General Chat / This will sound seriously fucked up..

• darkx199%s's Photo
    ...but i'm planning to jump from a first story window ledge onto a concrete patio below, i know that its most likely i will break my legs, as most of my friends have pointed out, it will be filmed and then posted on the net.

What are your thoughts on this totally stupid stunt, for which invevitably (sp?) i'll get grounded for.

;)
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    exactly what you said; totally stupid, and for which you will be grounded.

You shmuck, this is the kind of thing you're supposed to rope a dimwit friend of yours into doing (unless you are the dimwit of course...).

peace out, have fun at the hospital.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    yes, it is very dumb. You could probably end up in a hospital, which will cost you (or your parents) thousands of dollars, you will be in pain, and all for what? half a second of free fall (which can be experianced on any S&S Power ride) and 15 seconds of fame in which everyone who sees the video will laugh at your stupidity.
  • Rct Flame%s's Photo
    Uh first floor? You'd have to try hard to break something jumping out a first floor window. That's a few feet.

Now if you mena second story window, then you'd be stupid. But hey, your legs, not mine.
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    One of my friends did something like that and broke both his legs and his arm for nothing. I hope you do jump though. Maybe it will teach you not to be so stupid. I'll come and visit you at the hospital, point, and laugh at your stupidity.

$Hevydevy B) $
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    I hope you die. The fewer morons like you in this world, the better.
  • DragonInferno%s's Photo
    Yeah its kinda like the guy whos friends dared him to shoot 2 bullets into his mouth and he did it.

~Dragon :t2: ~
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Dude, have you ever heard of survival of the fittest. All I can say is I hope somehow this stunt weeds you out of the gene pool so you never reproduce. You are a top Darwin Award candidate! Enjoy the fall. May I suggest you don't wear a helmet or any protective gear to increase your chances of an early death.
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    you'll be ok...
    I have jumped from one when there was a fire in my aunties house..

i sprained my ankle at worst
  • Rohn Starr%s's Photo
    What's the distance between your jump start point [first floor window] and the patio? Seems like this should only be about 3 or 4 feet. Now, if the patio is for a walk-out basement, that might be about 12 feet.

Why you would want to do this is beyond me though. But, to each his own.
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    just don't break both of your arms or else someone else will have to wipe your ass and help you aim and bath
  • natelox%s's Photo
    its not the distance that maters, its how you land. about a year ago, my local newspaper ran a story about a women who jumped from 13 stories to commit sucide. She landed on her rear, stood up, and walked away. Mind you, she was very lucky, and was TRYING TO KILL HERSELF. Also, they ran another story about a climber who fell 1000ft off the side of a cliff into a pile of powder snow, and got up and walked away.
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo

about a year ago, my local newspaper ran a story about a women who jumped from 13 stories to commit sucide. She landed on her rear, stood up, and walked away.

how can you do that without your head moving into your ass?
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo

Dude, have you ever heard of survival of the fittest.  All I can say is I hope somehow this stunt weeds you out of the gene pool so you never reproduce.  You are a top Darwin Award candidate!  Enjoy the fall.  May I suggest you don't wear a helmet or any protective gear to increase your chances of an early death.

I love the Darwin Awards! Always good for a laugh! :lol:

Oh, and why do brilliant folk like you keep visiting forums to inform us of your profound ideas?

Please in addition to Toon's comments, get a bed of nails to cushion your fall while you're at it.

BTW, Flame's got a good point about the few feet thing, but I think he meant to say he'll fall a story....just another example of his brilliance, and the dire need to be included in the gene pool.

Please, someone hand me the chlorine and shock treatment, we've got a mess here!

Kai 8@
  • Doc%s's Photo
    I'm shocked at what you are proposing. It may be funny for people watching it (as programs like Jackass and CKY have demonstrated), but I have some serious concerns for your safety. Ask yourself whether it's worth being injured, crippled or even killed for. I mean, is your life worth little more than a sick prank?

If you want to do something like this for fun, that's understandable, but I'd strongly advise something that won't put you in serious danger.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    actually, the only concern I have is that it won't be entertaining UNLESS you get tremendously hurt.
    and if you DON'T get hurt, I won't even give a fuck (and neither will anyone else).
    So if you ARE doing this TO get hurt, then i suggest don't... you simply aren't getting paid enough for it to be worth it.
    If you are doing this just to say you can land on your feet from 1 story, then you are wasting your time... *I* certainly won't be impressed (and neither will anyone else).

On the lighter side of things; if you are going to do it, and get hurt, be sure I get the first peek at the video. I would highly enjoy that. :yup:
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    I jump off my roof all the time... the only problems I've had is irritating a knee injury from track... and a sore ankle.

Good Luck! :stupid:
  • Creator%s's Photo
    I like to jump from my first floor to my basement. It's about a 12 foot drop from the railing down. My basement has carpeting so it makes things a bit easier. Don't worry though, the ground will break your fall... and then you will winde up in the hospital...
  • lazyboy97O%s's Photo
    I too would like to know how far this drop is. My school has retracable bleaches that stand about 15ft high. During P.E., if they were pushed in, I would climb them and jump from the top. So your fall is going to have to be a big one, or you will have do a pencil dive and then your legs will snap under the pressure.
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    Give me a break! The least you could do is make it interesting! Skate off the roof, ride a bike, try to land on your friend who is down on all fours like a horse, do something to spice things up a bit.. Heck, go get a hopety-horse and jump off and land on that, then at least your hopeful viewers will get the thrill of seeing you jump followed by you being catapulted over the fence (better yet, into the fence) and into the raw sewege ditch on the other side!

Todd

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading