H2H8 / Round robin builder shares

• CHE%s's Photo

As we have quite some fans of statistics and analysis among us (and being one myself), let's have a closer look on the builder shares of the round robin. Feel free to share your thoughts or to use the data for your own analysis! Not permitted to upload excel sheets :p

TEAM OVERVIEW

Heaven's Gallery

Attached Image: RR_heavensgallery.png
    R1: Durham, Knaresborough and Staithes
    R2: Feira do Flamengo
    R3: Forum Caeleste
    R4: Incident at Billy Wonka's
    R5: Metropolis

Liampie is sticking out being the busiest player of the team and of all captains.

Team Spacecrab

Attached Image: RR_spacecrab.png
    R1: Dig Site 4
    R2: Studio Ghibli
    R3: A Year In Winkelheim
    R4: Mount Haystack Ski Resort
    R5: Romon U Park

saxman1089 showed great effort with significant shares on every round.

UltraRealists

Attached Image: RR_ultrarealists.png
    R1: Wit's End
    R2: Mictlan - La Tierra de los Muertos
    R3: E.V.I.L.
    R4: Park Guell
    R5: Mandala

Being the leader on two parks, it's no surprise that Shotguns? was the busiest player of round robin overall.

Strangelove

Attached Image: RR_strangelove.png
    R1: All Coasters Go To Heaven
    R2: Forgotten Mekong
    R3: Port Disney Hong Kong
    R4: Grand Central
    R5: Disney's Frontierland

Were the most even building shares of all teams key to success for Strangelove?

The Replacements

Attached Image: RR_replacements.png
    R1: Tahendo Zoo
    R2: Mzima Springs
    R3: Castles'n'Coasters
    R4: Ruigrijk
    R5: A Far Cry From Home

Four core builders contributed over 80% to the team's round robin parks.

Icons

Attached Image: RR_icons.png
    R1: Motherland
    R2: Tubiao Action Park
    R3: Arendelle
    R4: North Fork Mountain Park
    R5: The Apprenticeship

The Icons show another quite evenly spread building shares, with Scoop being a quite busy late pick.

PARKS/BUILDER

How many parks have the players worked on?

5 parks: 3 players, three of the floaters used their chances to build on every round: saxman1089, zxbiohazardzx and Version1
    4 parks: 1 players, ottersalad.
    3 parks: 5 players, the remaining floaters gammazero and CHE, also Liampie, alex and RWE, who reached the maximum of three parks for regular players already in round robin.
    2 parks: 17 players
    1 park: 40 players

BUILDERS/PARK

How many players have contributed to the parks?

1 player: 0 parks, we haven't seen a pure solo so far.
    2 players: 2 parks, The Replacements offered us both duos of round robin: Tahendo Zoo and Castles'n'Coasters.
    3 players: 8 parks
    4 players: 20 parks, the new floater rule that allowed an additional fourth player on a park really made an impact.

• G Force%s's Photo
    Fucking carried m8.
  • saxman1089%s's Photo

Nice CHE! I love it!

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    I’d say a 95% share is pretty close to a pure solo, but I guess technically it’s not. Still seems weird to call it a “duo” :p
  • CHE%s's Photo

I’d say a 95% share is pretty close to a pure solo, but I guess technically it’s not. Still seems weird to call it a “duo” :p

Fully agree, and Tubiao is even a trio technically :p

• G Force%s's Photo
    H2H rules consider any park with a 95% share a "solo". Though I guess for this that doesn't really apply.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

Were the most even building shares of all teams key to success for Strangelove?

gonna lock in "yep"

gonna lock in "yep"

Gonna lock in “nope”

Strangelove arguably went up against the weakest Park in each team’s lineup, with the exception of Haystack which they ended up losing to.

Tahendo
    Mictlan
    Arendelle
    Haystack
    Metropolis

:p
  • Scoop%s's Photo

yeah but something like tahendo is not a weak park in comparison to the other three wins. I think they earned their spot but arguable a fluke for four wins.

yeah but something like tahendo is not a weak park in comparison to the other three wins. I think they earned their spot but arguable a fluke for four wins.

The question is if ACGTH would beat CnC, Dutch Park, Mzima, or A far cry from home?
  • Scoop%s's Photo

I doubt it.

I doubt it.

Case in point :p
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    Nobody is more suprised than us that we've ended up on top so far. But we're in a great place with some great talent left to work with, so we're excited for the postseason matches :)
  • G Force%s's Photo
    Maybe if you were better AVC we wouldn't of faced your teams worst park.
  • Scoop%s's Photo

Case in point :p
      case not in point.  Your splitting hairs at that point. Even the shares prove what the community thought was a more quality park or not. 

Maybe if you were better AVC we wouldn't of faced your teams worst park.

Wouldnt have*

And insulting me is futile when everyone already knows Mictlan is the weakest of our lineup. Does that change the fact that Strangeloves 4-park win was due to lucky matchups rather than even shares? Not one bit. ;)
  • Iron Rattler%s's Photo

Can't really reach a conclusion over whether solos or collabs are more successful with this small a sample size, but it does seem like they can lead to win. Technical h2h solos went 2-0 this season. If we extend it to 80% and up the record moves to 3-3. Though one of the losses was E.V.I.L to CnC, a "solo" vs another solo.  *While Bubbsy did 80% on his round 5 park, can't really use that either way due to the nature of the match.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

What you're looking for is a WAR rating.  Or maybe a Wins Above Re:Placements?
    Something like [(Wins Above Replacement)/(Percentage Contribution Above Replacement)] plotted against draft pick position gives you Top Secret Liam Spreadsheet Strat Value

hop to it, saxcrab!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading