H2H8 / Advertise yourself!

• G Force%s's Photo

Yessir. It was for a park on reddit that was never released. I might re use some of the buildings in a current project. Don’t want them to go to waste! The bioshock area was my island in a group park. Wasn’t super cohesive of an idea. A smattering of my favorite structures in the game

I was thinking the same thing. Battleship Bay and Soldiers Field would make a perfect park. Hope you pick that up again!
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

i can host

• Fisch%s's Photo

Here's what to expect if you draft me:

This will be my 4th H2H and my 5th team contest overall. I've had successful parks but I also had parks where I lost drive and focus and they ended up being unfinished or subpar. From my experience with rct team contests I will say that I am of little use if I'm being made to build something I am not excited about. On the other hand the parks that I've led where I've basically been given a free pass were the ones that were successful. "Let me do my thing". :p

I'm sure I'll be able to put in at least one major duo park that I lead and the rest I think time will have to tell, but more might be doable.

I'm able to host and have been hosting all throughout Riverland's creation, so I'm sure there won't be any huge problems with that. That should speed up progress on the park and should allow for a better outcome with easier teamwork.

• SensualEthiopianPolice%s's Photo

I figured I'd bring out some old screenshots, hoping to at least be in the mock draft. I can do pretty well with western theming and I know you've probably all seen these by now but its gotta be worth something to someone? Attached Image: Jew Harp Amusement Park 2017-11-27 15-47-40.png Attached Image: Xtreme97 Workbench 2014 2017-11-21 11-06-16.png

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Unfinished, but at least Im building again...

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: 674B3D65-E440-4FE1-9D94-CF344B993DB3.jpeg
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo

In case there was any thought I'd changed...

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: The Fool 4.jpg
  • Iron Rattler%s's Photo

Reasons to Pick Me

- I have a super open schedule this Spring, no job, just twelve hours of classes a week.

- Experience with NE team competitions. My first experience on this site was as a member of Kingdom of Ni in the NE Olympics. Despite being awful, I helped earn my team points and learned a lot about how team contests work.

- Flexible building style. I'm not too locked in into any one specific style so would be able to build on any type of park I was assigned too. 

-Finished top 14 in the NEDC4. Pay no attention to the number of entries.

-I have lots of ideas for the contest. In the Vertical Sprint entry in the Olympics my idea to build a scene from the Fast and Furious movies finished 4th out of 10 despite lacking in quality

-Good team player. I think I have a pretty easy personality to work with so I won't cause any lockerroom drama. I'm also pretty active and will give lots of feedback. 

Overall I think I would be worth a late round pick. I think I have a lot of potential to be a valuable asset on a winning team.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Cowboys vs Indians 2018-02-26 22-11-56.png
    • Attached Image: H2H7 Official Workbench 2018-02-26 23-32-36.png
    • Attached Image: Xtreme97 Workbench 2014 2018-02-26 23-48-16.png
    • Attached Image: Meditteranean Mysteries.png
    • Attached Image: Daredevil.png
  • Stoksy%s's Photo

Have missed you FK!

Also is that Agencia Avanine, impressed it's still going

• SSSammy%s's Photo

ilu fk

Yeah Stoksy, its Agencia. Having discovered Open RCT now, it actually looks like progress will be made; I built more in two hours than I did in a week.... Which also means Im actually excited about building again and will going to be able to contribute more than expected for this H2H. Take note, captains. :)
  • saxman1089%s's Photo

After struggles a month or two back with hosting, and then giving up, I thought I'd never be able to host. For some reason, I got the urge to try it again today, and got it working! So I can host MP games. I may also be able to get an old computer (or two) up and running to host 24/7 as well. 

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Sax hosted a 5x5 nano map. Making sure this doesn't get lost on discord.

Attached Image: ad6.PNG

• SensualEthiopianPolice%s's Photo

Same server with ITM Attached Image: short.png

• saxman1089%s's Photo
    Same, built two squares. Second is a WIP, but may be finished and posted here later.

Attached Image: 96A8E4B4-2C21-4D1E-9E73-B5B3A7089FF0.jpeg
  • Lilith%s's Photo

i also built a square on saxmans server!

Attached Image: 5x5.png

• GammaZero%s's Photo
    This is H2H, not Micro Madness. smh
  • ida%s's Photo
    My pros:

- Capable of building a lot of different things.
    - I have a lot of free time. I only have to work about 2½ days a week or so, and i can spend the rest on RCT.
    - My RCT work is sort of okayish, i guess.
    - I've found that i'm very good at getting into "the flow", and postponing other tasks to focus on one specific thing i want to work on (RCT in this case). If anyone needs someone in their team who's able to no-life RCT for 6 hours straight, pick me!
    - I really enjoy working with limitations. Limitations force you to think in a very out of the box way about the tools you're using to create something, and it can bring a lot of great ideas and concepts with it. I particularly enjoyed building in the Disaster Bench and creating NCSO stuff, because it forces you to think more creatively. This is why i would prefer working on projects with limitations here - NCSO, LL, or maybe another bench with terrible objects.
    - I'm a musician, so i could compose a custom piece for a park.
    - I once made a park that got a Bronze so that's a thing. Also i lost MM2014 in the first round.

My cons:

- H2H newbie.
    - Not good at realism. Also not amazingly good at realism coaster layouts.
    - I'm a perfectionist, i usually like to shape all the things i create as perfect as possible. This can be either a pro or a con, but maybe all my nitpicking could be a con.
    - I'm terrible at structurizing things. When i build parks in RCT, i never plan them out. I just build whatever comes to mind and see what happens. This has lead to most of my previous work being unfinished, because i would run into an issue with the park design that i couldn't solve, and i stopped working on it.
    - I rely on instructions a lot. If you tell me to build, i'll build, but i want to specifically know what to build, where to build it, just all the information i need to not screw something up. The same goes for H2H in general, i want to know every rule and deadline i need to know about.
    - Because of all the things i've just mentioned, i would prefer not having to do a solo park, as i don't think i'm skilled enough to do that yet.

h1m7Sja.png

gwpU3gL.jpg

n7JpF5j.png

qNeLmZt.png

3EAhfKP.jpg

QLKmfw8.png

1RM7QaW.png

iMfcBvo.png

2130.png

2356.png

1037.png
  • ottersalad%s's Photo
    Those nano maps are awesome! 5x5 is super small but the screens have such nice details.

@Wouter: wow. The 3rd and 4th screens are awesome.
    Great work there Wouter!
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    + This would be my 3rd H2H.
    + Reliable, and easy to communicate with.
    + Lots of ideas.
    + I have a lot of access within Disney regarding resources/ideas/pictures, etc.

- I haven't played RCT since the last H2H.
    - Working on a cruise ship gives me a ton of free time when I'm home on "vacation" (which is now), but limited Wi-Fi access when I'm back on board, starting the 23rd of next month (for the next 3 months). I have to pay for my data, but thankfully sending messages and park save game files arent a big problem.
    - I don't play LL.
    - I don't hack, or build decent layouts.
    - I won't be able to be on discord/online servers due to my upcoming limited internet access.
    - I've been playing Planet Coaster a lot lol.

It's understandably a gamble to draft me. But I love this site, and am surprised I've stuck around here this long. I'll always come "back" for this contest, if not to play, then to watch.

No pictures for you. Partially because I'm on my cell phone, and mostly because I haven't built anything since h2h7 lol

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading