General Chat / Writing

• dr dirt%s's Photo

Anybody at NE enjoy writing of any form - creative fiction, academic, non-fiction, short stories, novels, etc.?  It's been a long-standing dream of mine to be able to have a work of fiction published, and at the end of this H2H I realized I was channeling any creative energies into RCT, which started to feel too narrow.  I'd been writing short fiction here and there, never really consolidating it or even collecting it, so it's scattered amongst flash drives and notebooks.  I thought perhaps there were others out there who may like to share their writing, get feedback, and read other writings of NE members.  Maybe a small group could serve as a nest egg for someone (or several) to develop and expand as a writer.  I created a Discord group to share writing and suggest reading - all are welcome to join, including those who'd just like to read or suggest reading.

For those not into using Discord, maybe this topic could serve as a good place to share excerpts from your writing, or just as an alternate place of discussion.  Perhaps, periodically, I'll post some stuff in this topic so those who aren't interested in the Discord can read some of NE's writing - perhaps others will share too.  I'll try to get new writing in soon to share with the discord (hopefully something in a large-format, like a novella), so I'm not stuck into sharing old pieces.

I'd also be just as interested in hearing from you all what sort of writing you like, who are some of your favorite authors, perspectives on literature, whatever.  It's a whole open avenue for channeling creative energies, and I'd figured the artistic nature of NE and RCT would likely have some writers in the group, or folks with an eye for literature.  I'll probably post some bigger thoughts on the subject here, outside the scope of a Discord chat, as well.  Here's the link to the group for any writers & readers out there:

https://discord.gg/QWrw7au

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I'm there already :)

I reckon the vibe should be "we'll give you feedback if you ask" and otherwise no judgement- just share your writing regardless if you think its terrible. I'm sure I can find something to like in anything!

• chorkiel%s's Photo

I mostly write in Dutch, but am interested in seeing what others produce :)

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I enjoy writing a little bit, but the closest thing to writing an actual story or whatever is actually the updates for my timeline park. :lol: Thinking about publishing that as a novella.
  • wayniepainie%s's Photo

I write novels my latest is, 'Owen Pendragon Guild of the Round table. I have two follow ups in the making.

• dr dirt%s's Photo

That's awesome waynie, are you writing novels full time?  I'd be interested to hear your story on how you got into writing, as well as your experience with the publishing process, just out of curiosity.  Also would be very insightful if you could share your writing process.  I feel as though my attempts have been rather slapdash at writing stories longer than 1000 words.  In a way, I want to be able to just type away and edit later so I don't have it planned out, but I get caught up in working out everything as I go.  Sort of on both sides of the fence of going expressively and open and going planned and boxed in, so I don't know if I'm setting myself up for failure trying to write something novel-length.

• MrTycoonCoaster%s's Photo
    Writing is a gift, reading is important in many ways.
    I do not have this gift, but I like to read because it helps to increase knowledge and we can even say that it improves our grammar.
    I read books about Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg (facebook), Larry Page & Sergey Brin (Google), Count of Monte Cristo, Lord of the Rings but for a few years now, I confess that time is missing, lots of things to do.
  • Julow%s's Photo

I can write things

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading