H2H8 / Rate the pre-trade H2H8 teams

Which pre-trade team looks the strongest?

Which pre-trade team looks the weakest?

Which pre-trade team looks the most cohesive?

Which pre-trade team looks the least cohesive?

Which pre-trade team looks the most reliable?

Which pre-trade team looks the least reliable?

Which team are you personally looking forward to most?

• Xeccah%s's Photo

Team Liampie

Liam ©; Steve; Cedarpoint6; bigshootergill; Sulakke; RuyataxRCT; Roomie; IonZer0; Six Frags; Che; Ultro

Team ][ntamin22

][ntamin22 ©; Fisch; Tolsimir; BelgianGuy; dr dirt; Faas; Disneylandian192; Coupon; Spacek531; Saxman1089; Camcorder22

Team alex

alex ©; Shotguns?; AvanineCommuter; Inthemanual; Kumba; FK+Coastermind; Julow; Rene; Jaguar; zxbiohazardzx; Iron Rattler

Team G Force

G Force ©; Cocoa; Stoksy; Ziscor; Roygbiv; CoasterCreator9; Jappy; Maverix; In:Cities; WouterVL; Ottersalad

Team nin

nin ©; WhosLeon; Pacificoaster; Bubbsy41; gdb; SSSammy; Poke; RCT2Day; Casimir; Austin55; GammaZero

Team Louis!

Louis! ©; trav; robbie92; Recurious; Coasterbill; RWE; Terry Inferno; FredD; Scoop; Mr Brightside711; Version1
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

All of the teams this year are pretty even in skill level, so it comes down to activity, cohesion, and reliability at least for how successful they'll be in the round robin. Although I think G Force's team is more reliable and Louis's team is more cohesive, I do think alex's team will have the highest "high points" in the RR similar to H2H6's Heaven's kitchen. All in all everyone drafted a good roster, but I'd question the cohesion from Heavens (blank) and the Replacements 2:  Electric Boogaloo, as well as the reliability from (again) Liam's team as well as ][ntamin's. 

G force puled out a spectacularly great roster, picking up 3/4 players from the other half of the globe to help with availibility, as well as having an extremely solid roster throughout. I worry about him not using the "floater" status to its highest potential. 

Louis's team is good and will have no issue squeaking out 3 wins especially if other teams have reliability issues, but I'm worried about the lack of powerful parkmaker talent needed for the playoffs.

][ntamin22 picked very unexpectedly and seemingly picked around Fisch being his round 1 draft pick. While the team will have very little issue cohesion wise I'm worried about half of their player's availability schedules. Sure, you have Fisch, but Tolsimir either nuts in h2h or duds, BG and saxman have or are about to have kids and have more IRL constraints, dr dirt, coupon, and camcorder all do not have stellar pasts in terms of how impactful they were in previous H2H seasons.  

Liampie's team for the most part is solid but a few of his picks seem unorthodox. Either he's trying to bait a team into trading CP6 away, or he has special plans for him. Roomie and Six Frags are two players I have doubts in how active they'll be. His floaters aren't particularly great either. While he has a good core of himself/steve/bsg/sulakke/roy/ion, I think his team is the weakest.

Nin gets to captain again and his first picks are rather predictable but definitely are powerful, active, and cohesive, he loses that cohesion with the latter half of his team. Sammy, poke, Casimir, and gamma feel like better fits on other teams, which makes me think nin may try to trade. His last three picks may be duds in terms of activity as well, even if Austin in the past has had a strong H2H showing. 

Alex's team.... man I love it. 

• Cocoa%s's Photo

TBH most teams look on paper quite good, and we sort of have to wait to see what IRL stuff crops up and which players fade to see how this all goes.

Alex's team looks great. I'm really excited for what they can pull out this competition- theres a lot of talent there, and I expect some great fantasy. Awesome picks and cohesion, and you guys nabbed some people I wanted for G's team...

I've learned my lesson to doubt Liam's teams before the competition, so I'm sure he'll pull some hectic strategy out of the bag. At the very least, three parks from him is enough to make any team do well, and he has some really solid support. but yeah, I do question some of the choices. I'm sure I'll eat my words though...

Intamin has a pretty solid roster, but I agree on some productivity issues. Nonetheless, if each of those risks builds 50-100% of a park, that's real solid for him. Its not a bad strategy.

G Force- some people in there I'm very excited to build with. Definitely a rookie team too. We missed out on some players I would have loved to build with, but I'll always have other chances. G force is in it to win it too, and I love the passion 

Nin: love the first half, second half doesn't mesh as well. But, the first half in charge with support from the rest could smash some amazing parks, and I have no doubt that nin is competent and skilled enough to take this great places.

Louis: He stole a lot of people I'd love to work with, but I'm just not sure about the team. I'd loved to be proved wrong, as there's some keen faces in there itchy to make their mark as H2H rookies. Louis is a cheeky boy after all, I'm sure he's got plans.

I think our team is the most cohesive/reliable, but time will tell. Alex's is up there too with my most anticipated.

• chorkiel%s's Photo

I expect some trading, so I'll keep this post minimal for now. All teams are strong. I'm noticing a preference for established players opposed to up and coming players, for myself.

1. alex

2. Liam

3. ][ntamin22

4. nin

5. G Force

6. Louis!

• FredD%s's Photo

I must say, Intamin22 did great on the drafting yesterday. I think he had a great drafting tactic and took away some names Liam really wanted, I mean picking Faas and Tolsimir before Liam is huge. I'm sure Liam expected them to on his team. Intamin also has Fisch, which was everyone's nr1 pick in mock drafts but Liam didn't want to take the risk to lose Steve.

It are all great teams and I'm looking forward to see how they will perform together. 

• Faas%s's Photo

I must say, Intamin22 did great on the drafting yesterday. I think he had a great drafting tactic and took away some names Liam really wanted, I mean picking Faas and Tolsimir before Liam is huge. I'm sure Liam expected them to on his team. Intamin also has Fisch, which was everyone's nr1 pick in mock drafts but Liam didn't want to take the risk to lose Steve.

It are all great teams and I'm looking forward to see how they will perform together. 

Tosimir and I are being held hostage, send help!  

• RWE%s's Photo

Team Liampie

And again people seem to be unsure about what Liam is going for. Yesterday many people thought that ][22 picked him away a lot of builders he wanted. I must say that i expect liam to have thought about that scenario, but i also have to say that i'm also not knowing what this team will do, which makes me even more excited what they will come up with. Liam definitely picked some guys he knows well and already worked together, then he mixed some uprising talents like Ruya or Ion in, which is going to make things pretty interesting. If the more known and experienced members stay active and manage to use the rookies right, i can see this team doing great things again.

Liam ©; Steve; Cedarpoint6; bigshootergill; Sulakke; RuyataxRCT; Roomie; IonZer0; Six Frags; Che; Ultro

Team ][ntamin22

][22 took the Heaven's Kitchen/Atlas formula and made a team out of it, which is probably not a wrong thing to do. He also kind of based his whole team around Fisch: Tolsimir and Spacek are the most obvious examples for that overhere. With BG he got one of my favorite builders for h2h, worked together with him in h2h7, so i know he'll probably help the team a lot with his experience and guiding.

][ntamin22 ©; Fisch; Tolsimir; BelgianGuy; dr dirt; Faas; Disneylandian192; Coupon; Spacek531; Saxman1089; Camcorder22

Team alex

Alex' team basically looks like high risk high reward for me. Sure, looking at the names it might be strong, but alex will have to do very well as a cap to keep all these difficult personalities together. Kumba could help with that, or be a difficult personality himself, i think he is an important factor overhere. Alex also kind of did the same thing as ][22 with Fisch by making his team around shogo. If they manage to keep everything together, this team could almost win every round, but i'm kind of doubting that at the moment.

alex ©; Shotguns?; AvanineCommuter; Inthemanual; Kumba; FK+Coastermind; Julow; Rene; Jaguar; zxbiohazardzx; Iron Rattler

Team G Force

For the VC yesterday, G made the most obvious picks. He picked some cool combinations, that i could definitely see doing a wining park and his team is definitely very cohesive. Getting Maverix 7th round was an amazing pick. Ziscor 3rd round was an interesting call of course, going to be interesting since he only knows archy. I don't know what else to write about that team, it just looks like G did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people about their opinions, since he picked a lot of builders the people wanna see, like roygbiv, CC9 and Ziscor.

G Force ©; Cocoa; Stoksy; Ziscor; Roygbiv; CoasterCreator9; Jappy; Maverix; In:Cities; WouterVL; Ottersalad

Team nin

Glad to see Leon getting the recognition he deserves. Also getting Austin as a potential floater was a big move from nin. Otherwise this team not only could lead into an LL park by Poke+SSSammy(+Gamma) but might also lead into a NCSO park with that RCT2Day pick. This team might surprises us much more than the last version of nin's Replacements, i can also see a lot of activity in the team forum overhere, with nin picking some of the most active and hyped guys of the community like Bubbsy or Leon, going to be interesting to see them in the combination with the more calm guys.

nin ©; WhosLeon; Pacificoaster; Bubbsy41; gdb; SSSammy; Poke; RCT2Day; Casimir; Austin55; GammaZero

Team Louis!

Always difficult to write about your own team, i think Louis got a nice cohesive team overhere. People who are saying we're missing big names probably never heard of rob and trav. Like nin's team we got a lot of active guys that are going to communicate a lot. Also we got 4 unchoosen captains in our team, which might also be something to mention, so the motivation is definitely on our site. Also great to see V1 gets his chance, i think he improved a lot lately and he is going to surprise some people massively. I'm glad to be a part of this team, and i'm looking forward to see what we'll come up with.

Louis! ©; trav; robbie92; Recurious; Coasterbill; RWE; Terry Inferno; FredD; Scoop; Mr Brightside711; Version1
  • trav%s's Photo

Stealing RWE's format.

Team Liampie

On paper, I think this is the weakest team; and that's fantastic. Liam and Steve are stalwarts of course, but I question how active CP6 will be. BSG is a great pick, but I don't feel like there's anyone on this team, apart from maybe Liam himself and maybe Ultro who would go along with his building style. Of course Liam missed out on some typical Liam memebers, like Tolsimir, but I think it's all the better for it to be honest. I'm sure there's a trade waiting to happen there that Liam will try to push for, but I'd love to see Liam try it with some new members and a 'weaker' team.

One thing I do think is a bit of a missed opportunity here is that Liam had the chance to get Six Frags in R9 rather than Che, making Six Frags a floater, which would be an incredible late round steal. 

Team ][ntamin22

People, including myself, were questioning how ][22 was gonna take this draft, and as it turns out he's just drafted Heaven's Atlas from 3 years ago. I mean, it was a winning formula so why not. I really hope ][22 keeps Tolsimir, just to put Liam in a difficult spot, and because I don't think anyone Liam can offer would fit into this team better than Tolsimir. Maybe BSG? BSG + BG + ][22 could be a tasty park. 

Overall a solid draft, but it'll be interesting to see what kinda parks they go for.

Team alex

Really not sure about this one. At first I thought this looked like the strongest team, but I think if you take Shogo and Alex out, you're left with a lot of builders who haven't been around much since last H2H. Of course, alex has got the most productive floater in Biohazard, so that could balance things out. I'm sure we're gonna see some sort of Avanine + FK + Jaguar high fantasy park cranked out at some point, which could be this season's La Reve. 

Team G Force

Looking at it more now, I think G may have the weakest team next to Liam. Cocoa and Stoksy are great, but after that there's a lot of unproven talent in there. I:C is a H2H veteran so I'm expecting some good things from him, and Maverix is there to add some great layouts I'm sure, but Ziscor R3, Roygbiv R4 and CC9 R5 seems like G is banking a lot on rookies. Not necessarily a bad thing if they have some good ideas behind them.

I'd be looking out for a G Force + CC9 + Maverix realism masterclass here, and some thunder from down under between Cocoa + Stoksy, with maybe a hint of spice from Ziscor. 

Team nin

I'm excited but also confused by this team. Nin, Pac and Bubbsy have shown that they can all work together previously, and that they're stylistically very similar overall, with that heavy detailing and deco block useage throughout. Leon as a first pick here is what concerns me. I love Leon and his work...but who does he have to work with in this team? Gdb is reasonably similar, but lies somewhere in between the clean deco style of Nin/Pac and the thicker atmosphere style of Leon. Poke is great with atmospheres, but tends to focus more so on NCSO/NinCSO (Rct2day match there). 

I really hope to be proven wrong cos I'd love to see a fantastic Nin/Leon/Bubbsy park, but I sadly don't see this team getting the most out of Leon. 

Team Louis!

I'm of course going to be a little biased, but I think FredD and Scoop as R7/R8 are absolute steals. FredD has shown how he can create thick atmospheres with Arevik, and Scoop is one of the current best realism builders on the site, but is actually extremely active. Of course me in R1 does make the team a lot weaker overall, and realistically me and Robbie should definitely be swapped at the very least, and Recurious R3 is a very big risk, but I think our R4 - R8 picks were the best of the whole draft. 

Overall;

1. Team ][22
    2. Team Alex
    3. Team Nin
    4. Team Louis / Team G Force
    5. Team Louis / Team G Force
    6. Team Liam
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I was gonna wait until after the trading period, but fuck it, the hype is far too real.

STEVES POST-DRAFT BREAKDOWN

Well start with ][ntamin22s (god this username is so fucking annoying to type. Am I the only one who feels this way? No? All right.) team. Because shit, this was the shakeup of the draft for me. What a fucking power play by taking Tolsimir. What a fucking savage. Still reeling from it. Regardless, an okay team. Fisch, the guy who didnt get first overall pick, is the star here and could have a great pairing with BelgianGuy if he manages to stick around and not abandon his future family for a rollercoaster simulator contest. Coupon could been a great late round steal if he delivers, but the dude could probably barely deliver a pizza let alone at least half of a park. James aka Sacman could be a sleeper pick and I see him improving with this contest but I also see him getting a divorce once his wife realizes how much time this contest eats up (just kidding, kind of). Overall, a risky team with a lot of people who are posed to drop out at any given moment to change a diaper or apply at the local Papa Johns franchise.

Next up we have team alex, another name that infuriates me because its not fucking capitalized and I have to stop my auto-correct on my iPhone every. single. time. Can one of the admins fix this before I go even more grey than I already am (my mom says it makes me look distinguished, okay?)? Anywhoozle, what a team. And when I say what a team I mean man, what a time bomb. Alex (gah!) managed to craft a team just ready to implode in drama and scandal. shotguns? is notorious for being a party pooper and Kumba will probably try and run everything right in the middle of a flag football time out. Overall though, the potential pairings here are hard to ignore. An AvanineCommuter and FK+Coastermind (Jesus, Im just realizing how everyones name sucks here) park could be revolutionary if they commit to the contest. Even if shotguns? steps up for some fantasy work he could spice the pair up to a trio. Kumba and inthemanual could also potentially create a solid realism piece. This is the team to watch, if only for the sheer likelihood that it will come crashing down harder than Kumba himself after hes taken his meds.

CRIKEY. First timer G Rusty Force has assembled a team. He managed to go at it with a pencil and paper, Truth IPA in-hand. The results? Well, its possible that Rusty is an Outback Steakhouse fan, maybe. Reeling in two Aussies, cocoa and Stoksy, I get the feeling that as captain he hadnt realized he just drafted man buns galore and a straight up weirdo. However, the pairing on an actual park could be solid. Rusty has also managed to craft an up and coming realism team where grey paths and black roofing are sure to be bountiful and are sure to infuriate me. Well get some great work from Rusty no doubt and some great realism pairings can be made of CoasterCreator9 and even Maverix. The red-headed stepchild of New Element, in:Cities, has yet to prove himself in the game, but has far exceeded expectations in being able to create a burrito chain facade on a 5x5 piece of land.

Back for another taste of likely defeat, nin has somehow weaseled his way in as captain yet again. Was it bribery? Maybe. Will we see endless photos of Back to the Future film poses? Unfortunately. However, what nin lacks in wooing the ladies and how to get himself out of 70s-styled vests, he makes up for in drafting a decent team. Led by WhosLeon, an up and comer eager to prove himself, the team is backed by arguably the best parkmaker of the modern era: Pacficoaster. Will we get yet another H2H park from the DAW creator or has nin risked it all on a crazy gamble? As much as I want to see another park as great as DAW, I also want nin to lose. Am I a bad friend? Maybe. Regardless, we will see some stand out performances I think from some of the more well rounded players such as Bubbsy41 and SSSammy. In closing, though, fuck nin.

Local bae and recently married to someone who surprisingly isnt me, Louis is back on the H2H scene as captain. Going into the draft Louis was poised to assemble the gayest of teams the contest has ever witnessed, but he managed to only get trav, who is also the ref. Expect a lot of scandal on this team, if only because Louis enjoys drama and because robbie92 is a crybaby who is still mad Worlds Fair lost three years ago. With that said, some good pairs to be had here. Id like to see a Louis/robbie92 park and maybe even Recurious, a promising parkmaker on the rise. Louis also managed to draft coasterbill, a drinker of Bud Light and a guy who make literally anything into an object as a desperate cry for attention and to distract from how awful he actually is. This team also features a disc golf player, and robot. We have a referee, two gays, a drunk, a disc golfer, and a robot. You had me at two gays, Louis.

Anyway, there we have it. Not sure what it is, but its there somewhere. Feel free to check for any grammatical errors and send me a PM about it, so I can get the email notification for it and then ignore it for several weeks. Thanks, yall!
  • saxman1089%s's Photo

Poor Liam. Apparently his team isn't good enough to even get mentioned. Heaven's Neglects, amirite?

• Lilith%s's Photo
    heavens parkmakers because they all old and ded
  • Coupon%s's Photo

steve im delivering 10 pizzas to you by the end of the summer

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    I enjoyed this so much steve, i love how much you dole out the harshness

Also i chopped the manbun half a year ago
  • DylChill616%s's Photo

Ah man

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Post of the year.

• Mr.Brightside711%s's Photo
    You had me at two gays, Louis. 

Make it 3

• Xeccah%s's Photo

Alex's team is equally as gay as louis's. It cancels out. 

• Jappy%s's Photo

This is the best thing of H2H so far.

• Louis!%s's Photo

You had me at two gays, Louis.

There's at least 4 of us boo :kiss:

• Xeccah%s's Photo

Who's the fourth?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading