General Chat / Mighty Ducks get Federov!

• Brent%s's Photo
    Oops, forgot it's Fedorov.

OMFG! I was just watching CNN Headline News when the Sports part came on, and they announced that Sergei Fedorov has signed a 5-year, $40 million dollar contract with the Anaheim Mighty Ducks! That's insane! Un-believeable! Nobody saw this coming, and it happend so quickly! I bet all the people who had doubts of the Ducks next season being nothing like last season (due to the loss of Kariya) are changing their minds now.

Next paycheck i'm buying a new Duck's jearsy... with Fedorov on the back of it.

Here's the link to the news story..

http://espn.go.com/n...19/1582918.html

Also, incase anyone missed it, they also signed Tampa Bay's top point scorer (79) from last season, Vaclav (Vinny) Prospal, who also signed a 5-year contract with the Ducks. No financial terms of the deal were disclosed due to club policy.

I think I see a championship in the horizon... :yup:

Edited by The Beta Factor, 19 July 2003 - 04:33 PM.

• RBG%s's Photo
    Congratulations Riddler, your team lost their best player (Kariya) and got Fedorov. But the Wings have Hasek...

See you in the conference finals. *)
  • Brent%s's Photo
    You have a goalie who hasn't played in over a year, and is getting old. We have a young goalie (23?) that swept the Red Wings, who lost their number 1 player. I don't think they'll get to the Conference Finals next year. If anyone it'll be the Ducks and the Avs.
  • RBG%s's Photo
    Oh yeah, Fedorov was the Wing's number one player. That's true. :lol:

What about Yzerman, Shanahan, Hatcher...

And how are the av's gonna get to the conference finals without Roy? So what if they can score 7 goals a game, but what good will it do if they allow 10? Aebischer isn't that good. So I'll say Ducks and Wings in the 3rd round.
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    Ducks suck, maybe this will add to threir luck. :lol:
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    bah you all. We have Sakic, Forsberg, Kariya, Selanne, Hejduk, Blake, and Foote. We'll beat you all, unworthy scum! ;)
  • Critic%s's Photo

bah you all. We have Sakic, Forsberg, Kariya, Selanne, Hejduk, Blake, and Foote. We'll beat you all, unworthy scum! ;)

You're from Colorado? I'm from there! :D

I completely agree, too.
  • G-Rocks%s's Photo

Just like how you owned the sh!tty Wild?
  • Totovita%s's Photo
    Even when Colorado had Roy they couldn't beat the Wings Game 7 2 years ago that was a whopping. I'm just glad we got The Dominator between the pipes. Bring on the ducks!
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Tsh, c'mon... the only team that's in the way of another Western Division Championship ring (as well as the Stanley Cup) is the Avs, I'll admit that. But seriously, the Wings aren't going to have a great season. The "Dominator" won't be nearly as good as he was pre-"retirement."

And curse, no reply yet from my pm...
  • RBG%s's Photo

Just like how you owned the sh!tty Wild?

Nice. :D And That's when they had Roy.
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    Anyone remember that Regular Season Game between Detroit and Colorado in 1996 I think it was. When Detroit beat the hell out of Colorado and they won it in over time? Ahh, Great Memories.
  • The Langolier%s's Photo
    KuJo Pwnz all goalies...just because he played for the Peoria Rivermen...at one time, in the IHL until they had to cut the smaller cities from their list of teams.

Hey, considering the Avs were once the Nordiques(sp), single handedly the worst team at one point in the NHL, they arent doin all so bad...of course...the team pretty much picked up better players during the transfer.
  • Brent%s's Photo

Hey, considering the Avs were once the Nordiques(sp), single handedly the worst team at one point in the NHL, they arent doin all so bad...of course...the team pretty much picked up better players during the transfer.

They just forgot to resign Selanne... which oddly enough, they know have him back.

And BTW, Fedorov has the highest +/- rating in the NHL since 1990, with 271. The person closest to him has 217 (I forget who it was), while Yzerman has a mere 184!
  • MickMaximus%s's Photo

That all turned around when they made one of the best trades ever in hockey history. Lindros for Forsberg, some money along with a few other players.

Hasek is the man. I am from Buffalo and that guy was simply amazing. It felt like it was just yesterday. Alas. I think he will shine again and win another cup.
  • RBG%s's Photo
    Screw +/- Yzerman is just a better player. And not a dumbass who crashes his cars, and whines for 11 million a year, and then signs for 8 mil.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    holy shit thats gonna be weird seein fedOrov in a Ducks jersey. Hey who knows, maybe Disney will sucker him into one of there movies :lol:
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Disney's currently been trying to sell the club.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    BLUES!!!? Yay?

Come on you guys, you know you love em... Chris Pronger should be back this season, they got rid of (the stupid penalty taking) Nash, and resigned Osgood. Plus they have the old favorites: MacCinnis, Tkatchuck, Demitra, Mellinby, Drake, etc. (so what if I can't spell) I think.

So yeah, I'll be rooting for the St. Louis team as always.
  • OCC%s's Photo

Disney's currently been trying to sell the club.

It's true I was reading that some where on www.letsgowings.com .

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading