General Chat / Athletics

• Rct Flame%s's Photo
    I haven't done PE since My freshman year (Gymnastics takes care of wanting to do that..), but I do highschool track. First year was this past year (sophomore) and I made varsity...our team won states last year, so it's a pretty beefed up team.

My best 100 time was a 11.6 (My coach had me @ 11.4 @ Conference (as well as coaches from other teams) but the team that hosted the meet was our rivals, so I got screwed over (all the other teams coaches were admitting it...lol).

My best 200 time was a 24.2....Kinda slow. Should be faster by next year though.

My best 400 time was a 56 (long leg of the 1600 relay...ick). It was the only time I did a 400 this year.

My longjump is disgustingly horrible, so don't ask what it is.
  • Bender902%s's Photo
    Does anybody here play soccer (besides me?) Also I used to play basketball and baseball in grade school. My high school wins the state championship in about every sport so I can't make the teams. Sometimes I go golfing (but i suck.)
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo
    I play baseball...that's it. I had a .475 batting average with 3 homeruns last year and I only made like 10 errors all year (we played about 40 games) and I was starting Center fielder. I dunno my stats for this year yet.

-inferno
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    Golf since I was 6. Basketball for six years through junior, and senior high. Football in junior high. I also did shot put (sp?) for two years in Senior High. I also like wheight lifting. I bench 215 max. and leg press 365 max.

$Hevydevy B) $
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Nowadays I just run around the track some days and shoot hoops other days. I'd love to play a game of basketball or soccer or anything really but none of my friends ever want to play for some reason. Lazy bums. I thought this topic was about Oakland though. As in the Oakland Athletics. Yeah Nor Cal sports B) Down with Yankees/Lakers (ie THE DARK SIDE) I hope Karl Malone and Gary Payton don't get their rings. You lose all pity from me when you sign over to the dark side. (That's right Jason Giambi, I'm talking to you too)
  • RRP%s's Photo
    I play roller hockey for a couple of different teams in different leagues,i train/play everyday and one of teams is GBHI under 16 national champions this year. Go me.
  • Dixi%s's Photo

Does anybody here play soccer (besides me?)

Yup, im quite good at it too. Next year Il be the 'b' team captain for the school, I could have been quite an influential player for the 'A' team but I took a double award ICT course (2 GCSE's for 1 course) and I have to do an extra lesson, and unfortunatly it is at the same time as the matches would have been 8@ . Our football team is the best in the borough, it won the league and the cup, the finals of both were played at Manchester Uniteds (possibly the worlds best team but I hate them!) training ground. :D

I also used to play basketball for a team, but I had lots of other things going on in the week so I had to quit. And the school team just 'dissapeared' for some reason. Stupid School.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I'm shit at most things. I'm vaguely good at long/triple/high jump for my size, but still shit.

It's the lack of any muscle/fat/strength that does it.

But I guess I could kick all your asses at weight-loss.
  • YetiGKM%s's Photo
    I used to play Soccer in high school, but I realized I sucked, so i moved over to Cross Country and made Varsity on my junior year. Now I am at college and run Cross Country still. My 5k time is 15:55 if anyone cares.
  • G-Rocks%s's Photo
    I play tennis but I haven't in a while because of work...I play on my school's team...the best I ever did in PE was National and not Presidential because I'm not some super athletic freak and such.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

I'm shit at most things. I'm vaguely good at long/triple/high jump for my size, but still shit.

It's the lack of any muscle/fat/strength that does it.

But I guess I could kick all your asses at weight-loss.

If you lose any more weight, might you disappear completely?
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Yes.

I play tennis for about two hours a day and more on others.

Other than that I ride my bike about everywhere I go, so add in about 10 miles of bikeriding a day and that concludes all my activity.

Ghaahha.
  • Outlaw%s's Photo
    Im about 6'3, 190...I maxed out at 195 on the bench press this spring before we stopped lifting for baseball season. I run around a 4.6-4.7 in the 40 and a 7.0-7.1 in the 60.

Freshman year I played basketball, hated the coach cuz he played a slowed down 60's version of the game with 200 plays to memorize that didn't do shit except ball movement, so I quit and haven't played since. Only thing I like about basketball now is that my favorite player, Gary Payton now plays for a good team. Thank God for free agency. Lakers all the way 2004!

I've played baseball all my life, its my favorite sport. I started a few games this season for my varsity team as a sophomore when our starting left fielder got hurt. I then got moved to DH when he came back because I was still doing good...but eventually my streak ended and I was subbed in for. I think I ended up battin around .330 with a homerun and 7 RBI's in 6 games. Ive always been a power hitter for my age and just hope that my average comes along with it, I strike out alot tho too. I guess you could compare me to Sosa or somebody like that who basically either hits it hard or strikes out haha. Next year Ill prolly either start at first base due to my height or just DH. I pitch alot too and have had 17 K's in 7 innings once...easily the best game of my career. Our baseball team has won the state championship 3 times out of the past 5 years and I came to the school strictly for baseball.

Dont do alotta football other than in the backyard and stuff. I play receiver, again due to my height and am known for taking plays off until I feel the urge to run a streak route lookin for the long TD + post score celebration (I'm notorious for the celebrations mind you...along with shit talking) My friends compare me to Shannon Sharpe alot, though I like to think more along the lines of Randy Moss.

But overall, I'd say I'm pretty athletic. Definitely still lazy beyond belief like Pyro said but when the time calls for it I can make myself get the job done. I'm also extremely competitive and can't stand to lose.
  • sloB%s's Photo

I play roller hockey for a couple of different teams in different leagues,i train/play everyday and one of teams is GBHI under 16 national champions this year. Go me.

ya man roller hockeys the shit. i play everyday too. a travel team asked if i wanted to play with them but i woulda had to play on sat mornings. early. well other than that im playin ice hockey this year for my school and i run track and x-country.
  • Steel Falcon%s's Photo
    I swim... not competitively anymore, but I want to start back up again.

I played #8 on the school tennis team this year, but that was only because I hadn't picked up a racket in over a year... If I play tennis next year for the team I hope to atleast make the top 6... at our school, the top 6 are the only ones who play matches that count for actual ranking points.

If I don't play tennis, I'll play soccer... I really don't know what happened, when I was like 10 I was a forward and really good at it... but then I quit for a year and came back as a goalie... I'm not great, but I can undoubtedly get better... but I don't know what happened... I used to be a big runner but now I sit between the posts... not the most athletic of positions on the field.

But yeah, that rounds up my sports talents... ... ... :X

-Steel Falcon-

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading