H2H8 / Takeaways from H2H8

• Steve%s's Photo
    I was going to say something, but then Liam said it for me.
  • saxman1089%s's Photo

I thought the same and therefore collected the shares in excel :p

So let's see them! =)

• CHE%s's Photo

So let's see them! =)

As soon as RR is over I will!

• Julow%s's Photo

From a spectator point of view, it's just too bad it goes so fast, we can't really enjoy the parks how they would deserve to be appreciated, I and probably many other people here have too much stuff to do IRL to deal with that much activity on the website. There's too much stuff going on at the same time. The parks deserve to be analyzed and reviewed properly. 

Maybe some people here (the hardcore players) can do that, but I think H2H needs to be more "public friendly" with more visible announcements on the home page for every round (not only screenshots).

From a player point of view, there's maybe too much rules and limitations. I think it could be so much better if people could be allowed to build on whatever park they want, with a % limitation as said before for example. One thing that should stay is discovering the parkmakers only when vote ends, that's my favorite thing in H2H. Always so much surprise. 

My main concern would be the contest emptiness after H2H. It feels like nothing is worth if it isn't H2H. There's too much wait between every contest (one H2H every 4 years...). Even between NEDC and H2H for example in 2017 and 2018. We could do so much stuff : theme contests, survival maps, etc... 

• shnupz%s's Photo

From a spectator point of view, it's just too bad it goes so fast, we can't really enjoy the parks how they would deserve to be appreciated, I and probably many other people here have too much stuff to do IRL to deal with that much activity on the website. There's too much stuff going on at the same time. The parks deserve to be analyzed and reviewed properly. 

Maybe some people here (the hardcore players) can do that, but I think H2H needs to be more "public friendly" with more visible announcements on the home page for every round (not only screenshots).

From a player point of view, there's maybe too much rules and limitations. I think it could be so much better if people could be allowed to build on whatever park they want, with a % limitation as said before for example. One thing that should stay is discovering the parkmakers only when vote ends, that's my favorite thing in H2H. Always so much surprise. 

My main concern would be the contest emptiness after H2H. It feels like nothing is worth if it isn't H2H. There's too much wait between every contest (one H2H every 4 years...). Even between NEDC and H2H for example in 2017 and 2018. We could do so much stuff : theme contests, survival maps, etc... 

I agree, as a spectator for the third time. Those announcements on the front page should actually link to the parks, and the screenshots posted when a park is uploaded should also have a link to that park in the description.

I hope next time, if there is a next time, who voted on what, who built on what, and how many votes each park has stays anonymous until the entire round is finished, so people don't tactically vote or get affected by bias. You can't stop it from happening, people are immature and should know better, but you can discourage it like that. I also think we shouldn't know which team built which park until either the matchup or round finishes.

I would love to see more non H2H contests (smaller than H2H) in between seasons, NEDC and the Olympics were really cool, and its been a while since the last Micro Madness. Really excited for H2H8/8
  • Recurious%s's Photo

I hope next time, if there is a next time, who voted on what, who built on what, and how many votes each park has stays anonymous until the entire round is finished, so people don't tactically vote or get affected by bias. You can't stop it from happening, people are immature and should know better, but you can discourage it like that. I also think we shouldn't know which team built which park until either the matchup or round finishes.

I agree with this, although I think in practice this will also not work. Because you can often guess who built what by just looking at who is commenting on the parks and also just because how people react you can often guess to which team a park belongs. I do think though that if there is another H2H the voting system should be changed. The current system is way too fraud sensitive and you can say "honour system" all you want but it just isn't happening. Icons caught a lot of slack for R4 and rightfully so, but vote manipulation also definitely happened in other rounds. I think this can only be changed by significantly changing the voting system.

I think a % limitation per player would be a mistake. If you have a couple people on your team who don't really have a lot of time or who are not really that active in building you are going to end up with a lot of unfinished parks because the more active players can not pick up the slack.

I also agree with Julows statement that the rounds are to quickly after each other. Some parks didn't really get a lot of in depth reviews because everyone was already focusing on the next round. I also think because there is so little time between each round the hype for each round and each park is kind of reduced. If there is a longer period between parks being released then each park would become more "special" so to say. Right now you are just bombarded with a lot of high quality parks which makes people less and less impressed.

Another thing that I notice is that lot of parks did not get accolade scores yet, even some that went in quite early rounds like E.V.I.L. which is a bit ridiculous if you ask me. A lot of accolade panelists voted in the match ups so clearly they already looked at the parks. How much effort is it really to give a park an accolade score? I think the panelists should either get off their asses or it is time to get some new panelists in the panel.

• Scoop%s's Photo

I volunteer as tribute for the panel. 

• Wanted%s's Photo
    Bring back #HiRollers

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading