing R2.  Maybe this round we'll see the Ref himself step into the ring, and picks 3 & 4 (CB & Recurious) haven't built at all yet - not to mention Louis only did a layout R2.  A lot of potential builders for the Icons, but we're not seeing another robbie park (unless he's insane). Strangelove is the only undefeated team after 2 rounds, and used Cocoa and GForce both in a large capacity to get there.  Based on how the team has contributed to each park as a whole, it's possible the only one to assume not building this round is cocoa.  I suspect there's potential for a Stoksy-led park, or something from an assortment of the roster which is proving to be strong.  I predict the Icons in this matchup, with the freedom of a basically one builder park paying off.

Replacements vs Ultrarealists might determine if the Ultrarealists will turn things around, or become the next Elementalists.  The realists gave us AVC and ITM in R2 with quite a massive park.  The Kumba Device is yet to be activated, but I'm not sure how the reception will be given he focuses on wild micro detailing sometimes sacrificing composition, and we just saw Ghibli get dinged on composition.  I'm still very much looking forward to what alex comes up with, and FK may be another where the community's reception might change on a moment's notice.  The Replacements have doubled down on parks more than reminiscent of previous work, and will the trend continue?  I hope to see something new cooked up, but it's an individual call on that.  On a quick look there's a few left to build in R3-5 yet including Pac, and maybe a SSSammy/poke combo?.  I'm in between on who I predict will win this one, but if I had to choose - I'd say Ultrarealists might gather their first win, and we'd have a really tight competition heading into the last rounds.

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

I expect to see an alex park next round. That's for sure. Maybe even Pac making an appearance from the Replacements. Normally R3/4 is where things get a little lulled before R5, but I'm not so sure this time around. I have no idea how any of the matches are going to turn out this time around, but there are some exciting options. Spacecrabs took a rough loss with some major players in R2, it'll be interesting to see who they have on R3 and if it's strong enough to beat the equally strong HG.

As for our team, you'll have to wait and see!

• ottersalad%s's Photo

I'm definitely expecting a coasterbill/recurious/trav park in our matchup.

Also waiting for a Steve, Kumba, Poke, Sammy, Faas, and Pac to make their splashes.

• Iron Rattler%s's Photo

My round 3 prediction is that this is going to be a season defining round. I think the real contenders will elevate themselves from the rest of the competition. A secondary prediction is that we will see LL come out in this round. I also expect somebody to use their extension. For our matchup I expect to run into a touch pacificcoaster park .

• G Force%s's Photo
    Anyone got predictions for round 4?

I know many players have been theory crafting on possible scenarios for playoffs, would be cool to see some spelled out here.

As far as I can tell everyone is still eligible for the playoffs and no team has clinced yet, although we are pretty close I think.
  • GammaZero%s's Photo

For our matchup I expect to run into a touch pacificcoaster park .

:D

• Camcorder22%s's Photo

Heaven's Gallery's Luxembourg 1669 park by Steve vs Replacements pier-themed mall park by gdb and SSSammy, Replacement's win by one vote coming from gee's uncle, who receives scathing Steve review. 

Ultrarealists finally win with FK floating drugs world made within deadline extension after Kumba rage-deletes his solo park, beating trav park featuring rejected park ideas from every other team's discord.

Strangelove "Flat Rides From Hell" featuring Stoksy and Jappy loses decisively to Spacecrab park which gets community score of 98.42% ;D 

• saxman1089%s's Photo

Heaven's Gallery's Luxembourg 1669 park by Steve vs Replacements pier-themed mall park by gdb and SSSammy, Replacement's win by one vote coming from gee's uncle, who receives scathing Steve review. 

Ultrarealists finally win with FK floating drugs world made within deadline extension after Kumba rage-deletes his solo park, beating trav park featuring rejected park ideas from every other team's discord.

Strangelove "Flat Rides From Hell" featuring Stoksy and Jappy loses decisively to Spacecrab park which gets community score of 98.42% ;D 

And you win the internet for today. 
  • Recurious%s's Photo

trav park featuring rejected park ideas from every other team's discord.

Wtf leaks!?!

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    All Top Spins Go to Hell
  • dr dirt%s's Photo

Another PreGame with poor predictions coming 'atcha:

Heaven's vs Replacements is an exciting matchup - both teams sitting at 2-1 and a win would put that team in a likely playoff spot - I haven't done any looking at numbers here, but am assuming 3 wins will almost certainly get a team into the playoffs.  It looks like Heaven's first draft pick Steve hasn't built a park yet, and it's a good possibility to see it here.  It's a little hard to remember who went each round, but off the top of my head maybe there's something like a BSG + Roomie combo and a Steve + Liam revival (another old scenario?) that might pop up.  As far as potential playoff lineups go, Heaven's is hard to call.  Replacements are coming off a narrow victory with a Pac near-solo, and might have a decent reserve of players.  I don't think SSSammy or Poke have gone and I don't find that combo too farfetched to come up in the last two RR rounds.  Their 3rd pick bubbsy hasn't been used in a large capacity and might also be seen again in 4 or 5.  Judging by the appearances so far, a nin (r1) and WhosLeon (r2) park may make some sense for something like the semis.  This matchup has potential to be something really close again, but I'll predict Heaven's taking the win.

Moving onto Icons vs Ultrarealists - so I don't think 1st round draft pick trav has built yet, and perhaps Louis is going for a season of just layouts.  I would imagine and hope that's not the case and we'll see one or both of them as significant builders on this round.  Recurious is another early draft pick that hasn't really been highlighted if I recall correctly.  Anyway, the Icons are coming into this 1-2 where the winner was one of the top parks this season & gathered the highest accolade score so far, but the other two fell a bit flat with the voters.  Might be a crucial win for their team so I'd hope for a strong park here.  I would expect to see robbie planned for something like a semis park with another on board should they clinch a spot.  The Ultrarealists are coming from a rough defeat and have faced stiff competition each match.  I'm still waiting to see what Kumba comes up with as he'd mentioned leading one park before the season started, and seemed to be tacked onto EVIL.  But, would be see fantasy from him or realism?  He's also fired the hell up after R3, so who knows what that means.  There's also FK in the mix and Shotguns going round 1 doesn't exclude him from another before RR is over.  Theorizing on potential playoffs is difficult - but AVC and ITM in r2 might put them each on one and alex in r3 as a significant builder as well.  It also depends on how much Shogo is planning to attempt to he-man a season.  I've predicted quite a bit, but I'll go with the Icons here, but watch it be when Ultrarealists pull through finally.

We're up against Strangelove now, who've had an impressive 3-0 record thus far.  Admittedly, I'm not sure they've faced each teams strongest parks and won a (to me) surprising victory over Tahendo.  I think they've used a good variety of players to date and Stoksy might be the only early round draft pick who hasn't built.  Some of the team members haven't built in a huge capacity like Ziscor and Mav and might make an appearance in the late RR.  Stoksy + Maverix makes some sense to me.  It wouldn't be surprising if cocoa is slated to be on the semis having gone r2, but I'm not sure how a stylistic mix with GForce might be so I'd venture to guess he may be on the finals.  No comments on our team, but I'll have to throw out another Spacecrabs victory prediction even if the last two parks didn't quite win the voters over.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Players who still have to go:

Heaven's Gallery - Steve, bigshootergill

Spacecrabs - Coupon, spacek

UltraRealists - FK, MK98, Rene

Replacements - gdb, Sammy, Poke

Strangelove - Stoksy, Jappy

Icons - trav, Recurious, MrBrightside

Players who haven't built much so far:

Heaven's Gallery - IonZer0

Spacecrabs - Faas, disneylandian

UltraRealists - Kumba, Merzbow

Replacements - Bushmaster, GammaZero

Strangelove - WouterVL, roygbiv

Icons - Louis

Seems like every team still has some serious firepower left. Only the Replacements are getting thin, but nothing is stopping them from using one of their top picks again in round 4.

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Players who still have to go:

Heaven's Gallery - Steve, bigshootergill

Spacecrabs - Coupon, spacek

UltraRealists - FK, MK98, Rene

Replacements - gdb, Sammy, Poke

Strangelove - Stoksy, Jappy

Icons - trav, Recurious, MrBrightside

These are all solid lineups.

• saxman1089%s's Photo

Icons - Louis

Come on Louis, where you at buddy?

• Liampie%s's Photo

Some combinations I'm hoping for:

Poke + Sammy (LL park please)

Jappy + Cocoa

Coupon + Fisch

Wouter + roygbiv

Kumba + FK

Stoksy + Ziscor

Trav + Recurious

Louis + Terry

• In:Cities%s's Photo

Come on Louis, where you at buddy?

He's busy typing up reviews for all of the previous matches.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading