General Chat / Hello Friends I made another video

• SSSammy%s's Photo

More film analysis! This time it's about NOBODY, a film that is out in cinemas as we speak 

check it out, like it, subscribe, share that shit!!!

love u

https://youtu.be/DsExJHVtd3A

• Ge-Ride%s's Photo

I watched that video. Good points on toxic masculinity but especially on considering the other person's perspective.

• SSSammy%s's Photo

thank you ge-ride! its a great exercise - it really reveals a lot about how the creators see the world

• Ge-Ride%s's Photo

I don't have your kind of perspective on character in movies. I wish I did. But what I try to remember when I see a movie is that everything has to be condensed in time and that with a screen you have a different sort of visual sense than the characters would. You only get a few sentences where life gives you a fuller conversation and unless your film is long, you can't show something like making full repairs to an automobile, a writer working out a page of text, or the full obsession of an alcoholic trying to get quit.(Though I've seen The Lost Weekend and that works as a simplified film.) For more ordinary life where most of the situations aren't relevant, it works, like this, but for fantasy content, I'd say that it's better to have more time, like at least a short series unless you're content with simple plot devices and emotional conflicts settled very quickly. I still like movies but in many ways, when there's a good plot, I'm starting to prefer TV shows over movies. I'm more into animation, fantasy, and sci fi, but I'm often up for a film that's a bit more eccentric like Can You Ever Forgive Me?. Have you seen or heard of that movie?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading