H2H8 / H2H8 Grand Finals - Team Spacecrab vs Heaven's Gallery

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Select your favorite park:

1. Zerzura 41 votes [83.67%]
    • chorkiel
    • G Force
    • SupraSix
    • RCThibo
    • GammaZero
    • FredD
    • 111112oo
    • RWE
    • giraty
    • In:Cities
    • Scoop
    • Bubbsy41
    • olddtfan51
    • tce_k
    • Kumba
    • thyeggman
    • Coasterbill
    • Chrixz
    • shnupz
    • Jappy
    • Wanted
    • Pacificoaster
    • MorganFan
    • djbrcace1234
    • posix
    • FK+Coastermind
    • Mr.Brightside711
    • JDP
    • Jaguar
    • Ling
    • Julow
    • Lilith
    • Deurklink
    • Goliath123
    • CoasterCreator9
    • Stoksy
    • geewhzz
    • AvanineCommuter
    • Xtreme97
    • Gustav Goblin
    • Ziscor
    Percentage of vote: 83.67%
  2. Heaven's End 8 votes [16.33%]
    • MK98
    • Poke
    • SupraTheHedgehog
    • MrTycoonCoaster
    • Lowenaldo
    • Dr_Dude
    • Thethrillman
    • ottersalad
    Percentage of vote: 16.33%
  • Turtle%s's Photo

I'm sure I missed a lot, what exactly would you have liked me to find?

My general feeling was that it was very difficult to tell what was going on, due to the overload of busy textures and cramped feel. If interesting parts aren't framed properly then they can be very easy to miss i'm sure. 

• Six Frags%s's Photo
    Maybe it's more fun finding out yourself?

I know it's busy and hard to read, almost everyone said that. It's a byproduct of the concept being flawed and the park generally being rushed as it's built in roughly a week. I just wanted to get a decently finished park in as a h2h Final deserves, so sacrifices had to be made. But I feel like repeating myself as I already explained that a few posts ago..
  • saxman1089%s's Photo

Okay, I'm making an effort to review all the H2H parks I missed throughout the season, and this is the most recent so I'm starting here. Just going to do a +/- type of review, as I think they end up the most balanced. Buuuttt, I'll do the minus first to end on a positive note!

- Overall cohesiveness and concept. My biggest issue with this park is how it seems to be a bunch of different things mish-mashed together. Only after a ton of looking did I start to understand it was an assortment of interesting takes on fairy tales. I think the original name you guys had would have informed this a lot better. 
    - Archy. This will also be on the plus list (stay tuned!). In some areas, it felt like once you'd seen a building, you'd seen all the buildings in the area. I think the entrance area was the biggest culprit, but the entrance area, the central castle, and the archy in the big bad wolf area were all pretty similar in styles. It just made me want to look less at each building, if that makes sense.

- Readability. Not a huge minus, but it felt really Ghibli-like in places (although not to the same extent). 

+ Love all the little things. Dead piglets at the big bad wolf coaster, witch and wizard fight near their namesake coasters, the dwarf guy in the mushroom area, the birds flying around the turret in the back corner, etc. Just so much to see and explore. I'm sure I could take hours looking at this park and not find anything. I think my favorite is the orc dozer.

+ The ride layouts are pretty good as well. Enjoyed the launched woodie especially, we don't see that very often! The dueling flyers are another highlight.

+ Archy. Loved the diversity of each of the other sections throughout the park, each of those sections had something unique about them that made them very distinct, and I thought all of the archy was very well made in general.

+ Foliage, same comments as the archy, it made for very distinct areas and really informed each of them.

I really suck at writing long reviews... anyway, an 80% from me, which I upped from 75% after taking a longer look at the park. Great finals match, and a well-deserved second place for sure.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

if we could have a definition of what a head-2-head park is, i'm sure zezura is it. the best way i can accurately describe my thoughts about this park is that it it is a kumba park, if darren had an eye for aesthetics. by no means is this really a good or bad thing; it's an extremely overwhelming park to look at. it's look a really nice looking steak, with perfect char marks, but it's well-done. sure it's tasty, but it's hard to digest. 

to be fair, you guys weren't going for elegance here. you gave people what they want without the pretense of doing some geographic location with unnecessary accuracy, and for that. i appreciate it. both finals parks felt like the usual h2h playoffs game of shooting shit at a 70x70 wall and seeing what sticks. luckily for ya'll that worked out really well and a park with a very interesting theme, an intriguing narrative, and an unparalleled amount of movement and h2h details that one can tastefully fit on such a small map came out as the end result.

it's not my favorite spacecrabs park, nor it it my favorite playoffs park,  but it did deserve the win and at the end of the day that's what matters. 

• Xeccah%s's Photo

a park like heaven's end relies on elegance to work, and sadly that's one of the things its lacking the most. this park felt like the negative consequences of the "throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks" method of rct parkmaking. it shares a lot of that with ghibli, actually, albeit less tasteful aesthetically. noted, there is some stuff to like here, but for me the rushed edges and areas, along with some grotesque design choices that really i'd only imagine kumba making in modern day, leaves a lot to be desired. 

• Six Frags%s's Photo

:lol: I thought you left shotguns?

• posix%s's Photo

Love your analyses.

• dr dirt%s's Photo
    Not speaking for everyone on our park, but I’ll give a general response to the hiccups on the park mentioned. I can see the views on the park, I think everything brought up is completely fair, but to be honest, I took some of the criticism of Dig Site to heart, but this one I don’t care what was said. I mentioned it one discord, but I’ll repeat it here - to a certain degree I think the builders should decide what goes in and doesn’t go in a park. I’ve made comments on that in the past, but have been trying to avoid criticizing that way more and more.

I’m extremely happy with the reception of this one so it’s more of a point to address future parks and other people’s parks. The best decision maker on the park is the builder, not commenters. So if FredD wants to build a wild coaster, it’s not our decision. If we wanted rides in this, that’s how it’s gonna be. Moral of the story, we built what we wanted and envisioned and if that doesn’t line up with everyone, that’s fine and probably makes for an interesting park. Another point worth bringing up is as much as I enjoy discussing the art behind RCT, I don’t give any shits what the park is philosophically, and I hope nobody builds their parks that way or actually cares about it outside of fun conversation. We had an absolute blast and good times building this one, and not once were we concerned with any philosophy. Execution-wise, I’m fine with any criticisms, that makes sense and I like to hear it all. But for the conceptual side of that coin, we did what we wanted, I’ll continue to do so with my next works and I encourage others to do the same. The best part is the process and the fun memories of it anyways.
  • Royr%s's Photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk5M-n6_8-M

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Great video Roy!

Really nice to come back to our park, and I'm really proud once again what we as a team managed to cook up in such a small time window (screw all the haters :p )

Thanks for creating these awesome videos!

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Indeed, very nice work Roy! And I like these last two videos being delayed, it's a nice trip down memory lane. So far removed from the drama, the memories of these parks are sweeter.
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo

Awesome dude! Love the video, well composed with the tunes! So thankful you were able to finish off the last couple parks! Great season HG!!!!

• Royr%s's Photo

Thank you guys, i´m glad you liked the Video! And Yes!, it was an awesome expierence and i am glad that I participated! 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading