Music Forum / MorganFan's Music

• MorganFan%s's Photo

Figured I might as well start this thread.

Hey guys, wrote a song this week and recorded some takes of it today. Here's a demo

artworks-000575667455-ngslwb-t500x500.jp

Thanks for listening

• G Force%s's Photo
    Pretty solid stuff, I like it, especially for an early recording.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo

Sounds nice man! You have great control over your voice. I'd really like to hear this recorded with better quality. Interesting chord choices as well.

Keep at it!

• posix%s's Photo

Very nice. Have more faith in your voice, it's good. Make it sound louder.

Duet with SSSammy over the internet?

• MorganFan%s's Photo

Hey guys, I really appreciate the responses you've given. I've been working on being more comfortable with my voice and hopefully this new song shows that.

Couldn't sleep so I recorded a cover of one of my favorite songs early in the morning:

Let It Happen (Jon Bap cover)

artworks-000596251202-v3qclr-t500x500.jp

Thank you for listening!

• MorganFan%s's Photo

I'm back!

In my efforts to get comfortable using Ableton, I did a new, non-demo version of the track Wen Ur Near and tried my hand at getting a good mix and even took some beginner steps in mastering. Long way to go, but I am really proud of how it came out.

wen ur near - lazy bloom

artworks-000617689447-r7f5n3-t500x500.jp

• G Force%s's Photo

I like the style a lot, can really do a lot with it I think.

• posix%s's Photo

Totally nice. Reminiscent of 2010 James Blake.

Funny how you're still sounding shy to sing given your voice is obviously good! I much like the experience of it going from lower to higher notes in a matter of seconds which was the case a few times during the song? Also when you mixed yourself in twice?

Do update again!

• Cocoa%s's Photo

thats a really solid song. great stuff

• MorganFan%s's Photo

Thanks guys, that really means a lot! It's so encouraging to hear both that my efforts paid off but also that I still have room to improve. There is more to come soon, so stay tuned!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading