Micro Madness 2019 / MM3 - Rules & Regulations

• Liampie%s's Photo

Rules & Regulations

Building your park

(1) There are no restrictions as to which games and which and how much scenery you can use. LL, NCSO and the RCT2 expansions are allowed. Keep in mind that depending on which games you've used, not everyone will be able to see your park in the way you intended. Using LL textures and expansion objects in RCT2 is therefore discouraged.
    (2) Each submission may be no larger than 225 or 15x15 tiles. You may shape this area in any way you like, but it must be a single, continuous area. You cannot create several unconnected 'islands'. Tiles that are used for the park entrance, to bring peeps to the functional portion of the map or other features that have no cosmetic value do not count towards the tile limit. Wall pieces and other 'flat' scenery pieces may be build on the outside of the tiles adjacent to your map, without those tiles counting towards the limit.
    (3) To ensure that everyone has the same amount of time for their entry, your park must be especially constructed for Micro Madness. You cannot recycle older work in the form of buildings, set pieces, ride layouts or other large physical elements. Recycling overall concepts, ideas and techniques is allowed.
    (4) You are not allowed to share your work with others. This includes sharing through screenshots, streams or similar media. This means you also cannot get other players to perform hacks for you. It is allowed, however, to request new custom scenery objects.
    (5) The admin team holds the right to expand or modify these rules during the contest.

Submitting your park

(1)Your park must be submitted before the deadline. If your park isn't received in time, a forfeit will be ruled.
    (2) You can submit your entry by sending it to the NE Official account by PM. Include the words 'MM3', the round number (R1, R2, R3 or R4) and your username in the title of the message; you can name your savegame anything you like.
    (3) Breaking any of the rules above may result in disqualification or a penalty.
    (4) The admin team holds the right to expand or modify these rules during the contest.

Schedule
    Round 1 deadline: April 7th 2019*
    Round 2 deadline: April 28th 2019*
    Round 3 deadline: May 19th 2019*
    Final deadline: June 9th 2019*
    *All deadlines are 23:59 GMT, 7:59 PM EST, 24:59 CET

If you have any questions, leave a comment and we'll address it.
  • Version1%s's Photo

So two questions right of the bat, just to have it here officially:

1. Do black tiles with stars count as tiles in the contest or as blacktiles?

2. You say we can't create seperate islands. I assume that just means that the contest relevant tiles have to be adjacent to another but you can actually leave a bit of space between actual theming?

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    No islands, but are donuts allowed?
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Are matches going to be anonymous?
  • Tolsimir%s's Photo

does unconnected mean physically unconnected or visually?

• maddkattunge%s's Photo

What do LL and NCSO mean?

• Recurious%s's Photo
    Loopy Landscapes and No Custom Scenery Only
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

^just to clarify, in case you're super new here. "LL" is the second expansion pack to rct1 and so people usually call any parks made in rct1 "LL". Its a bit of a historical thing, because a lot of the most useful scenery and stuff only came out with that expansion pack.

"custom scenery objects" are objects not included with the base, "vanilla" rct2 game. some people prefer to play with just the original scenery pieces and not custom ones that have been made by us/fans/etc in the last 20 years since the game came out (which you can find by downloading most parks in our database)

• MrTycoonCoaster%s's Photo
    Sorry I'm learning, help me please:

the park can only have a maximum of (ground) 15x15?
    maximum select 225 objects?
    I researched maps and saw many (micro madness 2014), is to do something similar right?
  • MrTycoonCoaster%s's Photo
    https://www.nedesign...s/?fromsearch=1

ok i understand now :)
  • JimmyLaessig%s's Photo

I have been absent for some time, are OpenRCT submissions allowed? Edit: sorry for autocorrect

• inthemanual%s's Photo

yes

• Liampie%s's Photo

Q: Can we use blacktiles in colours other than black?
    A: Yes you can.

Q: Can we use blacktiles with stars or other details?
    A: No you can't. The area surrounding your micro must be smooth and featureless.

Q: Can we use blacktiles to block the view from certain angles, without those tiles counting towards the limit of 225 tiles?
    A: Yes you can.

Q: You say we can't create seperate islands. I assume that just means that the contest relevant tiles have to be adjacent to another but you can actually leave a bit of space between actual theming?
    A: Technically your micro must be one continuous surface of 225 tiles. If you want separate islands, make sure they fit within 225 tiles including the space between the islands.

Q: Does unconnected mean physically unconnected or visually?
    A: It's about which tiles are built on, those tiles have to be connected. But if you make a park that is visually connected while it's physically unconnected, like some kind of optical illusion, it will be acceptable nonetheless. As long as it appears to be a 225 tile micro.

Q: Are donut shaped maps allowed?
    A: Donuts are one continous shape, so yes! The tiles in the middle won't count.

Q: Are matches going to be anonymous?
    A: Not this time.

Attached Image: unknown.png

Q: Will these red tiles count towards the 225 tile limit?
    A: Nope!

• Camcorder22%s's Photo

Will diagonal landblocks on the edge of the map (half land and half black) be counted as full tiles or half tiles?  

• Ling%s's Photo

How/why would you do that? If it has anything (including land) on it, wouldn't it be counted?

• Camcorder22%s's Photo

I was thinking like the map edges in Zerzura 

Attached Image: zerzura.PNG

• Liampie%s's Photo

I'd say that's a full tile, otherwise I'm opening a whole can of worms with counting quarter tiles and shit.

• G Force%s's Photo
    I agree with Liampie. Rule 2 should be interpreted in a constructionalist manner, meaning interpret it as written and don't try to come up with clever ways to get around it or we'll ban you and take your lunch money.
  • Steve%s's Photo

I agree with Liampie. Rule 2 should be interpreted in a constructionalist manner, meaning interpret it as written and don't try to come up with clever ways to get around it or we'll ban you and take your lunch money.

Sounds about right, tbh.
  • csw%s's Photo

Who gets the enviable job of counting the number of tiles in each entry? 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading