Ask the Experts / Help! Or something...

• cg?%s's Photo
    So, anywho: I was having a problem with RCT, a problem I (and most of you, probably) have had before. So, I knew the way to solve this was to uninstall, reinstall and then patch the game.

However, the games uninstall file did not work!

So, what to do? I deleted the game manually, by removing all of the files that it installed on my computer. I then placed the RCT disk into my CD-ROM, and it didn't know the game was uninstalled!

It just asked me if I wanted to Play or Uninstall it!

I clicked uninstall and got the same error as before. I clicked play, just to see what would happen, and well, nothing happened.

So here's the question: how do I make the game know its uninstalled, so that I can reinstall it and fix my problem? Hmm? I suck at computers...
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo
    Instead of un-installing it, just re-installed the game by overwriting the files. Going through the D:\ drive selecting setup.exe and installing the game and overwriting it. After that, patch it, and it should work. If overwriting it does not work, i don't know what will.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    reformating fixes everything.
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    Here's what I would do-
    1.Go to the folders
    2.Delete the folders completly
    3.Delete all folders that have to do with RCT2/RCT1.
    4.Reinstall and start up the game
    5. Do process over if it doesn't work. :D
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    Question: What patch do I have to use, and where can I find it?
  • Alec%s's Photo
    drexler. IDK where,
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    Okay, allow me to rephrase:

1. Where do I find the Drexler patch?
    2. What official patch do I need to use, and where do I find it (official site?)?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading