(Archive) Advertising District / City of Adventure

• Cruiseden%s's Photo
    I have admired the work from many on this site and not sure whether this park is of the same caliber.

I call it "City of Adventure" and am trying to make it as realistic to a true theme park as possible. Thus, there is not thousands of buildings, etc. Also, many rides, shops, etc. are located within the buildings. However, I did attempt to create themed areas. At present the park is about 80% complete.

The picture below is the Main Entrace to the park. The "theatre marques" are the actual gates to the park. The remaining screens I have are at the "City of Adventure" link located with my sig.

I look forward to your comments.

Posted Image
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    It's a bit of a different style but I like it. Those buildings look like theming objects, I hope that doesn't mean it's a Wacky Worlds park because than I won't be able to see it. It does have a very realistic look too it that's pleasant. And I like the title. You must show more!

Oh, and welcome to New Element. :D
  • Cruiseden%s's Photo
    Thanks Ed...yes it is a Wacky park..and the rest of screens are thru the link under my sig. The buildings are all made with walls and roofs from Wacky and RTC2, not objects.
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    I will put my hatered for WW aside and say this park looks pretty good. The buildings are very realistic looking, and I love the Australian fountains. The rides look okay, but it's only your first park.

$Hevydevy B) $
  • iris%s's Photo
    Actually, kinda reminds me of the way Zoinks would make parks.
    Shame its WW, but it does look nice.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    hey ya i saw these screens at rct2.com the park looks really good but can anyone tell me where i can get those tropical roofs you have on the bamboo court.
  • Cruiseden%s's Photo
    The thatch roofs are ToonTowners.
  • Critic%s's Photo
    Nice, I like what I see from the screen. It gives it that "Quiet, Friendly" atmosphere.
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    Wow, those are, without a doubt, the single most realistic buildings I have ever seen. Which rises my suspicions.............. are those themeing objects? Or were those just made with the newly availably 'scenary' in WW? Either way, they are quite nice. Very out of place in an amusment setting, yet still nice.

Very good little mainstreet. I'm not a big fan of the empty spaces, but then again, most amusment parks do have empty spaces like that, which probably aids to your objective of making this park as realistic as possible. The park is most certainly not flawless by any means, yet I am having trouble putting my finger on anything that could be changed. I guess in the future you might want to try using ONLY 1/4 flowers as they are much more popular and look so much better than the full square ones. But then again, like everything else in RCT, the preferred flower types just go by opinion. I guess. Thats the only suggestion I have.

Definetly not bad for a first park (This is your first right?), good solid themeing. However, I hope that you are aware that very few people will be able to look at this as very few of us bothered to buy WW..............

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading