Micro Madness 2019 / MM3 - General Info & Sign-ups

• RWE%s's Photo

i wonder how many forfeits we are going to see. Hope all groups will have 4 people in them...

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Hope that's not a 24 hour warning shot before the first match gets posted Liam :D

• Tolsimir%s's Photo
    First glance at all overviews: incredible quality
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Definitely. It's a bit cliche to say that the quality is higher than ever before, but I'm pretty sure this round is the densest, toughest round in any micro madness match in history so far.

• ottersalad%s's Photo

Thanks for the fun competition everyone. I enjoyed participating this year, and I hope I contributed something positive this year! I'm not the best micro builder, but I hope I left a better impression on the community than I did last Micro Madness!! And, thank you to the mods for putting in all the work behind the scenes. I really appreciate the work you guys do! Good luck to the finalists.. excited to see what happens.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Conclusions

Most of us will probably agree that MM3 was a tremendous success, and most of us will probably agree that another edition of Micro Madness sometime in the future would be a good idea. We're looking forward to hearing how you experienced the contest as a whole, and whether you feel like we can improve the contest in any way. Please share your feedback and ideas below!
  • Jappy%s's Photo

I will probably not be the only one that'll say they were surprised by the astounding quality in some of the micros we've seen in MM3. The contest has gronw in a sort of mini-H2H but without all the drawbacks. It's loose, fun, and you're completely free to do whatever you want without any restraints. Although I already found it quite hard to come up with ideas for the second round, I'll definitely sign up next edition.

• In:Cities%s's Photo

I really enjoyed it. I surprised myself in that I was able to submit 3 fully finished entries - and it got me building again. The contest itself was ran very smoothly, and brought more interest into the community as a whole. Excited for the next one; whenever that may be.

• MrTycoonCoaster%s's Photo
    Total success without a doubt, was very cool, fun, instructive, interesting.
    Accept my suggestions: (just examples, ok)

MICRO OR MÉDIUM OR MACRO MADNESS with specific themes, maybe 60x60 sizes maximum, so we can launch bigger ideas with more ground to build.

EXAMPLES: (in this case I mean that all players must build on the given theme)

01) Park with trains only
    02) Park with Roller Coasters only
    03) Park with lifts only
    04) Park only terror style
    05) Park only futuristic style
    06) Park Only Old West Style
    07) Park-only style town-houses-buildings
    08) Jungle style park with mountains
    09) Park only space style
    10) Park only water style (in this case only rides water)
    11) Park with castles or palaces only
    12) Park only with Giga Coaster or any other specific ride
    13) Park only with the ride Enterprise or Reverse Ship, it's just an idea.
    14) Park style theme SUPER MARIO, PACMAN, SPIDER MAN etc ...

:)
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

Between the last three MMs, I think there's been some stylistic shifts as to what wins matches. In MM1, I think ideas were stronger, and some of the more clever ones would win without nearly the level of execution we expect today. In MM2, I think content tended to win. Bigger, taller parks with more stuff did better. Now I think it's become more about how well things are done. I think you still needed some level of unique ideas and substantial content, but the real distinguishing factors were in execution, composition, and attention to detail. Of those, I think composition mattered the most, because we had a few parks that were full of ideas and good, quality content, but were poorly composed and hard to read and they suffered significantly as a result.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading