Music Forum / SSSammy's music thread

• SSSammy%s's Photo

hey guys i released a new song. its a cover of colin hay's "waiting for my real life to begin"

https://soundcloud.c...l-life-to-begin

also i have a website you can check out here

https://www.samuelwilliamgray.com/

let me know what you think!

• posix%s's Photo

Congrats Sam!!

How fantastic to listen to your album on iTunes. I'm always baffled by the transformation your voice has gone under. Don't hate me but you remind me of Bryan Adams, and the guitar sound of Tommy Emmanuel.

Camerashy is beautiful. In fact I think the best songs are when you go a bit more electro, like Trained, too.

The train announcement on women is genius. "Please take all your emotional baggage when you alite" hahaha.

Interesting early 00s vibes sometimes. Did you listen to the Strokes then? Only worry I feel is that your music is a bit too well behaved for me at times and could use some edge.

My sincere best of success wishes to you. Looking forward for more.

• SSSammy%s's Photo

thanks so much for the kind words posix. its interesting you managed to pick out the strokes lol, i listen to a lot of the strokes cause theyre on my ipod haha. im really glad you enjoyed it, i 100% agree i need to be more risky and scuff up the sound a bit, i think the academics of the album got in the way of the spirit a bit

• Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    I listened to “Waiting for my real life to begin” twice.

Very impressed with the mix and production, so professional. Nice use of reverb and delay. Guitar work was amazing. Loved the composure, in particular where the electric guitars build and disappear. Good voice too, perhaps just needs a bit of polish and somwhat more confidence, but has already great presence and uniqueness. Percussion/drums worked well. Sound effects in the background were fitting and meshed well with the music. Overall it’s outstanding.

Will try to check out the website later.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading