News / The List Updated!

• iris%s's Photo
    Posted Image

The List

Tons of new parks on The List, along with a couple other mini features.
    We now acknowledge all guest appearances on The List, and the Highest Position the park has ever been.
    We have two new parks in our top 5, including one debut (the other one just moved up), including a brand new park at #1....Seems like a whole lot of controversy has already gone down about this.
    A total of four new RCT2 parks have hit the List, along with a new LL park (a recent Spotlight...)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Interesting.

I like reading it a lot, but it's a shame about the inconsistencies (Moonlight Magic is still very close to being #1...)

But, ignoring that, it's cool, even though I don't agree with some of the movers :p

What happened to 10 to watch?
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Well, one of my favorites, Emporer of the Forgotten Realm, has nearly fallen off the page. Interesting seeing what new additions are being made, also. Junya Boy has made it up there, which was a nice surprise.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • Rct Flame%s's Photo
    Hmm....2 rct2 parks unreleased, on the list. I'd like to see them! It was cool to see MR finally up on the list, too bad I'm not on there though...lol like I've made a park worthy of the list. I'd also like to see 10 to watch back up.
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    IOAH #10??
    DEO #13??
    Too high if you ask me.

egypTopia belongs in higher
    ditto GOD

Good to see WBHA going up
    EOTFR is dropping :(

hmm....
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    I love what you do with the list..its such a good read, I just go here when I'm bored and read the list and parkmaker pages...its really incredible. I like the list update, everything is where it should be. I would really like to see Should Be's and Ten2Watch back though, those were also great to read.
  • sircursealot%s's Photo

What happened to 10 to watch?

It's still there. Just put 999 in the maximum parks per page
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    I think he meant recent.
  • sloB%s's Photo

I love what you do with the list..its such a good read, I just go here when I'm bored and read the list and parkmaker pages...its really incredible. I like the list update, everything is where it should be. I would really like to see Should Be's and Ten2Watch back though, those were also great to read.

I do the same thing thorpedo. this is such a great site
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    I'm rather sad about the absence of Prince Ashitaka's Everquest: Waters of the Past (or whatever) from the list. It it 10x better than some of those.

And yes, egyptopia should be much higher as well.
  • iris%s's Photo
    freak, I understand what you're saying about EverQuest.
    But it would have much more of a chance if I had seen it...
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Wow, I cant wait for ML&F and Junya's!

I assume they are runner-ups...
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    From that screen on MLF it sure looks similar to Centurion in Survivor :!!:

Other than that i was hoping SOV would get a good move up the list but that never happened.
    Egyptopia should be higher
    other than that its ok
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    Gosh, Emporer of Forgotten Realms was dropped to 50. Other than that I can understand everything else. I can't wait to see ML&F it looked great from the pics in the adv. district.

$Hevydevy B) $
  • Dixi%s's Photo

From that screen on MLF it sure looks similar to Centurion in Survivor  :!!:

Lol thats exactly what I thought!

Anyways, the list is a great feature. The ten to watch would be interestin if it gets an update. For the first time im able to see what the highest standards are (atleast in Iris's eyes) with an RCT2 park getting no.1 on the list.

Im also lookin forward to the release of Junya's and MLF. Should be a good month for RCT2! :D
  • Rct Flame%s's Photo
    Aha! I'm not the only one who wants the runner-up's released. Even if I don't get it then I can finally release the friggin park.

But yes, this is a very good month for RCT2, maybe the official "Takeover" month.
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo

From that screen on MLF it sure looks similar to Centurion in Survivor

Lol thats exactly what I thought!

That's because it is similar....... I told the creater of the Survivor entry that it did influence me a lot. But there are differences, as well as some of the same ideas too. But like most RCT parks you will see, 99% of what you will find has been done before. The Sicilian village was planned well before the Survivor entry was done anyway. What I saw just helped the cause! :D

As for the list, I was very surprised to see Mick and myself at #34. But since when was the park previously #32? ;)
  • Dixi%s's Photo

But like most RCT parks you will see, 99% of what you will find has been done before.

Yea thats true.

Just a quick question Iris.... Is the 'top ten to watch' going to be updated, or is it going to be replaced by those web site thingys you mentioned in Irisponse, the top parks in construction getting a small web site. ???
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    Great update Iris :)

I was very shocked to see Outrage move up, I was excepting it to go down same thing with DEO. Thanks anyways.

The list is great and such a nice read.

Oh and nice new additions can't wait to see them.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    You know what, I don't understand why RCT2 vs. LL is even an issue anymore. In the months since it's release a number of great RCT2 parks have been made as well as a number of great LL parks. Sure I've been comparing the number of RCT2 and LL parks in H2H2 but I'm only doing that for fun because I don't think it really matters. Creative people can build great things in each game. Each can do some things that the other can't. There's more options for hacking in LL but more varied options for architecture in RCT2. A lot of people have RCT2 and not LL and for some reason they want LL to fail or something. Why? Does it really meaning anything that an RCT2 park is #1? Does it mean LL is now finally dead? Not at all, it means one individual made a kick ass park. That's what it's always meant. Even if no LL park wins a spotlight again that does not mean LL is inferior, it just means that the creative parkmakers have moved on to RCT2 that's all. It's the parkmaker that wins the spotlight not the game. Why should we divide ourselves into groups?

This was a great update. A lot of newer parks are filling out all areas of the list which seems appropriate. And I love seeing Universal Outrage in the top 5.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading