Hi-Rollers / Q&A

• iris%s's Photo
    Ask questions.
    Get answers.
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    Are we allowed to submit more than one entry?

$Hevydevy B) $

ANSWER: No. Each person can only submit one entry.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    Did you have to sign up for this contest?

ANSWER: Technically, no. All you have to do is submit your entry to Iris by August 31. You may declare your intentions of entering if you like, though.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    So I can enter as of now?

ANSWER: Yes. You can enter at any time, provided that you finish your park by the August 31st deadline. So if you entered on August 29, finished your park in two days, you could still submit it.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Does it have to be a full park or can it be just a ridiculously huge Adventure Ride?

ANSWER: Either. You may fill the workbench as you see fit, using as many rides and attractions or as little as you like.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    any rules on what to build ? or just fill the park any way we want ?

ANSWER: You may fill the workbench as you see fit, but you may use no more than two roller coasters from the same company. That means you can put an inverted and a dive machine, and that'd be it. If you have the previous two, you cannot put a floorless coaster. Similarly, if you make three woodies, make sure at least one of them is from a different company... like one can be a John Miller model, another from PTC, and the third from GCI.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    does that mean no duelers coz i was gona do dulelers

ANSWER: You may construct duelers. A dueling coaster counts as one roller coaster. In fact, even a tri-racer would be counted as one roller coaster. Essentially, since a multi-track coaster shares the same station, it is counted as one coaster. So you'd be able to build two B&M dueling inverts if you wanted to (for a total of four tracks).
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    Other custom scenary...... as in other than what is all ready in the workbench. Can we add that?

ANSWER: No. You must use ONLY the theming items and attractions, shops, and restaurants provided in the workbench. You cannot alter the size of the workbench.
    You can only edit the workbench in the scenario editor by changing landscape and making the entrance structure different (i.e. use the entrance GATES as opposed to the traditional entrance).
    This is to ensure that everyone works from the same source, to make as fair of a competition as possible, so that custom scenery cannot be used as an additional advantage.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    where can i get the workbench?

ANSWER: Go to the NE Major Announcements forum and click on the first page of the NE Hi-Rollers Contest thread.
    RCT 1 Workbench is here.
    RCT 2 Workbench is here.
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    In the RCT1 workbench, can you change the color of the water? And, what is the actual size of the RCT1 workbench?

Aérôglòbe Posted Image

ANSWER: You may change the water color using a trainer if you wish. The RCT 1 workbench is also 85x85 squares large.
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    Shit I never knew the deadline was the end of august shit I better get my arse in gear.

RESPONSE: Yup. You probably should. Unless you can work OZONE-fast... or faster...
  • California Coasters%s's Photo
    1. Do you have to be a parkmaker or have a spotlight/runner-up park to enter?

2. How big is the RCT2 map?

3. Am I bugging you with all these questions? ;)

ANSWERS:
    1. Anyone can enter. You do not have to be a park maker or have won Spotlight or Runner-Up to enter. Anyone can submit a park, even he/she has never played RCT before.

2. The RCT 2 map is 85 x 85 squares.

3. Probably.
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Erm, two questions again.

1. Hypothetical question: If someone starts their entry, posts a screen, starts over, and then posts a screen of the new entry (the old one is forgotten, and won't be submitted), does that get them disqualified because of two screens?

2. Who is answering all these questions?

Aérôglòbe Posted Image

ANSWERS:
    1. No. If they posted a screen of an old park, then scrapped it and started on a new park, they can post a screen of their new park. However, they can still only post one screen of this new park, no more. This is assuming the old park is basically deleted.

2. Me.
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    My old screen is down, can i post a new one ? ;)X

ANSWER: No. If you are still working on the same park, you can only use that old screen. If it is down, change it to a different server, but you cannot post another, different screen of the same park.
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    Will the highest ranked non-parkmaker be promoted?

ANSWER: Maybe... it depends on how impressed the judge(s) is/are.
  • i c ded pplz%s's Photo
    1. How many adventure rides are allowed?

2. Will you post a complete list of the rules?

3. Will the Parkmakers previous record be looked at for thier entry?

4. Whats the most important thing your looking for in your marking?

ermm, thanks? :)

ANSWERS:
    1. I believe you can have a total of two adventure rides, though if that's wrong I'll correct that figure.
    2. Look in the official post announcing this contest, located in the "NE Major Announcements" forum.
    3. No. Previous work will not count for or against the entry. Whether the person be Fatha' or some unknown park maker, the judging will be the same.
    4. Wouldn't that be spilling the secrets? We can't reveal that, can we, or else everyone would concentrate on that. Just do what you do best and let the judge(s) decide.
  • posix%s's Photo
    The LL workbench is 85x85 too. It's missing scenery. The gates in the fence-menu. People won't notice and forget to use them. What are we going to do now? :p

ANSWER: Frankly, since the whole attractions and scenery no-change rule was designed to make RCT 2 as fair for everyone as possible, I think it'd be okay for you to enable all theming and attractions on the RCT 1 workbench using a trainer.
  • RBG%s's Photo
    1. In icdp's post, you said there's a max of 2 adventure ride. Is an adventure ride a ride that isn't flat or a coaster?

2. There's a max of two coaster from a company. What if we make a type of coaster with a different track. Example - say I put in a giga and an impulse. Can I also put in an intamin rocket that uses hyper-twister track?

ANSWERS:
    1. Adventure rides are ride that is made of roller coaster track, and sort of moves like a coaster...but the whole premise is different, where you are going on some sort of adventure, and not the conventional coaster-type elements. For examples, check out "SandStorm Rally" at Egyptopia and "Lion King: The Adventure" at Disney Dreams.

2. If you already have an Intamin giga and an Intamin impulse, you CANNOT put in a rocket coaster. Even though it uses a different track, it's from the same company, so it would not be allowed. You could, however, bend the rules by making the giga coaster from, say, B&M and then putting in an impulse and a rocket coaster.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    1. Who is judging? Raven? Iris? A panel? Will there be a points system rubric like Creativity, execution, coasters, etc?

2. Also, can you please rig the contest so that I win. Thank you.

ANSWERS:
    1. The judges won't be revealed until all the judging is completed. The point system rubric will all depend on the judge(s).

2. No. Obviously.
  • i c ded pplz%s's Photo

Also, can you please rig the contest so that I win.  Thank you.

;) I think we know the answer too that...

Another Question.

If i'm using train cars as scenery that doesn't count as a ride does it? Cause its not functional... :)

ANSWER: Correct. If used as scenery, a roller coaster does not count toward the "coaster company limit."

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading