General Chat / Save game got corrupted

• Meekimoto413%s's Photo

Went to play like normal.. all my rides are invisible and dont work anymore. I just started this park a week ago .. I liked where it was going too.. pissed.  Tried to salvage the landscape in scenario editor and the broken rides and people are stuck there as well.. I load my other parks and they work ok.  total bullshit and i dont wanna play anymore. What happened to this save?.. 

Attached Files

• G Force%s's Photo
    Always backup your saves. For example, with my current park I have over 900 saves for it. Maybe a little excessive, but it's to prevent such things from happening.

Never really seen this happen before, so I'm not sure what caused it.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

If you're willing to share your savegame (some of us are secretive about our parks), upload it as an attachment and me and others can take a look for you. Also check if you have any autosaves from before the file got corrupted - do you know where to find those?

• Meekimoto413%s's Photo

park is attached as a file.. see what you think

• Meekimoto413%s's Photo

I just shared my game file  should be in the general discussion thread

• Meekimoto413%s's Photo

no I don't know how to find autosaves

• G Force%s's Photo
    There should be a folder in your "saves" folder called autosaves.

It doesn't seem like you attached a file either.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    When uploading a file as an attachment, you have to wait for it to upload, and then there will be a button that says something like 'attach this file to post' or something like that. Until you do that it won't show up for us - sorry for the hassle. Do look for the autosaves! Like G Force says, it's in OpenRCT's 'saves' folder by default.
  • Meekimoto413%s's Photo

There were like 8 autosaves and they were all messed up too.. bogus.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading