H2H9 / H2H9: Round Robin - R2M1 - Manual Laborers vs Adventurers Club

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Select your favourite park.

1. Pirates by the Manual Laborers 30 votes [37.04%]
    • MorganFan
    • Kumba
    • Bubbsy41
    • Zarathustra
    • WhosLeon
    • Coasterbill
    • Emiel
    • Xtreme97
    • Steve
    • Lowenaldo
    • A n d r e w
    • AvanineCommuter
    • robbie92
    • Milo
    • Mulpje
    • PizzaWurscht
    • dr dirt
    • AJ-
    • ultro
    • be_nice
    • kenos
    • G Force
    • Splitvision
    • Mr.Brightside711
    • Fisch
    • mamarillas
    • FK+Coastermind
    • Lilith
    • Wulfke
    • Jene
    Percentage of vote: 37.04%
  2. El Dorado by the Adventurers Club 51 votes [62.96%]
    • Six Frags
    • Mulder
    • RWE
    • Thethrillman
    • Ling
    • djbrcace1234
    • Paeve
    • CoasterCreator9
    • 6crazy6king6
    • Dr_Dude
    • trav
    • chorkiel
    • geewhzz
    • Maverix
    • RCTFAN
    • saxman1089
    • Hepta
    • tabard424
    • BelgianGuy
    • Coaster-GEOFF
    • wheres_walto
    • RobDedede
    • olddtfan51
    • Camcorder22
    • Magnus
    • zxbiohazardzx
    • René
    • Jappy
    • Sulakke
    • bigshootergill
    • Astroturd
    • CedarPoint6
    • spacek531
    • Lurker
    • SupraSix
    • Goliath123
    • Nokia
    • alex
    • pants
    • Eagleray3
    • SSSammy
    • IonZer0
    • Tolsimir
    • Terry Inferno
    • Psi
    • Casimir
    • CHE
    • Roomie
    • battle boy
    • Recurious
    • Ulvenwood
    Percentage of vote: 62.96%
  • barnNID%s's Photo

Pirates!: What an amazing park to go against. The atmosphere you guys managed to produce here is nothing like anything I’ve ever seen in rct before. I got so many flashbacks to Pirate of the Caribbean and AC Black Flag while viewing this park it was crazy.

The boats were a definite highlight for me. As someone who struggles to build boats, I was very amazed at what you guys came up with. The architecture really merges nicely with the boats as well which I thought was a nice touch. I was a huge fan of the seamless blending of CSO and NCSO in this submission.

A few of my favorite achy bits

Attached Image: nin1.PNG

Attached Image: nin3.PNG

Everyone has already talked about the kraken so I won’t go super heavy into it here but yes it was awesome. As for the landscaping I loved the volcano textures and the overhangs. The 1J rocks along with the crypto rocks looked a bit weird to me compared to the rest of it. The foliage was incredible, it really contributed heavily to the great atmosphere.

I thought the coaster layout was really fun and twisty, seems like something I would love to ride. The supporting rides were insane as well. The little zip line type thing was a nice touch. The splash boats were also incredible. I was a big fan of the archy on the splash boast station as it adds a great touch of variation to the map.

One of the favorite screens on the map

Attached Image: nin2.PNG

The builder here should be supper happy of the amazing product that they came up with, it was a pleasure to view.

El Dorado: El Dorado was very fun to build on. Scoop, Sens, and Lew really killed it on this project, I still find myself in awe of the flume scoop came up with. I was sorry that Pirates! had to lose this round as it is such an amazing piece of rct, however I’m definitely glad that we came out of this one with a W!

• Turtle%s's Photo

I thought this match up would be way closer to be honest. 

I didn't vote in the end, both parks were amazing and I didn't want either to loose. Personally I was wowed by Pirates slightly more, whereas I probably spent more time looking at El Dorado. I understand why it won, as it really felt jam-packed and full of life. And there were areas of both which I thought deserved an instant win.

My favorite parts of each - 

Pirates:

- Kraken, definitely the best sculpture I think i've ever seen from track

- Architecture felt really organic, and I always appreciate when someone creates a brand new style of archy that I haven't seen before

- Ships were incredible

- Landscape really felt like a tiny section of a larger world, I can imagine this map continuing onwards

- Great atmosphere

- Kinda reminded me of Corsair Veridian but without the airships, and way better

El Dorado

- Really strong and consistent theme throughout

- Felt full of life, so much to look at

- Great colors - in contrast to the Venetian steampunk park, this one managed to make a primary color palette look natural and harmonious

- The custom top spin in the corner cut away into the landscape was worth the win alone, LOVED that big red wall

What's more, I haven't even heard of some of these builders (apologies, i'm not super up to date obviously), and you guys are creating work that is superior to anything i've ever seen. Very impressed, thankyou. 

• Scoop%s's Photo

I didn't want to flood this topic with the longest write up in history clogging up this page :p

Attached File  What can I say about El dorado.pdf (23.81MB)
    downloads: 169

• Goliath123%s's Photo

Etnertaining read thanks Scoops

I ended up voting El at the end as I thought there was more to entertain me and to bring me back in the future. Pirates definitely had some wow at the first viewing however! A close one for sure well done everyone

• Faas%s's Photo
    Pirates! was my favourite of the two parks, although the shade of yellow used in El Dorado is my favourite colour.
  • posix%s's Photo

Congrats Scoop, this is a rather impressive step taken for you.

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

Great job, Scoop. It was great building with you last H2H and I'm not surprised at all that you had such a large role in something this great. barnNID keeps on churning out great work too which is great to see.

10% from Sens is nothing to overlook either. Awesome to see you becoming more and more active and having a hand in more and more great projects.

• In:Cities%s's Photo

Sens is an absolute king.

Not to mention Iretont coming through HARD with the custom rides, and RaunchyRussell for being a hack god and stealing that capybara

• saxman1089%s's Photo

Holy hell, this match was something else. Two great parks, and made it really difficult to choose. In the end, I ended up choosing El Dorado because it felt like the whole package and everything came together on it. Pirates! had an amazing set piece and opening, and while the rest of the park was great, it didn't do as much for me as El Dorado did. 

Really, great job to all the builders!

• FredD%s's Photo

Scoop and the guys killed it with El Dorado! Feels good to get our first win in :)  I'm also very happy for you Scoop, feels like the break-out park you were so close for from some time. The log flume is obviously nuts. But the whole map has great archy and a great vibe. The Aquatrax and Diver from Lew are also so good. Great job fellow Adventurers!

Manual Laborers - Pirates

Come on, wasn't there a more original name you could've picked :p  Have to say the first view of this park was quite bamboozling. The Kraken arms and especially the vortex took my attention immediately. Stunning features! Overall this is a great piece of work, I kinda love everything here. The archy is gorgeous and those ships are greatly done. Also really cool cut scenes. 

Great atmosphere, great technical execution, cool features. Awesome park!

• In:Cities%s's Photo

Major congrats to my boys for pulling out this win. Super proud of the squad who worked on our park and developed it to the level it ended up being. I know it was a lot of late nights, but well worth it in the end. Couldn't be happier about what you guys were able to do.

Maaaaan I loved this pirates map so much. The name is fine, calm down. It seems like the type of map that I would try to make and convince my team to "just trust me" haha. Less of a park - more of a worldbuilding / storytelling. Big focus on macro and set pieces to push the narrative. As I've said before - I truly wish it had a larger map to let these ideas shine through, but such is the limitations of H2H. I knew nin would come out swinging this H2H, and this map is no exception. The foliage is great. The new approach to cliffs is admirable - if a bit blurry at times. I dig it. The blue/gold El Dorado thing is a hilarious parallel to our park. The ghost ship is a fantastic detail. The "Gangplank" coaster was masterfully woven throughout the park. I love how it wraps around the cliffs. The central ship battle is just SO good. That Kraken is phenomenal. The flying cannonballs, the whirlpool, the overall swirling shape of the wave objects, the diagonally wrecked ship, the Queen Anne's revenge ship. Dear god thats the best ship i've ever seen in this game. I've made a few. This one is way better. I hope you guys are proud of this park, because it's absolutely memorable.

Some things I loved/noticed:

Attached Image: 2021-05-14 22_39_40-OpenRCT2.png

Maybe i'm just partial to flamingos. But this is an awesome little detail.

Attached Image: 2021-05-14 22_40_23-OpenRCT2.png

Love seeing the skull pop up.

Attached Image: 2021-05-14 22_41_00-OpenRCT2.png

The hanging vines are done so well. I love the ferns. I think the biggest success of this part of the map is how well the depth is sold. Great work.

Attached Image: 2021-05-14 22_41_56-OpenRCT2.png

Apparently i'm a sucker for a good banyan tree. Executed so well.

Attached Image: 2021-05-14 22_43_15-OpenRCT2.png

As the man himself would say - this scene is sg. 

Attached Image: 2021-05-14 22_43_55-OpenRCT2.png

Excellent little detail. I love the attention to storytelling.

• Maxwell%s's Photo

Missed out on the voting this match, but copying my thoughts below!

H2H9 Park Reviews

Pirates!

Had to reopen the game a few times to understand Swashbuckler, but I enjoy the attempt

+10 for the battle! Love the shipwreck and kraken, not to mention the ships themselves

The entire scene is teeming with life; drowning crew, flying cannonballs, torrential waters, etc.

Especially love how The Voyage descends into the vortex!

Really enjoy the overall ship hull/mast architecture scattered about

+1 for Disney PotC scene in the cavern

Entire El Dorado scene is great. Love the contrast with the foliage

Love the small details; circling birds, hanging pirates, window pirate on wreck, X marks the spot!

The ghost ship is awesome too! I appreciate it being somewhat hidden

Zipline Cart Transport was a great detail as well!

El Dorado

The sheer amount of detail and content in this park is incredible…

Not going to try to understand how the Track Foundry works, but I’m sold on the gold!

The overall hacks in this park are fantastic; Valdores, the Top Spin(?), Furia!

Furia de Halcon may be my favorite flat of the competition so far, just SG

Quetzalcoatl station, sculpture, and layout are all great!

Love the blending of JtA and Chiapas elements on Rio Malditio, especially the entrance sign!

Very much enjoy Yaguara and Templo, just fantastic work all around

All the interiors, cutaways, and landscaping details adds so much atmosphere

Overall architecture and temple ruins all blend so well too

+1 for Scrooge McDuck scene

Palette and water combo works very well together, it’s simply gorgeous

Vote for R2M1 – El Dorado

The decision was supported by the sheer amount of quality content presented by El Dorado. Not to take anything away from Pirates!, but El Dorado just contained so much variety and quality in its submission, that ultimately held my attention longer.

Shoutout to both teams for pulling off such adventure themes so well. I'm continually impressed by everyone involved!

• Liampie%s's Photo

I never shared the graphs for R2.

Attached Image: Schermafbeelding 2021-05-21 om 20.15.55.png

Not a super interesting match statistically, but when the votes started to go parallel I wondered if the match could go any different if the initial voters who caused the AC lead waited a day or two. The final votes mirroring the first votes took away that doubt. Seems like an accurate, reliable outcome here.

• Maverix%s's Photo
    https://youtu.be/2ZZgqQNLyEU

My video review of the parks!
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo

Big bump, but I'm finally getting to the reviews for Round 2.  Here's a link to the match 1 video.  Great work all around.  I'm appreciating both of these more and more every time I view them.

https://youtu.be/H9atD1LOemM

• GamingRevenant%s's Photo

I'm having a missing file, and I can't download it anywhere (or even through the game). It's called TOLS3DS1 and always pops-up trying to open the save.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: missing-file_el-dorado_rct2open.png
  • Liampie%s's Photo

OpenRCT has introduced .parkobj files alongside .dat files, and these sadly do not export with the savegame (yet). We always try to include these files with the savegames. Look again in the .zip that you downloaded, the file should be there. Put it in OpenRCT's object folder, and that should do the trick.

• GamingRevenant%s's Photo
    Look again in the .zip that you downloaded, the file should be there. Put it in OpenRCT's object folder, and that should do the trick.

I have no .dat object of any kind in the .zip file downloaded from this page. The only files that are there are 2 .wav files and an image file (the logo of the park). Do I also put these in the objects folder? There are no instructions for installations whatsoever, which would be a suggestion of mine for the creators of the map to do (because for new users, it's quite complicated to know where what needs to be).

EDIT: Eventually I worked it out by downloading a few other parks that did have the .dat included. Just letting you know that this download does not include the proper .dat file and thus might confuse new users. Amazing park!

• Liampie%s's Photo

Bad luck you happened to try just one where we forgot to do it. We should add it, so I'm glad you noticed and posted about it.

Also glad it made you download other parks. I recommend La Tomatina and Rajasthan. :p

• CedarPoint6%s's Photo

Here's a video review of these parks: 

https://youtu.be/H9atD1LOemM

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading