H2H9 / H2H9: Round Robin - R6M3 - Logan's Run vs Cereal Killers

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Select your favourite park.

1. Blue Pearl by Logan's Run 2 votes [3.92%]
    • Magnus
    • Wulfke
    Percentage of vote: 3.92%
  2. Gangland by the Cereal Killers 49 votes [96.08%]
    • Kumba
    • Scoop
    • Fisch
    • Gustav Goblin
    • BelgianGuy
    • Lowenaldo
    • RobDedede
    • 6crazy6king6
    • Recurious
    • Sulakke
    • spacek531
    • geewhzz
    • wheres_walto
    • olddtfan51
    • Camcorder22
    • Goliath123
    • Pacificoaster
    • WhosLeon
    • Otsdarva
    • deanosrs
    • AvanineCommuter
    • Dr_Dude
    • SupraSix
    • FredD
    • posix
    • chorkiel
    • MK98
    • tabard424
    • bigshootergill
    • Iretont
    • CHE
    • CoasterCreator9
    • SensualEthiopianPolice
    • dr dirt
    • Astroturd
    • Lilith
    • Thethrillman
    • Lurker
    • Terry Inferno
    • PizzaWurscht
    • giraty
    • MCI
    • hoobaroo
    • Milo
    • ottersalad
    • Jappy
    • In:Cities
    • Mulder
    • Faas
    Percentage of vote: 96.08%
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Match Conclusion

The poll is now closed.

The Cereal Killers have won this match with a score of 49–2.

Creators

Cereal Killers"Gangland"

StormRunnerFan

Splitvision

G Force

Logan's Run"Blue Pearl"

Steve

Bubbsy41

Info

Logan's Run have used their one-time deadline extension for this match.

• Liampie%s's Photo

I'm not sure whose idea this was initially, several people had ideas in this direction. There was a lot of synergy of ideas and collaborative brainstorming before this park came to be. It was initially scheduled to go in one of the earlier rounds, like R3 or R4, but we kept having other parks finish before it, buying Split a lot of time to get everything right. SRF started early, slowly chipping away at the map with the park and some of  the skyscrapers.

I'm amazed as everyone else is at Split's hacking wizardry and his ideas, which he also showed in Christchurch. Exactly why I drafted him, and oh boy, did he deliver so far! MVP for us. I'm also really happy with SRF's contributions! Hoped to get a park out of him and I love the archictecture he did. Crunch is popular and SRF is clean, but I think it's fantastic. Some of the best archy in the contest so far.

My own contributions to this map are a lot of brainstorming and being critical, and I also translated the brainstorm ideas into a concrete proposal for a map layout that the team followed pretty accurately.

Some scrapped ideas you can see on these maps are a park instead of railyard and a sewage plant with a dirty stream trickling into the harbour. One early idea we had was to have a body float down the stream into the harbour, where the mystery would begin. We've had enough ideas for ten murder mysteries...

Attached Image: Schermafbeelding 2021-08-02 om 22.09.52.png

Attached Image: Schermafbeelding 2021-08-02 om 22.10.40.png

Will definitely review Blue Pearl soon! I thought it was beautiful.

• Steve%s's Photo

Am I mad that Liam and his goons totally wrecked me and the boys this match? Absolutely. Will I forever hold a grudge? Psh, you betcha. Is it out of jealousy? Maybe, yeah; Liam had raised me into H2H super-stardom over the course of a few H2H seasons and this is the thanks I get. Can you believe this guy? I can't, and you weren't even asking me. I wasn't? I don't think so. Wait, what.

Anywhoozle, Gangland is (obviously) a pinnacle of how far we've stretched this game. The opening title card with the sliding black screens to reveal the opening murder scene was so fucking hot I thought the game had crashed and I stumbled onto my private window of Google Chrome. Just so good. On top of that, there was a mini-game where I get to play detective and see what the fuss is with those crime documentaries that my wife raves about (it was actually a lot of fun and now I gotta see how Zac Efron does in Ted Bundy's shoes. Man, Zac Efron is so jacked, isn't he? Wild). With the funsies aside, the actual RCT was hit or miss for me. The Luna Park section absolutely slaps regardless of whatever realism it blatantly disregards for it's time period. There was a city block to the side of it that was pleasantly detailed and gritty also, but the block(s) with the taller skyscrapers left a little to be desired for me. Not that it was bad, but when compared to everything else I've witnessed earlier on the map it was just...okay. Overall though, a solid entry and clearly one that ticks all the H2H boxes. Well done, Killers.

As for us, well, hey. We tried. Basically, what happened to lead me to basically solo a park with Bubbsy was due to some team park shuffling and having someone do a smaller map at a high quality quickly to have a contender. Originally I had started it alone as a back up in case we ever needed it and eventually it blossomed into what we have now. I wanted to do a desert oasis with purely landscaping in the beginning with no architecture but look what happened with how that was taken. Glad everyone talked me out of it. Bubbsy did a great job with finding a direction for the architecture in the last week of building, though. And once he did a bit of the buildings in the center of the map it sort of all fell into place. Then the final days before the deadline I expanded the map from 40x40 into 40x50 just to give the oasis part a bit more lead up. It was started small so I/we didn't do more than we could handle and I didn't think it would be such a detriment in the voting but, hey, me of all people should've expected that. As far as who did what, though: I did the coaster and most of the landscaping and once Bubbsy got the style down we basically split the architecture. On top of all that, the rest of the boys on Logan's Run were stellar in trying to make sure we got it to a good spot! Proud of everyone! Even Liam and the Killers even though I hate them.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

blue pearl: lovely little park. maybe a tad light on content, but its very pretty and atmospheric. the layout is pretty great although I do wish it did a bit more with the crazy landscape it was placed into instead of being a fancier sort of out-and-back. The archy was nice though and the landscaping mostly worked, altho perhaps got a bit too monotonous and curvy in spots. still a lovely design by any means tho.

gangland: firstly, just the park on its own right is very very good. lovely architecture, from the luna park attractions to the giant skyscrapers and new york midheights. just really vibey and excellently crafted. but then--of course--the story is crazy. the opening on its own is absolutely bonkers, timed perfectly to the ragtime music and with the opening bars. so sweet. then, the mystery itself is super engaging. I'm not 100% sure if I solved it correctly, but I put the most suspicious guy in his cell and watched (after a couple times coz I couldn't follow at first), the car chase. the highlight for me was the crashed tram, which was an absurd detail and totally delightful. just pure spectacle and I totally love it. amazing work, probably the best from you guys up to this point. a slow burn! classic liampie...

• CedarPoint6%s's Photo

Here's my video reviews of this park:

Inside Look of Blue Pearl with commentary by Steve: 

https://youtu.be/AXPzaE-il_8

Review of Gangland:

https://youtu.be/Fz30r5bPa7E

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading